Center Court Sportanlagen

The Kunsthaus at nightThe Kunsthaus at night

View towards MountainsView towards Mountains

Franciscan ChurchFranciscan Church

KunsthausKunsthaus

Where is best place to spend countdown/Silvester??

by Keiko0610

I'm planing to stay in Graz from the end of Dec. to early of Jan. Do you know anyone good place to spend Countdown? or are there any nice nightclub for Silverster?

RE: Where is best place to spend countdown/Silvester??

by Oscar75

I will be there too, with a friend of mine.

I've read something about a big party on several squares ( Hauptplatz, Franziskanerplatz, Bermuda-Dreieck, Mariahilferplatz ) in city center.

I don't know anything about night clubs, cause I have never been there.

If I get more news I will post them.

Anyway, I wish you to have a lot of fun there.

Travel Tips for Graz

Relax and go mad

by Boniek

Graz has everything except the mad sandy beaches of Spain. Daytime has so much to offer with the mountains, shopping and the Clock Tower (feck off if you think I'm gonna try to spell Schlossberg again...oh...I just did).

At night (well, weekends if 2004's experience is anything to go by) the restaurants are fantastic and the bars pump out great vibes and all tastes are catered for. Streetside bars, cellar pubs with jazz...hmmm...nice....!!!!!

But as I said before: DON'T touch the Guinness. The only thanks you'll get will be from the shareholders of Andrex Toilet Paper!! The weather is amazing. The people are fantastic.

Rathausplatz

by croisbeauty

By the time of my visit to Graz, Rathausplatz, the main city square was under major reconstruction works. It is the most popular meeting point of Graz and the best possible place for starting exploring the town.

Arnold Scharzeneger's birthplace

by matcrazy1

Graz advertises as birthplace of super movie star Arnold Scharzeneger. Well, in real Arnold Schwartzeregger was NOT born in Graz, but in Thal, a farmers village about 10 Km northwest of Graz (thank you Eric, edorlas for letting me know).

He is Republican Party candidate for the governor of California (= future president of the USA maybe, like Ronald Reagan before) now = in 2003. Update: he won and he is the governor of California now (2005). Very active man, no doubt about it.

From my friend Judy (JudyinPA) from Pennsylvania:
Arnie can't be President just because he was born and lived here.

Slap n tickle

by Boniek

If you're open minded (as me and Annemarie are) then you might want to try the local sex industry. We stumbled across it (no, really, we found it by accindent) and it's very small. Like Amsterdam in a closet.

But it looked safe and as it was nearby the main drinking area it was not frowned upon that we could see.

Oh just for the record...we only looked!!

A surpise trip in the afternoon.

by dabidc

The lunch over Gertraud took me home so that we could take the car and with Achim driving we headed south to the Vineyards.

It was a warm afternoon and once away from the autobahn we found our way up hills. around bends and through small villages, looking for the ideal vineyard to sample the wines.

We were also looking for Sturm which I took to be new vintage wine. So the afternoon passed pleasantly as we tasted a few wines, ate some hot chestnuts, tried the Sturm.

The border with Slovenia is so close, we could have visited another country at the same time. We toured in the area of Gamlitz,
Leutshach and Schlossberg.