Zell am See Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9335

PENSION HERZOG: GOOD PENSION

Once again, we didn't have accommodation booked and relied upon the tourist information centre to find us somewhere.
They did, and once again we were very happy!

Our pension was located quite close to the Lake, infact, we had nice lake views from our own balcony.
First impressions were good, a nice Austrian Pension, with plenty of flower boxes, it looked full of character, and there was off street parking for our car.
We booked a double room, which was a good size, we had our own shower & toilet, and everything else we needed.
A buffet breakfast was included in the price, this was good, and the breakfast room was a lovely sunny one.

I guess the only downside was the free wifi, it would only work in the reception area, so I had to go there and sit, other than that, I would have no hesitation in returning.

I really enjoyed the balcony, and even though the railway tracks were close, at night the Trains didn't bother me, I think the windows may be double glazed.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 25, 2012

Pension Herzog

• tizianafabiani profile photo tizianafabiani
  • Reviews: 1

Two double beds: Austrian Gasthof Wwieshof

we spent beautiful 3 days in gasthof wieshof. I booked it by internet and when I arrived in Zell I finded it better then the photos. The Gasthof is 2 Km. from the village but it's very nice to walk by foot in the pedestrian street long the lake. My room had lake, and mountain view. The room is not very big but the the view from the balcony is fantastic. In front the gasthof there is a nice green park and a little beach where if it's possible for the weather, you can take the sun or bathing. The dining room is very nice, so the open terrace where on wensday there was a music (piano bar). The staff is friendly. We had half bord and I liked very mutch the dinner. For me this hotel is perfect: near the town but in a quiet and green area. near the gasthof there is 2 public beach. I think I would like to come back the next year.

Free bike, nice drink terrace, nice view. great position. Geat value quality-price (46 € for half board).

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 2, 2006

• nhcram profile photo nhcram
  • Reviews: 747

Pension Herzog.: Fantastic Views

A charming bed and breakfast that is a family owned business.
We were on the third floor and there is no lift!
The view however made up for the fact that we had to walk up the stairs!
The rooms are bright and modern with newly renovated bathrooms.
we would certainly stay here again.
55 Euros for two people includes a good breakfast.

Overlooking the lake it was quite and relaxing. the balony provided an extra luxury as we were able to sit and realx at the end of the evening. Waking up to the view in the morning was stunning.
parking is provided.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written February 5, 2006

Pension Herzog

• Kettleman profile photo Kettleman
  • Reviews: 470

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Zell am See Youth Hostel: "Der Sommer, die Sonne und du"

We stayed here in early June 2004. We were on a return leg of a trip to the Czech Republic and I looped back south through Austria to give my wife a chance to see the breathtaking scenery.

We had a double room with en-suite facilities and breakfast for €32.

Our first floor room had a view out over the lake.

The hostel is right on the lake side and has it's own sun terrace and boats.

The picture I took from their website doesn't do it justice as it shows the front and the parked cars! The rear view with the lake is the best feature.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Sailing and Boating, Water Sports, Windsurfing
  • Written June 2, 2005

• Jannacle profile photo Jannacle
  • Reviews: 18

Hotel Zum Metzgerwirt: Hotel Zum Metzgerwirt

This wasa lovely place to stay the Half board was included and the cusine was very good. There was a good selection of both typical Austrian food and Interenational. Everyone was extremely warm and welcoming!

Very nice view from the Terrace, again wonderful meals, and very close to everything. Zell Am See os small but this Hotel is in a good location to walk to most in town attractions.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average