Schwarzenbrunnerstrasse 4, Sankt Gilgen, 5340, Austria
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Sankt Gilgen

Bride and a few guestsBride and a few guests

Beautiful houses around the MozartplatzBeautiful houses around the Mozartplatz

St. Wolfgang am WolfgangseeSt. Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee

Grilled Trout with PotatoesGrilled Trout with Potatoes

Travel Tips for Sankt Gilgen

Mozart Town: Though, He's Never Been There!

by Pinat

After spending 5 minutes in the center of St. Gilgen I was sure that Mozart himself had done something here: Either he was born here or he was inspired here or he spent some part of his life here. I was really surprised to learn he'd actually never been to St. Gilgen. It was the home of his grandfather and the birth place of his mother. Also, his sister lived here after she got married. You'd understand why I was that surprised to learn these after your very first five minutes in the town:)

Almdudler and Stiegl

by acemj

While in St. Gilgen I had my first taste of a uniquely Austrian drink called Almdudler. It's a light and refreshing, slightly citrusy and not too-sweet soft drink that also has some secret Alpine herbs. It's really good!!

I also had a Stiegl Goldbräu beer. It's a typical lager with a nice amber color and a smooth taste. In fact, I think it's Austria's most popular beer (I saw it everywhere I went).

Motoryachts galore in the Marina

by globetrott

St. Gilgen is certainly a good place to rent a speed-boat or a fast motoryacht. Obviously the restrictions that apply for some other lakes in the area, do not apply for Wolfgangsee. Rent a yacht or bring your own - BUT better check first with the local authorities or your hotel, the legal situation of boats, not beeing registered in St.Gilgen might be tricky...

The Schafberg seen from St. Gilgen

by globetrott

On my picture you may see the tiny public beach of St.Gilgen and in the back the Schafberg, on the opposite shore of the Wolfgangsee. A historic steam-train will take you up there from St.Wolfgang within 45 minutes and you will have an excellent panorama-view over the surrounding mountains !

Have a look on my page about " St.Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee "!!

Nicest town on Wolfgangsee!

by Roeffie

On July 18th we visited St. Gilgen. We arrived by boat, because I parked the car in Strobl on the other end of the lake we had a nice boattrip to St. Gilgen. We visited St. Gilgen's home mountain Zwölferhorn with the funicular and had a bite in a restaurant, walked to through the town and visited the museums.

Useful Link: