Fritz Konzert Strasse 7, Innsbruck, A-6020, Austria

Travelocity Booking.com Hotels.com

• Nykaenen's Profile Photo

Pension Zillertal

Pension Zillertal is run by family Pfister who were very helpful (and patient) with our numerous changes of reservation. The location is perfect for ski jumping lovers - halfway between the city center and ski jump hill. After the renovations last summer, prices were raised and if I'm not mistaken, the cheapest room now goes for about 40 Euros per person (we paid 25 before renovations).

• s-e-n-i's Profile Photo

my favourite :-)

It's situated in the south of the city - perfect if you came to Innsbruck for a ski-jumping competition. If you're lucky enough you might even get a room with a brilliant view on the hill!! It consists of 2 buildings and 3 categories so you can choose how comfortable your room will be (and how expensive)
    Anyway, it's hosted by really friendly family and atmosphere is nice.

Unique Quality: Great breakfast!!
    Some rooms have a view on the jumping hill :-)

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Home away from home

The owners have been so friendly to us, that we really felt home. The breakfast buffet was quite good, we especially loved the fresh bread and the eggs! It´s close to the Bergisel, so it was the perfect place for us skijump addicts!

Unique Quality: The room of the B category has been quite big, The bathroom wasn´t, but it was ok. We also had a TV and a balcony...to the loud main street in font of the house. Not the most quiet location, but if you don´t mind this it´s the perfect place to explore Innsbruck. The Oldtown and Bergisel are all in walking distance, but you can also take the tram from here!

Directions: Near Bergisel

• Great accommodation in Innsbruck

Unique Quality: Nice breakfast, large rooms, friendly atmosphere. Parking is available behind the house but it is a bit adventurous at times as the garage is very small and staff of the pension has to drive around cars all the time...

Directions: 15 minute walk to the city centre. The tram no. 1 goes here (Direction: Bergisel), get off at Fritz Konzert Strasse.

More about Pension Zillertal

Great accommodation in Innsbruck

by sabsi about Pension Zillertal

A very friendly family-run pension close to Innsbrucks Bergisel stadium. We had a very large 3 bedded room with a balcony and a very small bathroom. We paid 25€ each (breakfast included) which I think was a very good price. Nice breakfast, large rooms, friendly atmosphere. Parking is available behind the house but it is a bit adventurous at times as the garage is very small and staff of the pension has to drive around cars all the time...

Very nice hotel and with a great view of Innsbruck

by deannatravel about Pension Cafe Alpina

We stayed in this Pension during our stay in Innsbruck. It is up the side os a hill overlooking tha valley and Insbruck. The hotel was very nice, clean and good view. Also there was a terrace were you could have a snack or coffee with that great view. You had to take the tram up to the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay here. View, ambiance, service and the rooms.

Tiroler AbendTiroler Abend

HofburgHofburg

THE GOLDEN ROOFTHE GOLDEN ROOF

The Golden Roof,Old Town,Innsbruck,Austria.The Golden Roof,Old Town,Innsbruck,Austria.

Buying DB-ticket( Bayern) in Innsbruck

by morayaH

HI, I have posted this question earlier on Austria forum, Taking the advise of another VT member,It is perhaps better to post it here instead.

My family and I are taking train from Innsbruck to Bavaria region passing Mittenwald to Garmisch-P. I would like to find out if I can buy Bayern ticket in Innsbruck instead of getting down at Mittenwald. Does anyone know whether there is a DB-ticket automat/DB-ticket counter at Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof?

Warm regards

Re: Buying DB-ticket( Bayern) in Innsbruck

by christine.j

I have bought tickets for travelling within Austria here in Germany at the train station, not from a machine but at the counter. So my guess is it also works the other way around.
The Bavaria ticket,however,is a special Länderticket and I'm not sure if this is available abroad. I think you may have to go to the counter in Innsbruck and ask.

Travel Tips for Innsbruck

Stiftskirche Wilten

by bugulma

Just opposite Basilika Wilten there is Stiftkirch Wilten. It is monastery of St Norbert Order, founded in XII century. The present view church got in 1665 in early baroque style with ceiling painting by Waldmann.

Chess Anyone...?

by reeka

Our horse drawn carriage ride dropped us off by the local park, I cannot remember its name, but as it was such a beautiful day we ventured inside. Actually we could hear music coming from the gardens which enticed us to go in the first place.

As we were following the sound, we came upon a little area where people were playing chess with the 'life' size pieces.

I used to be able to play the game when I was younger, alas, I cannot remember it now.

The picture is a little dark, the chess board is just outside the building were the brass band were playing.

Packing List

by goingplaces

If you visit Innsbruck when I did, mid-March, be prepared for anything. Wear plenty of layers since it WILL be cold, and take an umbrella. Our weather varied from rain to snow--we varied from wet to wetter.

Comments