NH Salzburg Hotel

NH Salzburg City
NH Hoteles Hotels.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about NH Salzburg Hotel

Lovely stay in a trendy hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SusieQ78

My boyfriend and I stayed at the NH Hotel Salzburg for one night on Easter Sunday. The hotel is very modern and funky - the rooms are tastefully decorated and quite large by European standards. There was no view out the window. The bathroom had terrific toiletries, and there was a minibar in the room with plenty of room for drinks and snacks. The TV only had German speaking channels which was a bit of a letdown. The hotel staff weren't incredibly helpful - when we asked how to get to the Untersberg Cable Car, we were told it would take us a day to get there and not to bother. We made our own way there on a No. 25 bus which took about 20 mins and caught the cable car to the top of the mountain for the most incredible views of Salzburg. There is a great restaurant a 5 minute walk down the road called Gabler Brau which serves traditional Austrian food. Salzburg is a gorgeous city and I recommend you get yourself a Salzburg card which gives you free transport and free admission to most attractions in the city - for 27 Euros for 2 days I think we got about 60 Euros worth out of it!

Super-good in Salzburg!

by TripAdvisor Member AmyandGav

On first glance the hotel is very impressive, with a clean and sophisticated look. Situated in a pleasant and quiet area but near to many sights and extreamly close to the town which is especially useful if you have no other transport than your own feet! All staff were very friendly and spoke english well, always helpful and ready with a smile. the room was comfortable and clean with a beautiful view. All other aspects of the hotel never failed to impress and we were not let down once by anything we experienced here. Breakfast was especially to our liking as they had a vast variety from fruit to sausage and bacon! Overall the NH Salzburg is a well run, friendly and safe place to enjoy all the delights of Salzburg without any hassle or stress. Which is, after all, what a holiday is all about!

We love Salzburg

We have just returned from a few weeks in Austria. We spent christmas in Salzburg at the N H Carlton and found it comfortable. It is not a 4 star place but we enjoyed it just the same.The service was very good. Breakfasts were very good. When you stay in Salzburg everything looks great. If the same hotel were in the center of Sydney you wouldnt look twice at it.

Not bad at all

by TripAdvisor Member clairetokyo

A perfectly acceptable, well-located hotel at an excellent price. In an expensive city, you can rely on the NH to have spacious rooms available. Not amazing, but we paid 60 euros and had a nice large comfortable room on the fifth floor with a good modern bathroom. Room cleaning was a bit patchy- ie they didnt vacuum in the two days we were there, but other than that no complaints. Breakfast wasnt included, but not hard to find on nearby Linzergasse. Would stay here again if on a budget.

Hip hotel in Salzburg

by TripAdvisor Member scrott

A great hotel! Modern & trendy (feels japanese inspired with the dark wood and red furnishings). The bedroom floors were wooden which made the room feel clean, the bathroom was spotless & the bed was super-comfy. Internet access in the lobby was really useful. Its a plesant stroll over to the old town and there's some great places to eat in close proximity. Thought it was excellent value @ £50/night over Easter. Only negative thing we did notice was that there was construction next door and whilst not a problem over the weekend, it was a bit of a wake up call come Tuesday!

Booking Blunder

by TripAdvisor Member Lay9

When we arrived we were given a double room, we had booked a twin room. Told that they were fully booked that evening .at 22.30hrs and had to wait until the morning to change us, difficult as we are two ladies who are good friends but not that close! Rooms were adequate for the money, mini bar in room and Hotel staff very nice...although the waitresses in the morning with the breakfast buffet seemed understaffed...
The cold buffet was plentiful...but give a miss to the cooked breakfast, bacon burnt to a frazzle and completely dried out, fried eggs undercooked and the scrambled eggs...need I go there.., the next day the cooked breakfast was of the same quality, coffee is served already at your table and is drinkable but thats about all we can say, therefore we decided to give the dinner in the Hotel a miss!
I would describe this as a buisness hotel..lacking atmosphere for a tourist break, taxis are very reasonable in Salzburg, all metered and I am by no means flushed but I found Salzburg not expensive, therefore I would pay a little extra for a better Hotel, unless you do just want to lay your head down. Panaramo Tour for the Sound of Music with Peter and Marcus was worthwhile, they do pick you up from your hotel if you book on the internet, they plonk you down somewhere else at the end, which is not made clear when you book

Awesome Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member midwesterner65

If you are looking for a newer, clean, modern hotel this is it! The location is good. A 10 minute walk to the train station. We pulled our luggage on wheels. It is a nice 5 minute walk to the city center or the palace gardens. If you're lazy, stay right in the city center. If you enjoy walking around and seeing the city, this is a great hotel. The spa/exercise room is very cool, sauna and relaxation room. I will stay there again, I can't say that about the other 3 hotels I've tried in Salzburg.

expectations met

by TripAdvisor Member pkahle

This hotel is pretty good, modern, and centrally located. However, if you you're thinking NH is anywhere near W Hotel modern, you'll be disappointed in the cut corners. think below average assembled IKEA products. also, no AC in the summer is a consideration. nevertheless, it is safe and a good deal relative to it's location and price ($125) in town...

Rude reception staff..

So, I was disappointed with the reception staff - the check in agent didn't know what a frequent flyer card was so that I could earn airmiles.

On checking out the agent kept me waiting for several minutes. Meanwhile two other people had approached the desk and she began serving them. I eventually said "hello am I invisable or something"... She was quite rude and offered no apology for just ignoring me.

Apart from rude and surly receptioniststhat don't seem very well trained. The room was very pleasant and the bar area downstairs is pleasant. Free internet access is very handy - thanks NH for that!

Comments