Holiday Inn Feldkirch

More about Feldkirch

WasserturmWasserturm

Landeskonservatorium fur VorarlbergLandeskonservatorium fur Vorarlberg

SchmiedgasseSchmiedgasse

cross country skiingcross country skiing

Travel Tips for Feldkirch

Best Info site for Feldkirch events

by iris2002

Fascinating Town Near the River Ill - Montfort town as a medieval jewel

With its historical centre stretching back over 700 years, past centuries come alive while walking down Feldkirch's small alleys and arcades.

Austria's westernmost town not only has a romantic old quarter and many sites for visitors interested in cultural history. It also offers many different and attractive holiday opportunities.

The picturesque medieval town, its favourable location near the borders with Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Germany, the bewitching landscapes of the area between Lake Constance and the three-thousand-metre mountains of the East and West Alps.

This is what makes Feldkirch so special. > find out more Well a looooong time ago I lived there briefly with my ex-partner.... I love the people as they are a real party bunch and have a very active social calendar --- plus, their accent is just sooooo cute (but for most non-understandable)....

All in all the town offers a great variety of arts, music and culture, and is generally one of the YOUNG cities in Austria as there are lots of good universities in the vicinity.

Feldkirch and the county are a real 4-seasons area - and you won't get bored sitting on your bum there!! :D

Diesel is about 20% less in Austria,

by globetrott

Almost any goods are in general a lot more expensive in Switzerland than in Austria ! And so it really makes sense to fill up the tank of your DIESEL-car latest in Feldkirch, Diesel is about 20% cheaper in Austria, while gasoline is a bit cheaper in Switzerland than in Austria ! In nearby Germany Diesel and Gasoline are both more expensive than in Austria.
The higher price-level applies also for the supermarkets, maybe with the exception of Swiss Cheese, thats a bit cheaper in Switzerland than in Austria.

Feldkirch

by cptgulliver

I first went to Feldkirch back in 1998 when I visited Lithtenstien.

I feel in love with the city and found the people to be very lovely.

There is a big castle on the hill.

I met a friend there in 1999. She invited me to meet her family, etc...

She took me to see the sights and introduced me to different places of historical interest.

It is a midevil village from the 800's.

My daughter was born there in 2003.

She was baptised in the same castle on the hill I mentioned in Chapter 1.

In my heart Feldkirch is the bost beautiful place in the world.

Feldkirch- Bordertown to Liechtenstein

by Hanau93

"Bea in Feldkirch"

We took a bus from Schaan ( Liechtenstein) to Feldkirch. It was very interesting to see the difference between the 2 countries when it came to dialects. Liechtenstein speaks the Schwyzwer Duetsch whereas the Austrian German sounded so much different.Well, a bit easier for us to understand.. We spent most of the day in Feldkirch and had a great dinner..We were lucky enough to be able to hitch hike back with some Liechtensteiners. Back then it was the safest place to hitchhike in..We only met very decent, helpful people.

"Schattenburg"

The style of this castle is similar to the ones we saw in Liechtenstein. Very nice..

"The Flags and Bea"

In the middle of a plaza with the Liechtensteiner Flag and the Italian one to the right..

Welcome to my Feldkirch travel page !!

by fashionapple

I had wonderful time in Feldkirch even though it was a short trip of few hours. I went to this beautiful town in September 2004 ( during my second trip to Switzerland).

I along with my friends took this road trip from Switzerland to Liechtenstein and then onwards to Austria where we stopped at peaceful and beautiful Feldkirch. I would love to visit this beautiful town again soon!

Comments