Igls Hotels

• zadunajska8 profile photo zadunajska8
  • Reviews: 438

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Bon Alpina: Hotel Bon Alpina

During our holiday in Igls we stayed at the excellent Hotel Bon Alpina. We'd booked our holiday through the tour operator Inghams who we have used a few times now to visit different mountain destinations and we've never been in any way disappointed. Fortunately they continued to live up to their excellent reputation with this hotel. The hotel rooms were very clean and serviced daily. The bathrooms were a good size too (which is often something I find is not the case and so I have a bit of a fixation about it!). The public areas of the hotel are pleasant and comfortable and the staff very keen to help and make you welcome. The hotel has obviously been extended quite a bit over the years which shows in the somewhat odd lay out of the ground floor where you have to walk through the restaurant to reach some of the rooms in the newer wings, but I don't really see this as much of a problem. Did I enjoy my stay? Let's put it this way, I'm hoping to go back again for another week!

The best thing about this hotel must be the food. I often find that hotel food is disappointing and even when I've booked a half or full board package I end up going elsewhere to eat several times during my stay, but not at the Hotel Bon Alpina! Every evening the dinner was excellent. There is a salad buffet or soup to start and drinks are brought to your table. There is then a choice of main course (always a vegetarian option and 2 meat dishes) which were different and imaginative every day. The vegetarian options were always proper tasty meals as well, which is often not the case in much of continental Europe. There would then be a dessert. Twice a week the usual dinner arrangements are replaced by a Tyrolean buffet or Italian buffet. On these nights make sure you have skipped lunch and wear loose fitting clothes to dinner as you'll want to try a bit of everything and there is just so much good food on offer. Lunches were also a nice surprise as they actually have a proper selection of meals for lunch rather than just a cold buffet or snacks. Breakfast is a usual continental buffet of high quality.

The other unique selling point of this hotel in my view is it's position. It's so convenient for the buses to Innsbruck (bus J goes from outside the hotel every 15 minutes in both directions for most of the day and evening) and the village parish church is directly opposite and I loved waking up to the beautiful chimes of the church bells in the morning (although I have read some reviews on other websites where people complain bitterly about the same). To me this all helped create the Tyrolean atmosphere.

Google Map