Unterstrass 253, Obsteig, 6416, Austria

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Trekki's Profile Photo

A nice hotel to rest before Fernpaß

When I came back from middle Italy in June 2010, I didn't want to drive up across Fernpaß at dawn and was looking for a place to rest. Hotel Stern was located just off the main road to Fernpaß and since it had a nice and very shady garden AND had the famous Schlutzkrapfen on their menu, I decided to stay.

Hotel Stern is a family hotel with many offers for families with kids. This can make it a bit noisy during the typical holiday times but early June it was rather quiet. I liked my stay, the room was big (double bed = two beds together), separate toilet and ensuite bathroom (shower and tub) and a small balcony with a nice view to the west and the mountains.

Breakfast: very big variety with cold cuts, marmelade, milk, orance juice, bread and rolls, yoghurt, coffee, tea, all you would wish for. Continental type though.

Price in early June 2010: 50 Euro, including breakfast.

Unique Quality: I loved their garden with huge chestnut trees. It was a warm evening and that's why I have decided to eat outside. The Schlutzkrapfen were excellent and a nice way to end my Italy trip. Schlutzkrapfen are famous for northern Italy and Austria. I paid 12 Euro for Schlutzkrapfen, 0,5 l of apple juice mixed with water and an espresso.

Directions:
    From A12/E60 (motorway between Innsbruck and Bregenz) leave at Mötz and drive to the north. Turn left (west) at the small village of Fronhausen/Krebsbach into regional road 189. Fernpaß will be signposted. Obsteig is the next village. Hotel Stern is located on the right (north of the street).

Landhotel Stern on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., March 2011.