Herzog - Friedrich Str 6, Innsbruck, Tirol, A-6020, Austria

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

An Old Town Gem in Innsbruck

Would I recommend this hotel to someone else? I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Innsbruck who wants to stay in a terrific hotel with historical relevance that wants to be treated like one of the family. Can you tell we liked the hotel?

We stayed in the Hotel Goldener Adler for five nights in early December 2012 while enjoying a Christmas holiday in Austria. The hotel has been around since the 1400's, yet has all the modern amenities without losing any of its historical charm. Our room was spacious, decorated nicely in a cozy alpine style and had a big comfortable bed. The bathroom was large with a tub/shower combination, toilet and bidet. There was plenty of storage space and also space to relax. The room was clean and given the cold weather outside was warm and comfortable inside.

While we loved the room, the staff is really what made our stay here memorable. From the moment we arrived and walked up to the reception area we were treated professionally and were made to feel at home. The staff made sure our room was to our liking, helped us with touring plans, helped with dinner reservations and were friendly and fun. Our lack of german language skills did not hinder us, as the staff gladly spoke to us in English and even helped me along with my pronunciation of German.

We will definitely return here and would highly recommend it to others.

Unique Quality: There were two things that really stood out for us. First was the hotel interior. There were paintings, decorations and other items dating back to the early days of the hotel when many important figures stayed here.

The second was the terrific restaurant at the hotel. It was the place where we had our breakfast each morning (it was included) and we also ate dinner there one evening. Great food, attentive service and reasonable prices.

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Fantastic

I really cannot praise this hotel more highly. It stands in the heart of the old town just a few feet from the famous Goldenes Dachl. We had a junior suite on the second floor with windows to the main and side street. It was modern and comfortable and had the largest spa bath I’ve had in a hotel room. Only oddity was that whilst there was a mini bar it only contained soft drinks – you had to phone down for alcoholic drinks. There was some noise from outside but that is only to be expected from a city centre hotel, and it was the season for Christmas parties!

Breakfast is served in the ground floor front room. It is a buffet affair with plenty of everything and facility to boil your own eggs! You can also take dinner here but we would recommend trying to get a table for the first floor restaurant which is much more atmospheric in the evenings. The food was excellent quality though the service was a little slow. We paid about 50 Euros each for 3 courses with wine…. Not cheap but worth the money.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff. Friendly, helpful, efficient and genuinely interested in their client’s wellbeing not just in the hotel but with regards to transportation and the region.

There is no doubt we will return to this lovely hotel in the future.

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

Hotel Goldener Adler

Best Western hotel Goldener Adler - capacity 60 beds. According to the guide , prices are between 64 and 106 per person for bed and breakfast , 25-35 euro surcharge for double as single use and 15-19 euro for Half board.
    Went there for a job interview. Wages are way too low.
    Other than that - nice house to stay in. Located in the heart of the old town.

Directions: by the Golden Roof turn left - there you are !!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Goldener Adler - where celebrities were living

HotelGoldener Adler is a beautiful building already from outside and it dates back to the year 1450. The beautiful facade was covered for a long time and was accidentally discovered in 1957.

Unique Quality: Most of the celebrities of all centuries were living in this hotel:
    Kaiser Josef II - king Ludwig I of Bavaria - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Fürst Metternich - Andreas Hofer - King Gustav III of Sweden - Nicolo Paganini - Heinrich Heine - Queen Louise of Haiti - Albert Camus - Maria Augusta Trapp - Dr.Otto von Habsburg - John Glenn - Queen Juliana of Netherlands and many more are mentioned on a big sign in front of the hotel.
    This place would be my favorite, in case that I may ever afford it !

Directions: Herzog Friedrich Straße starts at the "Golden Roof" and leads to the river Inn. The hotel is just 50 meters from the "Goldenes Dachl"

• oja's Profile Photo

I was lucky enough to stay for...

I was lucky enough to stay for free (thanks again to the you-know-who!), but if I had enough money and nobody to put me up I'd go to Goldener Adler on Herzog-Friedrich-Str. 6 (in the heart of the Old Town). Why? Because this quaint hotel hosted a long list of celebrities, from Emperor Maximilian I. (yes, the guy with the golden roof) to Sartre and Camus. All their names are carved in the tablet outside. Who knows, maybe one day there will be 'XY, a honourable VT Member' ;-)))

Directions: Herzog-Friedrich-Str. 31 (There was supposed to be a photo, but ... you know what happened:-(((()

• jhawk1000's Profile Photo

I recommend the Goldener...

I recommend the Goldener Adler, now a Best Western hotel. It is right in the middle of the old town. Has a great deal of charm and good food. The help is great and accomodations are clean, romantic and the rooms near the street offer great views of the old town shops.

Unique Quality: Very old and charming.

Comments