Griesenauweg 26, Kitzbuhel, Tirol, A 6370, Austria

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Kitzbühel

Kitzbühler Horn seen from SchwarzseeKitzbühler Horn seen from Schwarzsee

Cows above KitzbulCows above Kitzbul

Cocktail reception at the barCocktail reception at the bar

Kitzbuehel center - bike mapKitzbuehel center - bike map

Weather

by Ash59

Can anyone tell me what the weather is normally like in the first week of May? I know that the snow is supposed to end around the end of April but will it still be laying in the valleys at this time or will they be clear-ish?

Thanks for any replies

Andy

Re: Weather

by PeteNL

Hi Andy,

generally the snow should all be gone in the valleys, though around 2000m and above there may still be enough. There are always exceptions though...
Actually, we also had snow lower down in mid June, but it was gone after a day, so May should not be much different. And last year I heard the temperature was already above 25 C by mid May.
We'll have a look soon, and may report back our experiences!

Have a nice trip, P.

Travel Tips for Kitzbühel

Kitzbuhel

by sandysmith

Kitzbühel is set within spectacular landscape at the western end of Tirol and is sandwiched between the striking 2,000 metre-high Kitzbüheler Horn and the Hahnenkamm. The town itself is fairly large, with a pedestrianised centre, two churches and a railway station providing good transport links to other areas of Austria. This was a view of Kitzbuhel we had on the way down from the Hahnenkamm.

Aurach Wildpak

by sandysmith

Aurach is situated in the south of Kitzbühel (4 km) right in the middle of the Kitzbüheler Alps. Here there is Aurach Wildpark with a small alpine zoo. Its a pleasant half day to hike up here from kitzbuhel and to visit the animals here.

St. Johann in Tirol, Austria

by GermanCaymanFan

"Beautiful Tirol"

Well, unfortunately, I did not own a digital camera when I lived in Tirol, so I don´t have a photo to share. But I do want to share that this was the most beautiful place on the face of this earth where I ever lived. And actually, I lived in St. Johann in Tirol, about 10 km away from Kitzbühel. Kitz is very glitzy and glamorous, St. Jo is much more laid back and situated in a nice wide valley, surrounded by some of the most beautiful Austrian mountains. When I looked out of my window, I saw the Wilder Kaiser on one side, the Kitzbüheler Horn on the other, and the Kitzbüheler Alps right in the middle. Unfortunately, my job did not work out the way I had hoped so I did not get to live there for very long, but it´s certainly an experience I will treasure forever!

If you are ever in Austria, in Tirol, make sure you visit St. Johann in Tirol!

Comments