Aviano Pension

Pension Aviano
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• MJB123's Profile Photo

Next door neighbors to the Hapsburgs

I was so lucky to get a room so affordable and in a perfect location. Pension Aviano is on a street just off the Katner Strasse and is so near the Hopburg it is amazing this place is so cheap.

Unique Quality: My room had a chandaler--need I say more.

• Erin09340's Profile Photo

Really nice place to stay

We really enjoyed our stay here. The bed was big and fluffy. The room was large and kind of shabby-chic-ornate. The windows were double paned, so it was quiet. The breakfast was delicious and filling. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. All in all, the only negative was the bathroom. It was on the small side, but with plenty of hot water and pressure.

Unique Quality: This hotel was really hard to find. We drove to Vienna and found navigating the city to be a challenge. You wouldn't think so, what with the ring around the old part, but we had a devil of a time finding the entrance to the parking garage near the hotel. We eventually gave up, parked where we could, and walked. My parents ended up standing on the corner of where we were supposed to turn, so that we could see them and find our entrance.

Directions: Kind of near the opera house and just off the pedestrian shopping street. Marco d'Avianogasse is probably the smallest street in Vienna, so you might have to hunt for this place.

More about Aviano Pension

Pension Aviano v/s Pension Dr. Geissler

by jkb

Hi, will be in Vienna for a couple of nights in Vienna. Am planning to stay (with family - wife & 2 kids)in one of the captioned hotels - Aviano or Dr. Gressler. Both look pretty good on the web and are about the same price. Has anyone stayed in these hotels and if so would you have a view either way (good or bad). Would like to hear them before I confirm.

Thanks...JK

RE: Pension Aviano v/s Pension Dr. Geissler

by Roley

For starters I haven't stayed in either of these two pensions but I would venture an opinion that Aviano has a far better location of the two, since it is right on the Karntnerstrasse in the centre whereas Geissler is down near the Schwedenplatz - still pretty central but not bang in the middle like Aviano. The other thing that would incline me to Aviano is that is run by the Pertschy family and I stay frequently at their other pensions (Pertschy & Christina) and have been very happy with their consistently high standard of service. Their pensions would always be my first choice when looking for a place to stay in Vienna.

According to their respective websites Aviano is 4 * and Geissler 3 * so if they are offering the same price I think Aviano is the better bargain of the two.

Hope that helps!