Ferienhotel Mosererhof

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Seefeld in Tirol

HotelHotel

pizza pazza,seefeld in tirolpizza pazza,seefeld in tirol

the seekirchl,seefeldthe seekirchl,seefeld

Seefelder SpitzeSeefelder Spitze

Whch ski resort, Seefeld or Neustift?

by babypuffolina

Hi,
i`m travelling to Austria on the 20th january-29th january, with my husband and daughter. We`re flying to munich airport, and planning on staying 7 nights in a ski resort and 2 back in munich so not to have to travel for hours to get back to the airport the day we are leaving.I`ve been advised Seefeld and Neustift, but i`m confused between the 2. We`re a young family i`m just gone 26, my husband is 31 and our daughter is 6 so we`re looking for a nice family resort with plenty to do as we are not skiers, (but will probably give it a go), nice shops, good pubs, plenty of snow in the village, so that we don`t end up being bored. I was very interested in St. Anton but was advised not to go as it wouldn`t be suitable for families because it`s too lively. as i said we don`t mind livelyness as long as it`s not unsuitable to bring a child.
Has anybody got any good suggestions? Another option i was told to take is to wait last minute to see if there will be snow at resorts like Kitzbuhel or Zell am See. Kitzbuhel would be ideal for us but i`m afraid there won`t be snow!
Thanks!

by Maurizioago

Seefeld has lots of cafes, restaurants and accomodations. It isn't far from Innsbruck, so that you can visit that beautiful city.

by qaminari

I don't know Neustifft but Seefeld is definitely suitable, in my opinion much more so in your circumstances than Kitzbühel.

by stellamia

YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THE SNOW!
I can only give you one advice . as a ski-instructor- leave your expetations at home or in Utah. I have seen snow here and there but never expect it, be prepared for it. That is the case here. All the winter skiing locations will be prepared for everyone who wants to ski up to perfection! Go to Kitzbühel, everybody will be waiting for you - I mean it - and they need the Dollars!
Stellamia,

by delcity

snow at certain resorts at a certain time of the year is not a sure thing now like it was 20 years ago. i would look at the resorts that have snow cannons.
you do not have to make room reservations. but i would try to make room reservations near one if not at one.
you can check out my page for some information on the resorts that my family used from 1955 to 1995. and what they where like in 2005 according to several ski resort reviews.

by Kakapo2

Neustift is a very nice place and next to Stubaier Gletscher - the Stubai glacier. The glacier is Austria's biggest glacier ski resort, so has safe snow, plenty of lifts. The Stubai Valley (Stubaital) also has lots of facilities for tobogganing which is wonderful for children AND grown-ups, just do not crash into the rocks LOL I have been there many times, and even in times of little snowfall you will always have snow on the glacier. They also offer a lot of other activities, for example "jeeping" (4WD tours in the mountains, rustic meals at alpine farm houses), horseback riding tours, etc.

Travel Tips for Seefeld in Tirol

Eisstockschießen

by tini58de

When in Seefeld, do try Eisstockschießen!
It is a mixture of curling and boccia and is a lot of fun! You can get it all at the Eislaufhalle. But since it is played outside - do wear warm clothes and shoes!!!

SEEFELD!

by Kajron

I thought this is the first time for me in Tirol, the central heart of Austrian Alps, but here anyone speaks Italian!

Wonderful place, a nice lake and during summer there is wonderful feasts and the one of the candles, all the town is lighted by thousands of candles and lights and at the end fireworks at the lake, in the meanwhiles Austrian music and dancers around the town!

Comments