Hotel Erika

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 4 star hotels

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

Good value

Please note I stayed here in 1994 - things might have changed in the meantime.

It was mid March, low season for skiing, and I saw an ad by this hotel on TV videotext (yep, back then it was on TV, not internet!), 550 DM for a week incl. half-board. Called right away (Thursday) and was assured that they had a room from Saturday on. However, when we showed up there they wanted to accommodate us at their dependancy, a small inn far outside the town at Reschen pass. No way! After some arguing forth and back they relented and gave us a junior suite to the back, view of the castle (pic 2). Yeah!

The hotel is located on the busy main road to Reschen pass/Italy, thus not exactly quiet (traffic!) One more reason to be happy about a room to the back. The junior suite was spacious, nicely furbished, with everything you'd expect from a four-star hotel. Spotless clean, too. They have a nice indoor pool/sauna area, the food was pretty good (four-course dinner with choices). Service was good, friendly even after the initial arguing. Nice lobby/bar area with open fireplace. Free parking.

The downside for the skier is that the ski bus stops here only on the trip into town, not out to the skiing area. This means you must do the whole loop through the town with several stops before you finally end up at the lifts, which takes an endless time. The plus is that you have a guaranteed seat :-)

More about Nauders

Naudersberg castleNaudersberg castle

Graveyard of Nauders / Tirol / AustriaGraveyard of Nauders / Tirol / Austria

Traktor bar atmosphereTraktor bar atmosphere

Nauders impressionsNauders impressions

Travel Tips for Nauders

Slopes map

by desert_princess

Here is a map of the skiing area of Nauders( I love maps ) . With the same pass you can go in the ski areas of in Schoneben / Italy and St.Valentin/ Italy. A Ski bus that will pick you at the bottom of the gondola in Nauders will take you there.

Hellp I have two cows on the lift behind me!!!

by desert_princess

Hellp I have two cows on the lift behind me!!!
As I was going up for the night ski show at the Larchenalm ,I looked down at my feet ,and........ohhhh what a horror !!! There were two cows at the chair behind me!!! I wonder if I will be fast enough while descending to not have them run over me ...

SLASH

"SLASH"

Slash ,It was great knowing you. You promised you'll visit me in Ischgl - maybe next winter.....I'll show you around all the fine places :)))
Und nein , so hasslich bist du gar nicht ,aber dieses foto finde ich steht dir am bestens :)))) Ausserdem , ich hab keine gscheite foto von dir....:(((
Und du magst kameras sowieso nicht.....

Comments