Sheraton Salzburg Hotel

Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Luxury in Salzburg

All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We used my husband's points to book this room and then were upgraded to a suite - it was gorgeous. There was a second half bathroom, a living room, and a flat-screen tv in the main bathroom.

This hotel was in a great location in the city. We were able to walk to all the sites we wanted to visit. The city in general is just a lovely town to walk around and sightsee. Right behind the hotel are the lovely Mirabell Gardens. They didn't have too many flowers when we were there in Feb, but we could tell they would be gorgeous soon.

The restaurant on the premises was pretty pricey and had some odd selections. The bistro was decently priced with good selections, but it always seemed to be closed when we wanted to eat there. It was closed every day by 4pm, but we think maybe these were the winter hours. The piano bar seemed to have some nice music, but was way too smoky for us to go and enjoy.

Overall, it was a wonderful hotel if you have Starwood points, but we probably wouldn't have stayed there if we had to pay the prices.

Unique Quality: I don't know if it was unique, but we were happy to find that there was free internet access in the business center, located in a room by the elevators on the first floor. There were only 2 computers there, but it was usually empty when we went by and wanted to use it.

Directions: Take A1 and exit Mitte. Follow Ignaz-Harrer-Strasse and at the first crossing after the bridge, turn right. Go under the railroad. After the next traffic light, turn left onto Auerspergstrasse.

• WStat's Profile Photo

somewhat overstyled beauty

Very centrally located, neighbouring the Salzburg Congress Center and adjacent to the baroque Mirabell-Gardens, Salzburg Sheraton is a rather special and comfortable hotel.Large rooms, very posh and plushy decorated lounge-areas and 3 restaurants make the hotel a convenient place to stay. Not to forget amenities like indoor pool, sauna and fitness center .
    Yet Salzburg Sheraton is a bit overstyled, very expensive and lacks some personality compared with the more traditional Salzburg hotels.

Unique Quality: Positioned in a park and most centrally located within walking distance to the railway-station , the old city-center and festival-house ; adjacent to Salzburgs Conference Center.

Directions: Auerspergstrasse, by the Salzburg Conference Center

More about Sheraton Salzburg Hotel

Don't hesitate - this hotel is great.

by TripAdvisor Member 5kingfishers

The Sheraton Salzburg was lovely. I was greeted in a friendly manner by professional (multi-lingual) staff and was relieved to find a clean, spacious room after a long day of travelling. My room was well furnished with all the extras I could have wanted and have come to expect from the Sheraton brand - in room safe, bath robe and slippers, well stocked and replenished bath room amenities, magazines etc. The shower was nice and hot, with great water pressure.

While I only stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton Salzburg I can highly recommend this centrally located hotel. The city is a delight and the hotel is a nice place to retire to at the end of a full day of sighteeing. The Mirabell Gardens are a 5 minute walk away, in fact some rooms overlook the gardens, which are just beautiful in springtime. I can also highly recommend the Sound of Music tour as this gives a nice overview of the city, a short drive into the surrounding countryside and of course points out the delights and secrets of this much loved movie.

I would definately stay here again.

Presidential Suite bargain

by TripAdvisor Member neb

Stayed here for a weekend. Booked well in advance, and somehow managed to book the Presidential Suite (Mozart Suite) for 110 euros per night! (rack rate is 1,500 euros!)

Amazing suite, with a large lounge area, plasma screen tv, dining table, kitchenette, desk, and bathroom with spa bath and steam room.

Negatives to our stay there were:
- we were initially checked into a different room (probably because of the rate we secured!), and only after I complained were we relocated into the presidential suite, as per the booking.
- concierge was abrupt, when requested to provide a restaurant recommendation from the room phone (at 6pm), he told us he would help us out when we came down later (at 8pm). Of course, the restaurant he recommended when we were about the leave the hotel was fully booked. Bad service.
- king size bed was actually two singles put together (a trick that too many hotels use these days!)
- charging 5 euros for a small jug of milk (no milk provided with the coffee machine in the kitchenette).
- upon request of a late checkout (1pm), the concierge offered us a 1pm checkout for an additional 10 euros, or a 12:30 checkout for an additional 5 euros. As a Starwood Preferred Guest, I was insulted to hear this petty request.

So, all in all, a great stay, with some minor hiccups. Value for money, it was absolutely incredible. I will be forever disappointed with all future hotel rooms.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Herk_Driver

Phenomenal hotel, at a bargain (just under $200/nt). Rooms were very nice, service was top notch, the kind you would expect with a bigger price tag. Located just across the river and up a few blocks from the old city, easy stroll down shopping streets. This one hotel was easily the highlight of our trip.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Craigy

Booked an overnight stay here via Octopustravel for January and after staying wish we could have stayed longer. Upon check in we were upgraded to a suite which was fantastic, very old world style room with modern day comfort. The suite was huge. Staff at the hotel were all incredibly professional yet friendly as could be. Our rate also included a full breakfast, which was very good indeed. Cocktail bar was lovely and served powerful cocktails and the staff even allowed my partner to practice his piano skills. Location was excellent, located in the new town but still so close to everything including the old town. The walk to the old town is lovely (especially in winter) lots of snow covered buildings and mountains to see. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Very Nice!

by TripAdvisor Member lrnyn

Overall an excellent hotel. Location is great next to the garden with an easy walk to the old city. Staff is helpful and friendly. Rooms are very spacious especially for Europe and bathroom is clean and large. Would not hesitate to come back here next time. The only negative is that there was no internet connection in our particular room although it was on the executive floor. I had to use the business center. I had some urgent business emails to attend to that day and it made things a bit difficult. Otherwise I highly recommend this hotel.

Marvellous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member harvey10

We stayed here for 1 night and thought it was fantastic. The rooms were lovely, but beware the price of the mini bar! The staff were very attentive and helpful. It was about a 15 minute walk to the old part of salzburg, but very pleasant walking through the meribel gardens. I would definately stay there again. We needed 4 rooms and they put them all together. Excellent!

Great Hotel in a Great City

by TripAdvisor Member ortravelers

A wonderful big city hotel. When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite so that started our stay off on a great note. We were here for 3 days and could have stayed 30 it was so relaxing. Even thought the hotel had a number of tour groups staying you never felt crowded even at breakfast. Speaking of breakfast it was a great buffet with an omlet bar. Hotel is located about a good 10 minute walk from the old part of the city but its an enjoyable walk along the river or throught the park and its gardens. Room was very quiet even thought we overlooked a busy street.

Free computers with internet access in the business center. If you are driving the hotel is easy to find and its a snap to get out of the city when are you are ready to leave.

I don't understand what is so great about this place...

by TripAdvisor Member NYCTraveler06

I booked this hotel for a two night stay in Salzburg after having read so many rave reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm still wondering what it is that the other reviewers found so great about this place. My room was VERY old and dingy, with old furniture, creepy art on the walls, and a TV straight out of the 70s. I was first given a smoking room, though I requested non-smoking, and was told my the front desk clerk that it was actually a non-smoking room, but there just happened to be ashtrays in the room (WHAT?). I was not impressed at all. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Comments