Bregenz Youth Hostel

Mehrerauerstrasse 3-5, Bregenz, Vorarlberg, A-6900, Austria

• Peterodl's Profile Photo

Bregenz Hostel

I got to the hostel and checked into room 114. I booked a "private double ensuite" but the private bathroom was nextdoor to the room. I was required to exit my room, go into the hallway and enter another door to enter my "private" bathroom, which was in fact the hallway bathroom with a "Privat Zimmer 114" sticker posted over the WC sign.
    The room I had was pretty nice. The beds were pretty comfortable and the pillows were nice. I couldn't really complain about anything in the room. There is no television in the rooms but there is a television in a room at the end of the hallway on each floor.
    I took advantage of the hostel's laundry services for 5.50 Euros but after 1 1/2 hours, I discovered that the front desk person I handed my clothing to had forgotten to do anything. 3 1/2 hours later I mananaged to collect my clothing after another delay of the front desk forgetting about my clothing again and not placing it in a dryer.
    Other than that I really had no troubles with the staff who were helpful to any troubles I had.
    There is internet available for about 1.50 euros/10 mins. and a bar with snacks available. The breakfast is average fare for hostels....cereals, meats, yogurt, rolls, coffee...good for filling up for exploration.
    I would go back to the Bregenz hostel in the future and would recommend it to friends traveling to the area. The location is quiet and right across from tennis courts and the festival house/open-air stage with a 5-10 min. walk down the promenade to the town.

Directions: From the train station platforms, take the escalator up to the crosswalk, turn RIGHT and go down the spiral walking ramp that ends at a playground. Turn LEFT through the parking lots of the hotels for 3-5min. Hostel across street from tennis courts.

Comments