Graz Hotels

• Boniek profile photo Boniek
  • Reviews: 70

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

I forget: The Addams Family

In both 1993 and 1994 I stayed with Helga so it was only 2004 when I experienced an Austrian Hotel. We chose the nearest place to the station. Unfortunately I can't recall it's name but if you turn right out of the station, cross over the road, it's the first hotel you come to. There's a hostel a little further on on the right hand side but this place is comfy and cheap.

The rooms are not en-suite but they're a good size, clean and quiet. We got the room for 20yoyos each and the batchroom was right across from us. The only downside was the bloody bathroom was freezing - even in August and it took unitl October for the water to heat up!!! Apart from that it was fine and on a budget I'd recommend it as a little bit of luxury.

The girl that checked us in instantly reminded me of a young Mortisha Addams!! She looked alive because she did move - but very slowly. I assumed the reason she didn't smile was simply because her face had forgotten the correct sequence of muscle movements. But she wasn't all that bad cos we survived the night..!! To be honest I think she "looked down" upon us poor back-packers...feck her!!!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Gay and Lesbian, Budget Travel
  • Written March 29, 2005

• orlikins profile photo orlikins
  • Reviews: 1189

I lived here, hahahahaha :) Partaaaay Central!: My flat!

Very central, only like 10 mins walk from the Hauptplatz. 12th floor, had great view of the Schlossberg and the city centre. Man, I still miss that apartment sometimes, the rent was excellent value and the landlord was friendly.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 12, 2002
Tip Photo

photo from my apartment

• daniwales profile photo daniwales
  • Reviews: 3

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Strategger strabber: Privatpension Strategg hmmmmmmmm

Dont be fooled by the pictures or any info they give you about transport links, the house is not as big as we thought, the famly run house is cold, unwelcoming and vey basic, no kettle etc in room, no shops open after 7pm, the closest shop is over 30 minutes away by bus.....

We arrived at the house at 8.30pm after a 15 hour journey and asked if there was anywhere we could get a drink ( tea, coffee, soft drink) and some food we were told no, although there was a perfectly functioning kitchen on our floor, we had nothing to eat or drink until the following morning :(

transport links re fabulous from there but we were told it was a journey of just 15 minutes that turned out to be 45 minutes, one evening our electric went off but because it was after 10pm they would'nt do anything about it so we sat with tea lights in the dark.......

There is also an unpleasant smell in the hallways that got into our hair and clothes, they wouldnt let us use the radiotors either so we were freezing cold in the nights, I ended up with a chest infection......

Stunning views........

AUSTRIA

Tel.: (0043) 0316/331-0

Fax: (0043) 0316/331-3444

E-Mail: privatklinik@kreuzschwestern-graz.at

Don't know it personally, but as the Barmherzige Schwestern in Mariengasse 6A are often booked out, this is a recommended second choice

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written November 19, 2013

• halikowski profile photo halikowski
  • Reviews: 302

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Exerzitienhaus (Barmherzige Schwestern)

Contact: Barmherzige Schwestern [bhsexerzitien@aon.at]. Anna Gigl is the managing director.

fruit garden all around. High ceilings, roomy.
Cost 39 euros for single room including hearty all-you-can cold breakfast.
Not brand new, but everything good quality.

• Opinion of Price: about average