Muehlgasse 6, Vienna, 1040, Austria
Booking.com

More about Vienna

Dying in styleDying in style

Palais Ferstel, Vienna, ATPalais Ferstel, Vienna, AT

Kirche am Hof, Vienna, ATKirche am Hof, Vienna, AT

Playing King Kong at HofburgPlaying King Kong at Hofburg

Vienna opera ticket

by obaachan

I will be in Vienna from 17th to 24th of March. I am interested in attending operas. I think I am too late for the one I really wanted to see (L Elisir D Amore) for the 22nd because Vienna ticket site indicates "no seat available". I guess it's because of the leading tenor Rolando Villazon. I will try standing room for this one. I also would like to see "Carmen" at Vienna Folksoper. If possible I'd like to get a reduced ticket for seniors. In order to do so do I have to get a ticket at the ticket office when I get to Vienna or should I go ahead and get the ticket on internet now at the regular price? I'll appreciate anybody's input. Thank you.

by Kathrin_E

Just a rough guess... Getting standing room tickets for a performance with Rolando Villazon will most probably require standing in line from about 6 a.m. in the morning. Not exactly my idea of a fun day in Vienna. Depends if it's worth the effort to you.

by TheWanderingCamel

We've always managed to get tickets for the Volksoper on arrival in Vienna, but have been prepared to be flexible with what we're seeing and the date. I'd bite the bullet and get my ticket now if you're set on a particular performance.

by Lurchizo

I was there in May and if it is a good show the tickets sell out fast. They have standing room tickets and you will have to start in the line up at sunrise on one side of the opera house and wait all day for tickets. Most people bring lawn chairs and food coolers for the wait. The scalpers generally are located on the other side of the opera house and tend to have tickets but my guess is you are going to pay big money.

by obaachan

Thank you all. I am NOT going to wait in line for a standing room in March even for Lolando. I am going to get a ticket online now.

by globetrott

Believe me,NOBODY will have food coolers in end of march in Vienna, but rather hot coffee and maybe Gl├╝hwein, wile queuing for tickets !!
:-)

Travel Tips for Vienna

Stephansdom

by Zo72

Stephansdom is cathedral situated in the very city centre at Stephansplatz. It is beautiful and huge church, the biggest I have been to. Otherwise there are many beautiful churches in Vienna which makes this city great place for me since i love to visit churches and religious objects.

Stephansdom is open every day until 21 and it is certainly worth seeing. There are tombs of Habsburgs in the basement and stairs to church tower (both for admission). Sometimes there are organ concerts held around 19 or 20 in the church which I recommend. I was amazed by its beauty and size when I reached Vienna centre by U-bahn (subway train) for the first time. Stairs from Stephanplatz bring you directly in front of Stephansdom and when you look up you are shocked. At least I was.

Hofburg palace

by Sarita76

Also known as the Royal Castle, the palace has been the residence of Austria's ruling family since the 13th century. Since 1918, has served various purposes under the Republic of Austria, and is today the president's official seat.

City centre

by Zo72

City centre of Vienna is area surrounded with so called Ring, circle of roads around the very heart of the city. For me it is a beautiful place with many roads, squares, churches and special places. Main pedestrian zone in this area consists of Kaertner strasse, Stephansplatz and Graben, but there are many other places worth visiting. It is also interesting to take tram 1 or 2 that are riding around the ring. Waliking around the city centre is something I like to do. Some places are special during the day while others are great during the night.

I only don't like how it looks on Saturday night.

Palais Kinsky - Freyung

by yooperprof

The beautiful facade of the Palais Kinsky typifies the sumptious Baroque which defines so much of inner Vienna. It looks wonderful on a hot summer day - of which there are plenty in Vienna!! It really made me think of Vienna as being a "Southern European" city as much as a "Central European" one.

Vienna nights

by NunoF

I really don't know if it was because the cold weather or if these guys doesn't like to be out, but when I was there I could hardly find someone from 19h00 walking on the streets.

We were there in December and it was really getting cold heheh

Comments