Hilton Plaza Hotel

Hilton Vienna Plaza
Hilton Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Hilton Plaza Hotel

what's your favorite music style?

by mindcrime

There is something for everyone, from rock to salsa!...

My favorite is JAZZLAND (Franz-Josefs-Kai 29) Great live gigs every night. Its located in a cellar under St. Ruprecht’s church! The cover charge is usually 11 euros
Other jazz clubs are JOE ZAWINUL’S BIRDLAND (At the Hilton Vienna 3., Am Stadtpark 3) and PORGY & BESS (at Riemergasse 11)

For bigger rock concerts go to ARENA (Baumgasse 80), to PLANET MUSIC (Adalbert-Stifter-Strasse 73) or to GASOMETER (Guglgasse 12). I saw Within Temptation there and it was great.
One small but good metal pub is GRAFFITY (Krugerstr. 8) near Stephansplatz, We heard good hard rock music at ROCK PUB(Gölsdorfgasse 2).
A nice gothic pub is SCHLAWINER (Elisabethstr. 13) but the owener was completely drunk and his was playing table soccer with himself!!!
We enjoyed some salsa music at HAVANA (Mahlerstrasse 11) but check also FLORIDITA, NUEVA VISTA, HOT PEPPER, RON CON SODA

If you want to dance go to a disco (nightclub refers to a strip bar!).

More info at http://www.falter.at/

Vicenza to Vienna

by JasonVanessa

Hello Everyone,
I've decided to go to Vienna for my free days this week. I had a hard time finding a good hotel with a vacancy. I ended up at the
Hilton Vienna Plaza
Schottenring 11
Vienna NA A - 1010
I'm paying more than I wanted too but I'm hoping it's in a good location and a good hotel. Has anyone stayed at this Hilton?
It's my first trip to Vienna. I am leaving from Vicenza Italy. Has anyone done the drive? I was going to take the train until I saw that driving "seems" a lot faster.
Can someone tell me there experience and give me good advice. I leave in a few days.

Thanks,
Vanessa

Re: Vicenza to Vienna

by lichtzeile

Hi Vanessa,

I haven't stayed in the Vienna Hilton yet but I can nearly guarantee that its worth the money. From all I know, you really get pampered there and feel like a titled person. The hotel standard in Austria is pretty high.
I'm sorry but I can't tell you anything about the drive.

Have a nice stay,

Verena

Re: Vicenza to Vienna

by foretopman

hilton... anything more valueless?...

have dinner for ten people

by drosg

Hi again,

As we're a groupe of ten people I would like to know if there is any restaurant good and cheap where we could have dinner in Vienna at the weekend, and better if we don't need to book before. We'll stay at Hilton Vienna, is this place nice to find nightlife and restaurants?

Thanks for your help

Re: have dinner for ten people

by Maryimelda

Just a suggestion. I like the Wienerwald chain for a decent budget priced meal. Great schnitzels. The restaurants are big enough to take large parties as well so ten should not be a problem. Maybe you will have to wait if you don't have a booking, I really don't know, but maybe if they can't take you straight away, you may have to go for a walk and come back in half an hour or so. Hard to say really. There are a number of them in Vienna. You shouldn't have to venture too far to find one. I know there is one right in the centre near Graben and Stephensplatz.

quiet restaurant near Danube river

by manon22

Hi!

I'll be having long business lunch with a client in Vienna (4 of us all meeting at the airport not familiar with Vienna) and I have no idea where to go - the restarurant needs to be quiet, comfortable with enough space between tables ( separate boxes would be perfect)nice international cuisine - not extremly expensive approx.50EUR/person. Location near Danube river would be ideal. If you know of such place, please share.

Thanks for your help!

by heksli

we do not have a lot of business restaurants meeting your needs at the danube ... see Hiltons Danube Hotel: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/VIEHAHI-Hilton-Vienna-Danube/dining.do

by WStat

I could recommend a very nice and very good (not too expensive) restaurant near the river Danube in the village of Fischamend, only 4 kms distant from Vienna`s airport.
It's the renowned restaurant "MERZENDORFER", where you can get fish-dishes and all the other Austrian specialities.In summer there is a nice garden for al-fresco dining and also it's inside outlay is rather comfortable and convenient.
Unfortunately there is no website in English, but have a look at the german version at http://tinyurl.com/6jfusw
Take care, the restaurant is closed on Sundays and mondays and during the month of August

by WStat

- you can find telephone-numbers and other website- URL at my SCHWECHAT tips!

Comments