Rogner-Bad Blumau, Hotel, Therme & Spa

coccinella169's Profile Photo

Hundertwasser Spa

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 1, 2008

This 4star hotel is located about 10 minutes by foot from the tiny centre of Bad Blumau. As I mentioned, it was designed by Hundertwasser and therefore it is of an extraordinary, colourful style. When you enter the hotel you might consider being drunk- as the floors are not straight :) As I usually stay at boutique hotels or b&b´s i found it rather huge.

Rooms, which are very spacious, are not that colourful though, and of a rather sparse interieur. They use a lot of wood. My room had the usual amenities, like cable TV, minibar and a safe. The bed was huge and very comfortable, I slept perfectly well there. If you want to surf the net they have internet connection in the lobby. The hotel is connected to the spa, the bathing robes and extra towels you find in your room.

The spa is ok, with huge thermal basins. Tranquility won`t be disturbed, as the children´s area is seperated. I especially liked the Vulcania area, with a super hot thermal basin and a (of course artificial :)) vulcano dome in it. They have several restaurants and cafés, I tried the buffet style restaurat which was variabel regarding quality (best thing were the antipasti and the desserts). I didn`t like it`s atmosphere too much, actually I felt a bit like in the IKEA restaurant. The smaller restaurant, which has a gourmet guide award, was the better choice. Breakfast was really good - they also offer Prosecco there, in case you want to clink glasses already in the morning :) Prices are around EUR 270 per night for the double room, breakfast, dinner and entrance fee to the spa included.

3 Photos of Rogner-Bad Blumau, Hotel, Therme & Spa

Blumau in Steiermark Travel Forum

Need advice about Blumau in Steiermark, Austria? Visit the Travel Forum for Blumau in Steiermark and ask our Answer Gurus.

Blumau in Steiermark Travel Guide