Kaerntner Ring 9, Vienna, Vienna, 1010, Austria

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel!

What can I say? This hotel is every bit what its name says it is - grand. The rooms are spacious and lavishly decorated. There is an historic character about the hotel.

The staff are genuinely friendly, polite and really keen to offer assistance.

At Christmas time there is a HUGE Christmas tree in the entrance hall.

I really really liked this hotel.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

The best for the fortunate

The other top class hotel in Vienna is definately the Grand Hotel, also situated along the Inner Ring of the city. Here too one can meet up with top politicians, celebreties or royalty.

• themajor's Profile Photo

A GRAND HOTEL...WITH A IMPRESSIVE XMAS TREE TOO!

Here we have another splendid establishment. One of those hotels where you get a thrill simply by going in and out. It has a splendidly impressive foyer, a surprisingly affordable and delightful bar/café, and public toilets that must rate amongst the very best in Vienna. No, really. You feel honoured end pampered each time you wash your hands! It's hard to do 'em justice but I wouldn't be surprised if they were originally designed as a mausoleum for a wealthy plumber. Sadly, I cannot speak for the 'Ladies' but I look forward to your reports...

I did enquire about staying here at one point but paused for thought when I realised that the additional charge for breakfast (£28) was approaching the sort of money one might pay for a nice lunch. A room alone will cost a minimum of £200 so you have to be comparatively comfortably off or living off your expense accounts to consider staying here. As befits a Japanese owned property it does boast an excellent Japanese restaurant.

One could criticise by saying that the hotel is perhaps caverous rather than cosy in feel but at Christmas this is used to advantage when it has a fir ree that literally reaches up to the first floor gallery and beyond. Quite beautiful.

I know people who have stayed here, enjoyed it - not worrying about the cost helps! - but why not sample the Grand's style rather more cheaply but opting for the light lunch and a trip to those luxurious loos?!

Unique Quality: Good location and a truly GRAND Christmas tree!

Directions: A short trot from the Opera House, around the inner ring and near the Imperial hotel. Can't miss it!

• iavormar's Profile Photo

If you want a really beatiful...

If you want a really beatiful hotel and you are willing to spend a huge amount of money but live like a king, then try Ana Grand Hotel. Prices and pictures at: http://www.anagrand.com/

Unique Quality: Many restaurants and very central situated.

Directions: ANA GRAND HOTEL WIEN, Kärntner Ring 9 • A-1010 Vienna • Austria

More about Grand Hotel Wien

Very good experience at the Grand Hotel Wien

by TripAdvisor Member warum

After staying at Hotel Sacher three month ago, which is also recommendable, I booked the Grand Hotel for one night on March 6th, 2007 (rate was 229,-- Euro tax incl., breakfast charged seperately).

I can highly recommend this Leading Hotel. Everything and even a bit more one can demand from a luxury hotel was met:

- prompt doorman service with luggage transfer at arrival,
- upgrade to a junior suite (room 317) as a Leaders Club member and guidance to the room,
- free bottle of water and a big "Gugelhupf"-cake as a welcome present in the room,
- the room was about 60sqm in size with a lavish seating group, working desk, two corridors and over all in a very good condition (although the hotel opens in 1994 there wasn't any damage, everything was totally clean without any spots on the floor or furnishings),
- the marble bathroom was spacy, the toilet and bidet in a separate room,
- the guests supplies were of high quality, e.g. the slippers which were far above average,
- from the writing desk and the bed one could controll nearly everything in the room electronically (radio, tv, automatic closing of the curtains, light controll, temperature of the air-condition, do-not-disturb-sign at the door and so on),
- free internet access in the room, coffee and tea making facilities in a seperate cupboard,
- turn-down was made,
- shoe-shine was done overnight,
- personal wake up-call in the morning (but eight minutes delayed).

I had an acceptable 3-course menu in the Grand cafe for 26,-- Euro and there was live piano music in the lobby during dinner (and at my arrival, too). When checking out in the morning I left my luggage in the hotel. As I arrived in the afternoon for collecting the luggage the bellman even recognized me and delivered the luggage to the taxi nearly before I could step out of the cab.

So I will book the Grand Hotel on my next trip to Vienna again.

First Class Hotel in a Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Ovid21

We stayed 4 nights at the Grand Hotel Wien in early May 2007. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel exceeded our expectations. On this trip, we spent a month traveling in Europe. We enjoyed most of our hotels, but this was our favorite of the entire trip.

We booked a Deluxe Room using Booking.com. The room was very nicely furnished and well appointed. The fixtures and detail in the room were all top quality. We had a large entrance hall with spacious closets, marble bathroom, a large bedroom and a private balcony with outside seating. This was a very comfortable place to stay.

The location was perfect .. just a block away from the Opera House and the Karntner Strasse. Other attractions like the Kunsthistorisches Museum, Albertina, and Leopold Museum, Hofburg Complex, and the Stephansdom are just a short walk from the hotel. There is also plenty of shopping the area.

There is a business center in the lower level below the lobby with a number of computers and free internet access. Attached to the rear of the hotel is a small shopping mall with food court and boutique shops. The concierge was very helpful in getting concert tickets and recommending restaurants.

We will always have pleasant memories of our stay here and will definately stay here again if we return to Vienna.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bigmamma

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hotel Wien from May 11th to May 15th. It is a great hotel. Beautiful furnishings in a lovely setting. Except for one receptionist at the front desk, all of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The two concierges were great and we asked them lots of questions. The hotel is in a great location. Right on the ring, connected to an mall with an amazing gourmet grocery in the basement and a few cafes at street level. It is only 1 block to the Kärntnerstrasse pedestrian shopping street and the opera house. The U Ban entrance is also 1 block away. We had the deluxe room with a king size bed which, while not as large as the executive, still had plenty of room. The bed was a little harder than we like but not uncomfortable. It was in the 80s when we were there. I like the room to be like a meat locker so, for me, the a/c could have been a little colder but it was better than most hotels in Europe and we requested a fan to supplement it and the room temperature was fine. Our room also had a view of the ring which was very nice. The electronic phone system was a little difficult to work. I accomplished opening and closing the drapes and blinds and turning off the lights, but we could never get a "live" person to answer from the front desk or housekeeping. Housekeeping would call back at least to find out what we wanted. And, they were excellent in cleaning the room, turn down and getting us whatever we requested. . We finally figured out to call the assistant manager to speak to a "live" person. The hotel also has free internet. I didn't bring my laptop but the business center has 4 computers with high speed access which was free. I was usually the only person in there. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel as their buffet is aboutg $40 a person and not worth it. We walked to the Starbucks twice which is a block away when we were in a hurry or to the Mozark Cafe which is next to the Sacher Hotel which has a great breakfast. The hotel also has a very nice outdoor cafe attached to the lobby bar. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel

A Christmas Break

by TripAdvisor Member HoratioBearz1

I stayed at the Grand Hotel with my wife over the Christmas Break 2006.

We arrived on the 23rd December and had to take a taxi from the airport due to luggage loss and so missed the planned chauffeured limo. We arrived a few hours late and just wanted to get to our room. Taxis at the airport were plentiful and no problem as an alternative means of getting into Vienna. 30Euros was the cost of the taxi fare.

We had arranged for an “Exclusive” room at the Grand Hotel which gave us just that bit more room to lounge in without having to go to the expense of the range of Suite Rooms available.

The hotel is listed in the "Luxury Hotels of the World" and it certainly met our expectations. It is not cheap but it is well worth the expense.

The hotel staff were helpful, friendly and diligent in their attentiveness.

Our room was cleaned in the morning and the bed made and covered. In the early evening the maid-service returned and prepared the room for our night's sleep.

We enjoyed room service which was prompt, well presented and hot. The television in the room was large and multiple-channelled with a variety of global options.

There are two bars in the hotel and both are very well-presented with good service. Cocktails were good and there were certainly no limitations on the alcohol content . . . . . . I cannot speak for the non-alcoholic cocktails but I'm sure they were delicious like my Mai Tai's.

The hotel breakfast was a choice of small continental or buffet selection; the latter including menu options ranging from fillet steak to boiled eggs and many options in between. It was wide-ranging buffet selection with many types of bread, cereals, jams and even Austrian Sekt (a champagne-type wine) for those who like that kind of refreshment and at that time of the morning.

Breakfast was available up to 11:00am for the late-risers but their choices were not diminished by late arrival.

The location is close to the Kartnerstrasse/Graben area (the main shopping area) and even has a shopping galleria backing onto the rear of the hotel (accessible via the ground and the first floor). Vienna being a classy place for elegant clothing this made for a great time to visit as the shops were closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Otherwise, if it were another day and time, my wife would have spent a fortune . . . . phew!

Within strolling distance are the Museum Quarter and the Imperial Palaces. Almost right outside the hotel is the Karlplatz entrance to the Viennese Underground and there is no lack of taxis available as static and passing availability meant there was no loss of time waiting for a cab to pass by.

We went as culture vultures and had a fabulous time attending a music evening and the special Renaissance Art Exhibition at the Kunst Historique Museum during our stay. The hotel concierge service was knowledgeable and helpful.

All in all we had a great break, enjoyed the luxury of the hotel and we would both thoroughly recommend Vienna for the friendliness of the hosts, the cleanliness of the city, the choice of things to do for art and music lovers. We would even recommend Vienna for those who just love people-watching.

We will be returning to Vienna and, hopefully, to this hotel!

Fantastic hotel, great service, good location

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in December to visit the Xmas Markets.

The hotel is fantastic. The decor is very Viennese, high ceilings, beautiful fabrics etc but the rooms are still very relaxing and comfortable. We like a hotel that suits its surroundings. This is no ultra-modern minimalistic hotel, it's a plush, luxurious and very Viennese hotel.

Bathroom was marble, very large and luxurious. Nice toiletries were provided.

The room was one of the more expensive hotels in Vienna but still excellent value compared with many European cities.

We ate breakfast from the buffet each morning which was great - hot items were available to order included in the price.

If you go in the winter pop into the bar for the hot wine special - delicious!

The city is lovely, the people are friendly. Only disappointment was the main xmas markets - there was a lot of "made in china" rubbish in them, same as everywhere I suppose. The Spittelberg market was different, and my favourite! Why buy made in China when you can get Made in Vienna!?

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, it has a nice location by the Music Hall, good service and lovely Viennese charm.

ETAP HOTEL WIEN

by avi1avi1

I WANT TO KNOW IF THE PRICE IN THIS HOTEL INCLUDE 2 PERSON ׂCOUPLEׁ ]40EU] AND A CHILD WITH US?
ALSO I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS A SUPERMARKET NEER THF HOTEL.
THANK YOU.

RE: ETAP HOTEL WIEN

by globetrott

wouldn't that be a good question to ask directely at the hotel, just in order to be absolutely sure ?
I mean, nowadays prices in general don't make any more sense in many cases and you may fly from Vienna to London for just 2 euros and pay more for the train to go from Stanstead into the city of London.
and b.t.w., there are diff. ETAP hotels in Vienna

RE: RE: ETAP HOTEL WIEN

by avi1avi1

THANK YOU .
IS THE HOTEL LOCATED IN A SAFE AREA?

RE: RE: ETAP HOTEL WIEN

by globetrott

there are not really any Un-safe areas in Vienna !

Comments