Wald am Arlberg, 6752, Austria
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Wald am Arlberg

Greggor Falling through the snow..taking pictures.Greggor Falling through the snow..taking pictures.

Along the highway,Wald am Arlberg,Austria...Along the highway,Wald am Arlberg,Austria...

Andy...another stop for pictures..and NO frowning!Andy...another stop for pictures..and NO frowning!

Travel Tips for Wald am Arlberg

On a Mission....Driving through....

by Greggor58

"On our Way to Samnaun......"

The MISSION.....drive from Plaffeien ....close to Bern in Switzerland....to Samnaun....just inside the Swiss border of Tirol or Tyrol....in Western Austria,a Region steeped in a unique history and culture.

We chose to drive this route in order to be able to visit with Andrea's parents who live in a small Village called Tosens in Tirol...not too far from our destination in the mountains.

We drove from Bern through Zurich to the Austrian border somewhere after Rorschacherberg or St Gallen....I am in fact not sure of the towns name where we crossed into Austria.....we simply slowed down at the border and we drove on through...This was such a STRANGE feeling...not being asked a BILLION questions by Border Police...as is my experience driving into Fortress America from Canada...Crossing into Austria was such a NON-event!

We ended up driving then eventually through the Arlberg pass along highway A14 and S16 through Dalaas and St Anton...towards Innsbruck....we turned off at Highway 180 towards Pfunds....and eventually another turn UP the mountain road to Samnaun...

"The First Tunnel...."

Im not sure at what point that it happened but soon after crossing into Austria we started seeing snow capped mountains.....and I was in awe!

I used to live in British Columbia and I LOVED being amongst the mountains...I often get to BC for a ski thing over the Winter months but its been a while because of one reason or another....so seeing these mountains I was feeling like I was back where I was supposed to be again...I felt like a kid in a candy shop!Every corner the road took there was another picture waiting to be taken...and Andy obliged me and stopped more than he would have wanted to otherwise...

"Mountains and SCENERY along the way...."

We didnt really stop except to allow me to take pictures....but we drove into Tirol or Tyrol throught towns called St Anton and St Christoph...at one point we stopped and I climbed up on a snow bank....to shoot some pics....eventually I fell through up to my knees and ended up getting my feet wet!

Comments