Hahnenkammstrasse 5, Kitzbuhel, Tirol, 6370, Austria

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Best Western Premier Kaiserhof

INNSBRUCK

by mtncorg

Set along the Inn River between the mighty Karwendelgeberge to the north and the Tuxer Vorberge to the south, Innsbruck has a truly gorgeous setting. The city dates back to 1180 and was a ducal seat for Tyrolia from 1420. Habsburg emperor Maximillan I and empress Maria Theresa played large roles in shaping the city's architecture: Max watched street performers from under the Goldenes Dachl (Golden Roof); Maria expanded and updated the Hofburg (Imperial Palace) though still only a country home to the lady who owned the Schonbrunn in Vienna. There are several museums that can occupy your time here - Hofkirche, Volkskunst Museum, Tiroler Landesmusem Ferdinandeum, Schloss Ambras, Bergisel - plus the Winter Olympic venues from the Games of 1964 and 1976. There are five main ski areas around Innsbruck - Hungerburg, Igls, Mutters, Tulfes and Axamer Lizum - though much better skiing awaits to the west in the Arlberg resorts (St Anton, Lechs, Zur, Ischgl, etc) and to the east (Kitzbuhl, St Johann, Zell am See, etc). The surrounding mountains offer super hiking and climbing opportunites with many mountain huts to utilize.

Kitzbuhl

by RachelChadwick

"Snow"

My stay in Austria was years ago but one of the many memories that has stayed with me is the snow.
It was just like a miniature paper doley so exquisite I didn't want it to melt. Unlike snow in England which is just a blob.

I stayed in the beautiful hamlet of Kitzbuhl. The shops were fantastic so many beautiful clothes, shoes and hair combs - but very expensive.
Went in many cable cars to the tops of mountains but the most memorable was a fantasticly huge glazier we visited.

Fissies new Austria Page

by Frans_Vis

Went there for wintersport last januari (2002)
In kitzbuhl and Kirchberg.

In 2001 I went to zell am See (also wintersport)

Oke my pictures are made by friends and therefore not on my page.

Skiing in Trins/Elsewhere

by P_alldread

Hello, I am looking at going skiing in Early March 2005, and I was considering Trins as a destination.

I have never been skiing before and was wondering if this is a good place for a learner and what the town is like.

I was also wondering about the costs of skiing here, is it good value for money or an expensive tourist trap.

Any other advice about here or any other place in Euyope that's good to Ski in for beginners that is not too much money would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Pete

Re: Skiing in Trins/Elsewhere

by Rhondaj

I found Innsbruck to be a very affordable place to stay and ski--- and there are lots of beginner slopes.

Re: Skiing in Trins/Elsewhere

by debbyt

I learned to snowboard in Andorra. for beginners its great and really cheap - however i went 8 years ago!
i go to kitzbuhl in austria nowadays which is great for snow and nightlife. there is a good variety of accommodation, restaurants etc.

Christmas Alone Tour??

by Jess_g

Hi

I am going to Italy in December to learn italian and over christmas the school shuts down so i need to think of something to do for 2 weeks. I was thinking of maybe a tour as i will be on my own. I am 25 yrs old and would prefer to have some people my age in the tour group. I was thinking of maybe cosmos or trafalgar. I looked at contiki but i think there hotels arent the nicest. I am a bit fussy about hotels and like them decent and clean.

Does anyone know the age range for people on trafalgar or cosmos. Also if anyone has any tips that would be great!! I only have 2 weeks cos I have to get back to Florence to start classes again on the 5th Jan.

Thanks for all your help!

Jess

Re: Christmas Alone Tour??

by winterson

Hi Jess,

Both those tour companies you mentioned are more expensive than contiki so I guess they cater for the more mature crowd - not that I've been on any of them as I hate organized travel! I hear Contiki is a bit boozy, partying etc so the accommodation may not matter too much - but I understand what you are saying as I like my comforts too.

A couple suggestions if you don't want to go on an organized tour:

Learn to ski in Austria - your two weeks could be spent up in the snow. You can book packages (pauschalen) and I know from personal experience you soon won't be on your own especially if taking lessons. The drawback is that it can be a bit expensive. Check it out on: www.austria.info/ I like Kitzbuhl or St Anton or Lech but there are many resorts. You can take in the Christmas markets as well!

Secondly have a look at Cruising down the Danube - it might suit? Globus does a Christmas cruise, I think, but again the age of participants may not be too your liking.

Hope this helps a little
John

Planning help

by christopher955i

Was intrested in some input on my trip, The problem I have is that my friend whom which was going to take this trip with has started a new job and unable to join me. I have boughten my ticket already so unfourtunatly it appears I am traveling by myself.
I had no plans as that is what my friend was going to do since he had been to europe twice and i Have never been.
ANY ideas will be plenty helpful.
I arrive in Frankfurt on the 15th of September and leave the 30th.
Thanks

by Mahieu

If you don't have any idea at all and you're willing to leave Germany, I would suggest you spend 15 days in Italy: Venice, Rome, Firenze, Milan and your days will be over in no time.
Enjoy!

Re: Re: Planning help

by christopher955i

very interesting, my buddy that cannot make the trip has been telling me that Italy is the place to go, I am just apprehensive since it seems far away and possibly expensive? and I am more familiar with the German language.
thanks

Re: Re: Planning help

by leffe3

Mahieu's suggestions were exactly mine (well, almost :)).
Train with stopovers:_
Frankfurt-Munich-Innsbruck-Verona-Venice-Florence-Milan - Frankfurt.
German is fine for (obviously ;)) Germany and Austria. Italy will be cheaper than Germany and Austria.
Best thing is not to try and do too much in the 2 weeks.

Enjoy and good luck!

by bkoon

I agree that you should maybe tour Germany and maybe Austria. As there is nothing much in Frankfurt, I suggest you head down to Munich in Bavaria. A very very nice place. Then, go towards Austria and enjoy the sound of music, etc etc.

In Germany, remember to visit Munich.

by delcity

head for italy if you see all of italy you wish to see in less than two weeks . see if you can find a low cost flight to turkey or some place in czech republic or to budapest or bukarest.

by Mytotti

Hi,

As everbody already tell you Italy is the place to be! But besides that I suggest you go to Austria. Since you think you are more familiar with the language. Salzburg, Kitzbuhl etc. there are so many places you can visit.

My, Sweden