Walchsee Hotels

• 8Bloem profile photo 8Bloem
  • Reviews: 22

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gasthof Alpenhof: Great Value Guest House

Having booked the cheapest skiing holiday in the brochure, my friend and I did not expect much. But we got quite a lot. This hotel is beautifully situated, right on a 'training mountain' with easy skiruns, so great for families. There's a skibus into Kössen that stops right outside the hotel, or catch one of the more frequent normal buses to Kössen town, and change for a skibus. Kössen has a great ski area, with all kinds of lifts and runs. If you've got a car, you could go to Kitzbuhl or St Joseph, both are about 30 minutes away.

There are playrooms downstairs, and a skiroom where you can put away your skis. Rooms all have bathrooms and a balcony. The dining area is spacious, and there's a nice bar. Staff speak German, English, Italian and French. There's a small souvenir store across the road, aswell as a ski rental place.

The travel company got our reservation wrong: instead of two single rooms they had booked us into one double room. When we got there and the mixup became clear, there were no single rooms available anymore. So we both got a double room, at no extra cost! Even when single rooms became available later, we could stay in our doubles. Later taht week, when I lost my sunglasses, the owner lend me her own sunglasses for the day, so I could buy new ones. Now that's what I call service!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Skiing and Boarding
  • Written October 20, 2004
Tip Photo

Taken from the guesthouse website: this is it!

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful