Kaiserweg 1, Going, 6353, Austria

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

If you can afford to stay here you must be rich

We didn't stay at this hotel, our visit was just a short one. If I won the lottery or had a special occassion to celebrate I could be persuaded to be pampered here. The web site described the furnishings as 'biological' but I do think they mean 'natural' The most expensive time for a stay here is Christmas/New Year when rates rise (for a studio room the cheapest) from 176 euro per person to 305 euro on a half board basis. Maybe when I retire I could have a Christmas treat here - Ah dream on - BTW the 3rd. picture shows the rooms at the back of the hotel they don't look quite as luxurious as the ones at the front.

Unique Quality: I would recommend you check out the web site to see for yourself what is on offer here - leave your sound on the music is wonderful!!

Directions: Walk through the under pass as you leave the village then past the stables then turn right

More about Biohotel Stanglwirt

Stanglwirt Riding Stables

by scottishvisitor

This equestrian centre offers two day courses for experienced and novice riders on Monday - Tuesday or Wednesday - Thursday for two hours each day. The stable is home to the very beautiful Lippizaner horses said to be the oldest classical horse breed in Europe I was surprised to learn that in this tiny place, here there is also Austria's largest privately owned stud farm. I didn't get a photo of the horses
:( the stable was too dark but I did see a cute white horse later on maybe he would like to be a Lippizaner too!

Stanglwirt

by Helga67

It's a family-run hotel/restaurant at the foot of the Wilder Kaiser mountains in Tirol.
There are different traditional rooms in the restaurant, one has a window to the cow stable. It's a relaxing place to eat. There is also a terrace for sunny days, a gift shop and a big parking area with pond (beware of the swans, one is quite angry).

Going am Wilden Kaiser

by Hanau93

"Wilder Kaiser Mountain Range"

We took this pic in March when we were hiking to the Hollenauer Kreuz.The view is simply amazing

Going is a little charming town located at the foot of the Wilde Kaiser mountain range and surrounded by the Kitzbuehler Alps. It is a popular travelling spot for Germans due its proximity to the border. Going is also famous for one of its hotels and restaurants, the Stanglwirt. Celebrities from all over the world flock to this place.. I remember visting it in the early 70's when it wasn't famous yet..
Anyhow, Going has many wonderful hiking trails and mountain climbing can be done as well. For those who like to swim, two lakes are close by : The Hintersteiner See and the Schwarzsee. I will always be in love with this little town..

"Oetzalm"

A nice place of rest on the hike to the Hollenauer Kreuz.

Comments