Kaigasse 9, Salzburg, Salzburg, 5020, Austria

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Location, location, location....

The Hotel Weisse Taube is a wonderful little place. Right in the thick of things in the pedestrian area behind the Museum and the Dom, it is still nice and quiet at night.
    When I arrived in the taxi, the Desk Clerk, a lovely young lady came out to greet me and to carry my bag. She made it so obvious that I was expected, that I felt like the only person staying there that night, which was far from the truth as the hotel was very busy indeed.

Unique Quality: My room (a single) was spacious with a proper sized bathroom which had a non slip floor covering which I found added quite considerably to my comfort since I have a fear of falling over as I have done irreparable damage to my knees in past falls and really can't afford to fall anymore.
    Breakfast was included in the room rate (67 Euro per night) and was half buffet and half table service. Once again the breakfast staff were very efficient and cheerful. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Weisse Taube to future visitors to Salzburg and will certainly stay there again whenever I next visit Salzburg.

Directions: Behind the Museum and the Dom

• Staying in Salzburg

Very helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast great and location very central to old city locations. In August, heat was oppressive and sleeping at night was impossible. No air conditioning. Leave your windows open for air and listen to drunk people till 2 AM. Garbage trucks show up at 6 AM. Hair dryers barely worked and price very high. Pretty town and nice people.

More about Hotel Weisse Taube

Best Location to Old Town

by TripAdvisor Member Major-General

The Weisse Taube is a nice 4 star rated hotel, at reasonable rates. It's convenient to the Old Town sights and the bus stop. I found the staff friendly and very helpful with questions about local sights etc. I would highly recommend the Weisse Taube to anyone staying in Salzburg.

Christmas Perfection!

by TripAdvisor Member SeattleGal_inMadrid

The Weisse Taube hotel was a perfect place to spend our Christmas in Salzburg. The ambiance had rustic charm and a cozy, comfy feel that made us want to curl up with a book and relax in our beautiful room. Our room on the 3rd floor was extremely private and had an outstanding view of the fortress out of our window. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was large. As far as location, you cannot get any better than this for the price...we could walk straight out the door and were at all the major sites in minutes...during this time of year, the Christmas market was right around the corner! The staff was extremely helpful, warm and friendly. They helped us purchase train tickets, make dinner and tour reservations and could not be more accomodating...and this includes our breakfast service as well! For an outstanding vacation, stay at the Weisse Taube...it will definitely make your visit to Salzburg all the more exciting.

Great location and price

by TripAdvisor Member sheliagg

We stayed here for one night in late November in a double room. The location was excellent for walking to most sites in the old town. The room was spacious and the staff helpful. There is a computer with internet access for guests to use at a small charge.

We were given a 10% discount off the quoted rate when paying with cash. This made an already reasonable rate even better. We’d recommend the Weisse Taube to others wishing to stay in the old town.

This is the place to stay in Salzburg. Great location and staff.

by TripAdvisor Member Galtrav

We just returned from two weeks in Austria. We stayed for 5 days in Salzburg and were lucky enough to have stayed at the Weisse Taube. The hotel is situated in the center of the old town, very convienient to all the sights. We could walk every where in the city. The staff was friendly and gracious. They were extremely helpful in booking tours and assiting us with any travel information. The rooms are cozy and quiet with lovely Austrian charm. There is no TV but who goes to Europe to watch television. They had internet access available and the breakfast was enough to get your day going. I cannot say enough about the city and our accomadations. Great place, people and location.

Friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member pen-TRIP

Great hotel ! Best location, friendly and professional staff, old classical charming room. Price was not reasonable but all other hotels in Salzburg cost almost the same. To think of location, I was very much satisfied with this hotel and price. What I liked was staff. They were really friendly, helpful and professional. Building looks bit old but cleaned perfectly.

Warm, friendly, family run Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member flushingmeadows

Stayed here 26th to 29th Jan, a very charming rustic hotel, one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in.

Situated in the Old Town the location is perfect for a tourist visit to the beautiful Salzburg, everywhere you need to visit is only a short walk away.

The staff of this family owned and run hotel were excellent, very hospitable and very knowledgeable on the locality.

I would not hesitate to stay here again when wanting to enjoy the many delights that Salzburg has to offer.

Lovely friendly atmosphere, nice breakfast and spacious rooms

by TripAdvisor Member VSM

Friendly helpful staff from the first phone call to enquire about availability. The Manager stayed late to let us in, as our flight was delayed on the evening of arrival. Breakfast was good and we loved the way they had kept the Stube traditional.

Rooms were spacious and comfortable, with excellent bathroom facilities, obviously recently installed. The location was fantastic for the Old Town and Christmas markets and we will certainly return again next year.
Would have liked a bar or restaurant in the hotel but this did not really affect our stay.

What a gem

by TripAdvisor Member brownbag

Great location, clean comfortable and staff especially Bernard went the extra mile to help with emergency dentists and trip for cut knee to the local hospital. Room clean quiet and spacious, loved the extra touch like an electric kettle in the room. Breakfast was excellant.....everything you wish for was available. We will return when we come back to Salzburg.

Altstadthotel Weisse Taube

by asparrow

I wonder if anyone has heard of, or hopefully has stayed at the above hotel in Salzburg. Its address is as follows;

Altstadthotel Weisse Taube
Kaigasse 9, A 5020 Salzburg

I have searched for it on the usual sites like tripadvisor.com but cannot find a review of it anywhere, so obviously feel wary at booking it without any feedback from other travellers.

I would be grateful if anyone knows anything about this hotel and can perhaps give some comments on it.

Thanks

RE: Altstadthotel Weisse Taube

by tracys2cents

There are lots of reviews on Trip Advisor. Just leave out the first word....look up "Weisse Taube"

RE: RE: Altstadthotel Weisse Taube

by asparrow

Many thanks for letting me know. I've now found the reviews in question.

Thanks again.