Eggenberger Gurtel 11, Graz, Styria, 8020, Austria

Booking.com hotel.info Tingo.com

• Penelope4's Profile Photo

ideally situated 3-star hotel

The hotel offers good service and facilities at very affordable rates. Considering the hotel rate, one should not expect excessive choices for breakfast. Bread, sausages, boiled egg, cheese and coffee are available.

The staff are quite helpful.

Walking distance from the train station and one can reach the city centre on foot without problems.

Unique Quality: I'd choose this hotel again because of its distance from the train station.

Directions: from the train station, cross the street and walk to the right.

• Great value for money

Stayed here for a night. Nice budget hotel located beside the train station.Clean rooms and nice conntinental breakfast.

Unique Quality: Accidently left all my travel money (£700 in cash) in the room and left the country to slovenia only realising once i'd arrived there. Phoned the hotel up and they sent all my money home to my house. Unbelievable honesty from the staff .This could of totally ruined my whole trip.
    Highly recommend staying here !!

• A2002's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel.

Cheap accommodation is difficult to find in Graz.

This is one of the cheapest hotel that I can find. I paid Eur29,00 for a single room with shared shower and shared toilet. The price include a "buffet" breakfast.

This hotel is about 250m from the nearest tram stop. The tram stop is Eggenberger Gurtel with tram number 1, 6 and 7 from Hauptplatz or Jakominiplatz.

Unique Quality: There's no lift in the hotel, only the stairs. My room was on the second floor, and I was panting when I reach the top floor with my heavy luggage.
    There's shared toilet beside my room which is clean.
    There's a bathroom with a bath, but I guess it is not for use as there's no lights.
    There are two showers which are quite big with comfortable hot shower.
    Towels are provided in the room.
    There's a washhand basin with a mirror in the room.
    There's a radiator in the room, with minimal heating even it is switched on to the maximum... brrr.... It was a cold night.
    The bed was clean and neat with a pillow and a thick blanket.

The "buffet" breakfast consists of a choice of coffee or tea (one helping). There's a plate of neatly laid cheese, one plate of neatly laid ham, and one plate of another type of ham. There's a bowl of yogurt and a bowl of muesli. Jam and butter are provided too. That's all for the "buffet" breakfast. There's a price list on the table for other items.

Directions: Nearest tram stop at Eggenburger Gurtel. At the cross junction, it is along the main road in the opposite direction to the train station (Hauptbahnhof).

More about Hotel Strasser

Journey to Graz - Dec 2003.

by A2002

"How the trip come about???"

Immediately after my trip to the beautiful Croatia, I received an email from Ryanair that there will be free flights from November to 17 December.

I visited Vienna in 1998 and loved it. I wanted to go to Austria this time and found free tickets to Salzburg. Many people have told me that Salzburg is very beautiful and I long to visit this city of music. However, when I made up my mind on the dates, there's no more free tickets to Salzburg. After doing a quick search that there will be a Christmas market in Graz too, I decided to get the tickets to Graz on 13 December for a weekend.

I paid about GBP28 for a return ticket from Stansted Airport.

The flight to Graz was an unforgettable one. As usual, I had a window seat. About 20 minutes before landing at Graz, I saw the alps covered with snow and the low clouds covering parts of the alps, leaving the tip visible. I feel like I am flying in heaven. The scene was very beautiful. I have never seen something like this on a flight before. I cannot help it but took a few pictures.

When I arrived at the airport, after passing through the immigration and collecting my baggage, I headed outside the terminal. The bus (number 631) was there waiting for passengers. I was surprised that it is only a small bus. I paid Eur3,20 and got a 24 hour pass for the public transport in Graz. This bus brought us to Jakominiplatz where the bus station is. I changed to a tram to get to Eggenburger Gurtel, which is the nearest tram stop to the hotel I have booked (Hotel Strasser).
The tram passed through Harrengasse (the main shopping street) and Hauplatz. I can feel the Christmas atmosphere here with all the singing of Christmas carols and busking along Harrengasse. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Comments