Am Lerchenfeld Hotel

Hernalser Guertel 5, Vienna, Vienna, A-1170, Austria

Satisfaction Terrible

• Vienna's Worst Nightmare Hotel

Do not go to this hotel unless you are into a bad experience with Austria! After making a reservation for a weekend stay at Am Lerchenfeld Vienna I realized that I did not upfront announce my late check in (22.00). When I called the hotel at the day of departure at 18.00, a few hours before our flight was departing, it appeared that the hotel was open till 21.00. Despite the fact I called them in a very polite way and that I was speaking German, to my astonishment the owner reacted in complete anger and hostile way and he was extremely rude. How stupid I was and that it’s my own fault and that in no way they wanted to wait or for another solution. After 21.00 no check-in possible (too much work for any other solution) I could try it before that time or the next day. All this despite my pleads and polite request for help. Anyway, after cancellation I was forced to pay the complete period of reservation (please check the details of the agreement!!) without seeing any hotelroom yet, and a few hours before departure I had to find a new hotelroom. On top of that a bad start of the trip and bad experience and impression richer. I was not only touched by the inflexibility of the owners but moreover by the exceptional unfriendly, harsh and rude treatment and words of the owners!

• Vienna's Worst Nightmare

Do not go here unless you are into a bad experience with Austria! After making a reservation for a weekend stay at Am Lerchenfeld Vienna I realized that I did not upfront announce my late check in (22.00). When I called the hotel at the day of departure at 18.00, a few hours before our flight was departing, it appeared that the hotel was open till 21.00. Despite the fact I called them in a very polite way and that I was speaking German, to my astonishment the owner reacted in complete anger and hostile way and he was extremely rude. How stupid I was and that it’s my own fault and that in no way they wanted to wait or for another solution. After 21.00 no check-in possible (too much work for any other solution) I could try it before that time or the next day. All this despite my pleads and polite request for help. Anyway, after cancellation I was forced to pay the complete period of reservation (please check the details of the agreement!!) without seeing any hotelroom yet, and a few hours before departure I had to find a new hotelroom. On top of that a bad start of the trip and bad experience and impression richer. I was not only touched by the inflexibility of the owners but moreover by the exceptional unfriendly, harsh and rude treatment and words of the owners!

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

The White Hotel

Our room was spacious and has its own bathroom, although the water closet is communal.

The hotel is located very near to a train station. The only hassle was, we were bothered by the noise of the trains. Hence we cannot sleep earlier than 11pm and already awake by 5am.

Well, on second thoughts, that wasn't really bad for tourists who were eager to see so much of Vienna.

Unique Quality: A good deed by our landlady, she gave us a duplicate key to the main door. Thus we can come and go anytime.

Directions: From Westbahnhof, take U6 to Josefstadter Strasse, less than five minutes walk from the station.

Comments