Auerspergstrasse 5, Zell am See, 5700, Austria

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Tirolerhof

Hotel Tirolerhof is excellent

by TripAdvisor Member RoLoUK

Excellent location, great facilities and fabulous food. Very friendly staff, basic double room was huge and very comfortable - only critism was that bathroom had no shower curtain and there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Spa and pool were top quality - would highly recommend this hotel.

Loved the Tirolerhof

by TripAdvisor Member km1966

My wife and I stayed over Christmas at the Hotel where we met up with her parents who were over from Australia for a winter break. There was nothing about this hotel we could fault, the food was very good, the breakfast choice was excellent and the waiting/bar staff were always attentive and polite without being overbearing. The rooms were also very clean with good fittings and nice bathrooms.

We too had a view from the bedroom over to a shop(as per the unhappy guest) i cannot say this bothered me as the street was very quiet at night. The pool, sauna and spa facilities were very good and rarely crowded, I would suggest the the lack of clothing on some people in the sauna was not the hotels fault and more of a European thing so when in Rome?

We too have been to many hotels in Europe/USA/UK/Australia/Dubai etc and found this hotel to compare very favourably. In terms of price it is not the cheapest we have stayed in but what I would say is for us staying on perhaps the most expensive week of the year we would never get the same value and quality of service in Scotland for that sort of price. So give yourself a treat and try it, I do agree though that perhaps they are after more mature couples as their target guests.

Hotel Zum Metzgerwirt

by Jannacle about Hotel Zum Metzgerwirt

This wasa lovely place to stay the Half board was included and the cusine was very good. There was a good selection of both typical Austrian food and Interenational. Everyone was extremely warm and welcoming! Very nice view from the Terrace, again wonderful meals, and very close to everything. Zell Am See os small but this Hotel is in a good location to walk to most in town attractions.

"Der Sommer, die Sonne und du"

by Kettleman about Zell am See Youth Hostel

We stayed here in early June 2004. We were on a return leg of a trip to the Czech Republic and I looped back south through Austria to give my wife a chance to see the breathtaking scenery.

We had a double room with en-suite facilities and breakfast for €32.

Our first floor room had a view out over the lake. The hostel is right on the lake side and has it's own sun terrace and boats.

The picture I took from their website doesn't do it justice as it shows the front and the parked cars! The rear view with the lake is the best feature.

Beautiful setting just outside the city centre.

by nhcram about Haus am Moos

Only stayed here one night but the owners made us so welcome. The room we had was small and the bathroom was also small but it was all we needed. The owners even make apologies for this in a note left on the table in the room! The breakfast was a fantastic spread of meat, cheeses, cakes fruit and wonderful bread etc etc. The house is just outside the city and is set in beautiful grounds with a swimming pool and chapel in the grounds. This bed and breakfast was recommended by VT member Kentishgirl and I am grateful to her ! There is a swimming pool in the garden and there are a couple of bars about 1/2 mile away.

A good hotel in Vienna

by diana_renou about Capricorno Hotel

Hi, I went to Vienna last May and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel: Hotel Capricorno Wien Schwedenplatz 3-4, 1010 Wien, Austria +43 1 53331040 ()
I am a woman who travel alone, and the hotel was perfect for me. Very central good location. Very good breakfast, clean, satelital TV, good beds and friendly people. I really recommend them. Good luck!! Diana

Follow the news on the Airlines

by thinking about AIRWISE.COM

AIRWISE.COM is where I go to find information on the airline I am going to fly. I read this daily as I am a frequent flyer. It has saved me being at the wrong place at the wrong time. It also contains to lots of useful information to the travelor.

I am not a pretentious person...

by Tanechka

I am not a pretentious person and so, that usually I travelled with a group ,I have to live in the hotels,proposed by tourist agency. For example in Paris and in Nice *** hotels are not bad,usually equiped with TV,bed ,toilet in the room,what more we need? Good breakfast? left the hotel and go to the caffe!

AUSTRIA >Weisses Rössel am Wolfgangsee

by globetrott about Hotel Weisses Rössl

Hotel Weisses Rössel is the most famous hotel in St.Wolfgang. It is the one, that is mentioned in the famous operetta by R.Benatzky.

The hotel is a 5star-hotel with all the comfort you may expect ! Have a look for the great panorama you will have from the terrace of the hotel.
They even have a swimmingpool built into the lake and also heated in wintertime with 30 degrees celcius !! (you might see it, when you click on my pic ! )

I took this pic at the terrace of the church, where you may look down to the hotel.

For more infos about St.Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee, please click on my link below !

Zell am SeeZell am See

Zell am See postcardZell am See postcard

Hallenbad Zell am SeeHallenbad Zell am See

church at Zell am seechurch at Zell am see

Zell Am See

by CADspark

Hi

We are visiting Zell am See over Christmas and wanted to know if it is possible to do a horse drawn sleigh ride on Christmas Day

We are staying at the Fischerwirt .... any information on the sleigh ride and any comments on the Fischerwirt would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

by lostsooner55

I fround a link for the sleigh rides : http://www.zellamsee.com/en/winter/activities/horse_riding/horse_drawn_sleigh_rides.html. Gary

by lostsooner55

found a link, not fround a link, lol. Gary

by CADspark

Thanks Gary

We already found your link but was hoping find something in english.

We have visited Zell in the past and know that the tour operators organise sleigh rides .... our main interest is if rides are available on Christmas Day

by kingsubbu

Hi,

My wife and I are also going to be there over Christmas, and would be interested in such a ride. In case you find any info, could you kindly pass it on in these forums? I will check with the landlady at the hotel where we are staying and let you know in case I come acrss something useful.

subbu