Koegele Hotel

More about Innsbruck

Innsbruck Tourist InformationInnsbruck Tourist Information

Hof GartenHof Garten

Stadtturm...Innsbruck,Austria.Stadtturm...Innsbruck,Austria.

Zillertaler Trachtenwelt,Innsbruck,Austria.Zillertaler Trachtenwelt,Innsbruck,Austria.

Price ticket

by omran

Hi friends ,,
Please kindly help me to know the train price ticket from Innsbruck to como in Italy .

by leics

will give you times and fares in English.

by hundwalder

If I were you I would buy a local ticket to Brenner, Austria, take a short walk to Brenero, Italy, then buy a ticket to Como from the vending machine. Rail fares in Italy are less than half of what they are in Austria.

by GyuriFT

The most convenient way would be with a change in Verona using a pair of EC trains. Sample:

Innsbruck Hbf. (09:26) -> Verona Porta Nuova (13:01) with EC-81
Verona Porta Nuova (13:18) -> Como S. Giovanni (16:05) with EC-114

The regular adult price is 56.50 Euro, regardless, do you buy in Austria or Italy: it's so-called "global tarif".

What is truth: if you use local trains only with per-kilometer tariff, than the price in Italy will be significantly less - probably around 30 Euro. The Innsbruck->Brenner with regional train is 6.80 Euro and it's only 37 km.

Travel Tips for Innsbruck

Magical scenery!

by bugalugs

The mountains were still covered in snow as were many of the roads. It also snowed quite a bit while we were there. But it was really beautiful

Innsbruck is the capital of the Tyrol in western Austria, with a population of about 120,000. It is located in the eastern alps and is primarily a winter sports resort which also hosted the Winter Olympics in 1964 and 1976.

The bridge over the River Inn, which gives the city its name made Innsbruck an important point on the trade routes to Germany from Italy and Switzerland.

I remember this bridge so vividly, it was very snowy and icy and crossing it we had to take great care not to land on our bottoms!

Our hotel was situated on the quieter side of the bridge, but we had to cross here in the evenings to get a little light refreshment :) at one or many of the bars! A group of us would go out in the evenings to sample the local brew (more of an exercise than enjoyment) and returning to our hotel we all had to hang onto each other to cross this bridge, each trying to hold up the other! :)) As this holiday was many years ago when my mum was alive, my fondest memory is of course being with her, she was such a 'nutcase' (and I mean that in the nicest sense). She drew people to her, young and old alike and it was such a happy holiday.

Visit the Old city Hall tower...

by Andrew_Vodo

Visit the Old city Hall tower to see the roofs of the old city and the mountains. They are beautiful. They say in Ukraine - The only things that are more beautiful then mountains are mountains that you haven't visited yet.

Climb up from the top of the cable car

by Galahad

There are several cable cars up into the mountains on either side of Innsbruck. At least two have cafes at the top. We walked up from this cable car to a viewing area and from it we could see the mountain deer, called chamois, but I have to admit that I needed the help of other tourists on the top of the mountain to spot them because they blend into their background so well.

Planes above your head

by bugulma

When I had a walking first day in the city I was struck when I saw the landing plane just above my head. But I was in the cwnter of the old town, near of Geolden Dachl!! .The secret is the local airport is very close to the city because the mountains are everywhere. So it's very funny to observe planes' bottom while I was walking around :-)

Flags, banners...

by Nykaenen

Obviously, warm clothes if you come in winter + extra warm socks and sweaters in case you plan to attend the ski jumping competiton because you'll stand still for 4-5 hours. A Finnish flag will guarantee you lot of attention!
Small Austrian flags are distributed for free.

Comments