Am Stadtpark, Vienna, Vienna, 1030, Austria

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 42% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• pamjames's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel on Ringstrasse

Right on the Ringstrasse, this hotel was nicely located on the quieter NW end, in front of trolley access. The Hilton charges for internet use, darn it, but the McDonalds (on the next block) has it for free. Enjoyed meal at the hotel, good service, good bread. We found the concierge very helpful regarding Lippizzaner performances/tickets. Room was lovely, staff helpful. Truly beautiful breakfast each day. Some Austrians are a tiny bit snippy, but I don't think they mean anything by it. It's similar on the East Coast USA.

Directions: Ringstrasse

• Very centrally located

This hotel had what I thought was a perfect location -- across the street from the CAT, also across the street from both the U-Bahn and the S-Bahn, and just a 2 blocks walk to the Ringstrasse. The room was nice, more spacious than other hotels I have stayed in in Vienna, though the room was advertised as with a king bed, and the bed was definitely a queen. We got upgraded to an Executive Floor, which gave us access to the Executive Lounge, which I highly recommend if you can get it. They have free food -- light fare -- running all day, which was perfect when you were just in need of a snack or a quick drink. The Executive Lounge also has stunning views of the city. The lobby bar was quite crowded nearly every night we were there due to numerous happy hour specials.

Directions: At the Stadtpark

• smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Hilton Vienna

As you would expect from a Hilton, it was clean and comfortable. In my room which was very nicely laid out I had a kettle and everything I needed to make tea & or coffee - something I make use of!

The service in the bar area was bad. In fact so bad that I was prompted to fill out my guest questionnaire and moan about it! I ordered a simple toasted cheese and tomato sandwich but it took them an hour to make and get to me 9I was starving!) and when it arrived it was cold... and it was NOT cheap!

I did get an email from the manageer thanking me for taking the time to fill in the questionaire and also apologies for my cold, rubbery toastie !!!!

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Very good Hilton

A very good Hilton even if it doesn't look very nice from the outside (a big concrete tower)...
    ...the advantage of this kind of architecture is that you can have a nice view from the higher floors!
    The staff is very friendly and courteous. The room are not too big but big enough, the bathroom is also what you could expect from this kind of hotel...
    The bed was perfect, very comfortable, I've slept like a baby!!

Unique Quality: Perfectly located : just in front of the CAT station (train between the airport and the city) and close to the city center!

Breakfast buffet fit the definition of a good hotel buffet even if it is on the expensive side (25E)

*** update July 08 ***
    I have been staying again at this hotel and my initial impression was definitely the good one! This is definitely a better Hilton than the Hilton Danube but it's sensibly more expensive as well. The staff at the reception was really friendly. The breakfast is indeed not bad at all but still on the expensive side (26€ now). Wireless Internet connectivity is also available via iPass.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hilton Vienna

Usually, when planning a visit to a city I am also checking the Hilton hotel and occasionally I stay there. But this time I got special offer from Finnair airline combining flight and hotel so I will have to check the Hilton another time. Who’s going to join me then?

• jujub's Profile Photo

I stayed at the Hilton, it was...

I stayed at the Hilton, it was nice. It has a business center in case you want to have a business convention or something in there... and the good thing they had: A NO SMOKING SECTION IN THE RESTAURANT! It is rare, but they have it!!!

Unique Quality: Ask for a room in a high floor, so you get a good view of the city... Here is a view of the 13th floor... tried to capture the sunrise, but... so cold...... so sleepy....

Directions: Am Stadtpark, A-1030 Wien
    tel: (43-1) 71-700-0
    fax: (43-1) 71-30-691
    email: info_vienna@hilton.com

More about Hilton Vienna

Internet Cafe and Laundry

by outdoorz13

Hi! I'll be staying at the Vienna Hilton Danube. Does anybody know of a nearby internet cafe and a self-serve laundry place? Thanks!

Re: Internet Cafe and Laundry

by Roley

The Hilton Vienna Danube is quite a long way from anything, right out on the Danube in an industrial type area. There are very few amenities in the immediate neighbourhood. You will have to travel closer into town to find anything like that. I can't think of any self-service laundries off the top of my head - there might be one near the Westbahnhof. You may need to rely on the hotel for laundry facilities. There is an internet cafe on the Morzinplatz, where the airport bus stops close to Schwedenplatz, and one at the Am Hof, both in the centre of town.

rol

Re: Internet Cafe and Laundry

by outdoorz13

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it!

Comments