Au Hotels

Our Members Say

• FilippoBracci profile photo FilippoBracci
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gasthof Hubertus: Avoid to go there if you are not german!

We made a reservation for 6 nights at Gasthof Hubertus at AU in Bregenzwald in Austria in January. Before make this reservation I made myself clear to ask to the management of this hotel if there were a wireless service because I need it for my job, even I am on holidays.
They answer they had it (I have their emails that prove it!) and that it usually works in the restaurant, so i made the reservation.
At our arrival we immediately realize that it wasn't true. So we ask if there a possibility to solve this problem, as they told us via email that the service was available. At this point we saw that the property Fam. Simma was quite upset and they became very serious. They called another guest of the hotels because they couldn't speak any words of English. So after many test we understand that the service didn't exists!!!
The worst things that I want to underline is not the problem for the service unavailable but the response and behaviour of the management that became very unfriendly and serious with us. Never a smile! They never show us a way to solve the problem, at all!!!
At this point we decide to leave this hotel and go another place immediately, we didn't want to stay anymore with this unfriendly people like them.
For the other things, the bedrooms had a very standard level nothing special. The hotels is located on the main road of Bregenzwald and in front of a river, so in the morning it is noisy because of the traffic and also you can hear the river.
The other problem was that nobody of property does not speak a word of English. It seems that they are not interested at all in foreign tourism. In fact in all the area you can only see cars from Germany. No other cars from different nationality we saw in the area in the hole week.
Our suggestion is not to go there if you are not German, because in case of problems nobody can understand you and help you becoming very unfriendly.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Skiing and Boarding
  • Written January 14, 2008