3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Feldkirch

KatzenturmKatzenturm

Schattenberg courtyardSchattenberg courtyard

The Wasserturm - part of the old city wallThe Wasserturm - part of the old city wall

Feldkirch Christmas MarketFeldkirch Christmas Market

Travel Tips for Feldkirch

The Silvreta Nova Skiing area...

by JoteN

The Silvreta Nova Skiing area is a rather modest area for beginners to intermediates. The Pistes are rather easy to take. They have mostly chairlifts and cabins.
People are very friendly with a good sense of humor. The view from the topmost point with a bright cloudless sky over the hilltops.

Cross country skiing extravaganza

by iris2002

Cross country skiing is called "LANGLAUFEN" in Austria.

In the area of Feldkirch there are many good tracks to get out there - don't break a leg - and still enjoy a day on the flat slopes.

6 tracks, about 60 km in the parts Altenstadt and Nofels

Information at the tourist board

+43 5522 73467, email: tourismus@wtg.feldkirch.com Cross country skiing equipment

Transferring through Feldkirch

by SurfaceTravel

To be honest, this page is here mainly to keep my country count accurate. Feldkirch was one stop in a weekend trip going right around Bodensee (Lake Constance). Click the Europe page for details.

I arrived by "postbus" from Vaduz via Schaan in Liechtenstein, walked around a bit and bought some food, and left by train for Lindau in Germany.

My Brief Moment in Feldkirch

by mydreamquest

"The Western Most City in Austria"

After my 2 hour sojourn in Liechtenstein, I drove back into Austria on my way to Klagenfurt. Bordering Switzerland, Feldkirch is an old city that is pretty much typical of the other smaller Austrian cities.

However, there was this old looking wind mill like old cobblestone builiding. That's about all I can tell you about this city.

Feldkirch

by frambou

I was in Feldkirch in February 2001. I have a friend living there and the main goal of the trip was to tell him Hello! Still, we did few things together an i really enjoyed my time there.

It was the time of Karnaval. We went to a bal all costumed. Actually, only women were costumed and would wear a mask untill midgnight. Guys were all well dressed and their goal, during that night, is to serves the women... i found it strange but funny.

There also was a Karnaval parade that i assisted. I was siting in a window when a witch passed by and took me off. HAHA!! The witche ran throught the streets carying me on its shoulder for a long distance! I was so surprised. It was a very funy parade, with a lot of cars and a lot of costums.

After the parade, my friend took me for a car ride in the mountains. It was beautyfull. All the sites... behing so hight and watching so fare!

I also went for a dinner in the castle of the town. The meal was good. I had a traditonal (i forgot the name!!) ... It was paned porc and it was good.

One night, i assisted a the 'fanfare' show. There was fanfares from all around (also some people from Switzerland where down... it's not very fare) and i enjoyed Gl├╝wein and music for a moment.

People in Feldkirch are very nice!!

Comments