Margaretenstrasse 53, Vienna, Vienna, 1050, Austria

Booking.com IHG Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Worst experience ever !!!

I had a very bad experience with holiday inn. I booked a room using my priority club points and by mistake i booked for December instead of January and as a consequence for my no show they double charged my visa and also took my priority club points for that night. After complaining to them they said that they were sorry and that they could only put my points back but leave the charge on my credit card. So at the end i made another reservation paid 140 euros more and they charged me for the no show day 100 euros and i was not able to use my points. So instead of a free night with priority club points i ended up paying 240 euros. Thanks a lot Holiday Inn, i will never stay again in such a hotel that their only concert is how to rip you off

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Regular, but clean and location is great!

The hotel room were clean, comfortable, it is quite basic for a few nights stay. The room was pretty small, however, the convenience of the location was excellent.

Unique Quality: These hotel is a 3Star hotel, nothing extra ordinary but the location was what we made us choose and for the price was affordable.
    Our breakfast was always at a cafe shop, so, it was always something different everyday as we are early starter when traveling...

More about Holiday Inn Vienna City

An excellent 4 star city hotel

by hopang about Hotel Holiday Inn City, Vienna

Hotel Holiday Inn City Vienna is an excellent four star city hotel located just within a stone's throw from major tourist attractions. The hotel has approximatelöy 100 well-furnished rooms and was constructed in 1976.

Among its well-equipped amenities and facilities are non smoking rooms, air-conditioning, 24 hour front desk, laundry services, conference and meeting rooms, business services, health and fitness centre with sauna, foreign currency exchange, pets allowed, wheelchair accessible, high speed internet access, complementary coffee/tea maker, safe deposit boxes, mini bar, hair dryer, laundry services and dry cleaning.

Buffet breakfast between 7.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. daily at hotel's main restaurant is excellent, priority is given to quality instead of quantity it has to be said. Services are impeccable as staff are friendly and helpful. Its unique qualities are its central location being near to major tourist attractions, business centres and shopping arcades. Subway station Kettenbrückengasse for line U4 (green line) is located just 200 metres away. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants are located around the hotel. Another unique quality is the choice of several different pillows to choose from to make your night sleep a memorable one!

Vienna hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RexVictoriaAustralia

My wife and 2 children stayed at Holiday Inn Vienna march 2007.
The hotel is in a good location for transport and shopping etc. Friendly staff good rooms and meals were all ok. Beware of taxi drivers who love to ripp off tourists. I would stay here again.

Finally a hotel off the beaten tracks

by TripAdvisor Member otteand

I used this hotel during a business trip where I also took my wife and kids with me to spend some days together. The Holiday Inn Vienna City was an excellent choice:
The location was perfect. Close to the Ring, State Opera as well as the Mariahilferstrasse ( a lovely scroll from the hotel to there). Further to this the underground was just 3 down the road, so we could get around in town (to Schoenbrunn, Prater, also to my business partners) very easly thanks to the excellent public transport system.
What I personally loved about this location is that it was off the beaten tracks. A lot of trendy restaurants, bars, shops around which are frequented by the locas. Especially the close Naschmarkt, which obviously is a very popular market in Vienna.
The hotel itself was an interesting Holiday Inn. The staff exceptionally friendly. They had a lovely garden at the back - something you would not expect in this area. The room we stayed in was very stylish - type Viennese Modern Movement design - which I liked because it was distinctiv for this hotel (not like in other chain hotels, where they look all the same).
Working space was fine.
I will choose this hotel again for my next trips to Vienna as it was very relaxing. We really felt welcome. The only possible draw back was that the internet is not free of charge which did not mind a lot about.

Quality room and facilities

by TripAdvisor Member Texan-in-Italy

We booked a triple room for 1 night and were pleased to find our room very spacious, the very comfortable double bed (two large twin beds pushed together) was more like a king, our teenager's single was located in a separate section of the room. The large bathroom was fantastic, the deep bathtub a luxury after our experience with tiny bathrooms in our "get-acquainted" trip through several European cities. The room was clean and modern, reception staff courteous and professional, what I expected of the Holiday Inn reputation (note, I am a Priority Club member, so it is possible that we were given an upgraded room). As we arrived late and were tired, we decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant which had very slow service (despite the fact that there were hardly any customers) and so-so food. We declined the additional 15 Euro per person breakfast, having planned to try the local bakeries instead. The next day, we checked out but left our bags at the hotel while we spent the day sightseeing. The hotel is a 15 min. walk to the State Opera, and from there to the sights of old town Vienna and the market. Lots of cafes, restaurants, shops. We took the historical sightseeing tour, which turned out to be a good decision since we did not have much time in Vienna. The tour took us around the ring road, gave us an idea of the layout of the town, and a tour of the Schonbrunn palace and gardens. When we come back to Vienna again for the museums and opera, we will be staying at this hotel.

Large clean room

by TripAdvisor Member dontnowhere2stay

Hotel is situated on Margarethenstrasse. The closest subway is Kettenbrückengasse (Green line- U4). The walk is approx 10 mins. and location is a bit quiet. When we arrived we made the mistake of getting off at Karlsplatz and it took approx 20mins to walk to the hotel.
Should you have a bit of time, you can walk to Belvedere, Opera and Stephansdom but this will take at least 20mins. A convenient place to visit is Schonbrunn (approx 5 stops on Green line- 15mns) and is worth a day out to see the palace, gardens and apple strudel demonstration!
The staff were friendly and helpful, had a double room and it was quite large. The hotel does not give the little packets of shower cap, comb, etc unless you ask for it but I think it might be a standard with Austrian hotels. Room had kettle so you can make own tea/coffee/hot choc!
The rate was a bit pricey given breakfast was not included & location a bit far. Otherwise the stay was pleasant.

Close enough to city centre

by TripAdvisor Member Olos

As the hotel is situated some distance from the subway we decided to take a taxi both to and from the hotel, this was roughly €35 each way (airport). The hotel is situated some distance from the city centre but you can easily walk the distance as we did on several occasions. There is a taxi stand just across the street or the receptionist is always happy to call one for you. Taxi is relatively cheap.

Our check in was fast and courteous the receptionist offered to help with our luggage. A bit awkward to get to the rooms as you have to climb a few steps and walk through the bar area then descend a few steps before you’ll get to the lift. We got a nice large room with twin beds that were huge, a sitting group (small sofa, chair and a table) One big window and one a bit smaller. Our room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. The rooms are maybe a bit gloomy but defiantly comfortable. The beds was just right and we slept very well. The bathroom was basic; bathtub, washbasin and toilet. Tiles on both floor and walls (could do with a “face lift” as many of the tiles was cracked). Soap from dispenser and no amenities, a note told that the reception would be happy to provide this if you had forgotten something. Big towels water pressure was good and no lack of hot water. Breakfast was included in our rate and was sumptuous, eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit, cereals, choice of bread and plenty more. We had our breakfast in the courtyard witch was lovely on a sunny morning.

Large, clean rooms

by TripAdvisor Member fsufan

We stayed here in May for 4 nights. The location is okay. We were able to walk to Stephansdom, but it's about 20 minutes. We also walked to Hofburg Palace and used public transportation from Karlsplatz (15 minute walk) for other sites. There are tons of good shops and outdoor cafes near Stephansdom and I would have preferred to be a bit closer to this area. There is an internet cafe across the street that is cheaper than using the internet at the hotel. There is also an Italian restaurant down the street that was good.

We had a 2 twin bed garden view room. Our room was quite large and had a sitting area with a couch and table as well as a desk. The room
faced a courtyard, so was quite quiet. The bathroom was large and clean. We had a shower/tub combo and had decent water pressure and plenty of hot water. We had cable tv with CNN, a hair dryer, and air conditioning. (coming from Florida, I have trouble sleeping without air conditioning) No complaints about the room. We did have to walk up a small flight of stairs with our luggage - no elevator - which is
my only complaint.

Breakfast was good and included eggs, sausage, deli meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, rolls, cakes, croissants, juices, and
champagne!

I would recommend this hotel, as I had no real complaints. If visiting Vienna again, would probably try to find a hotel closer to Stephansdom area though.

A Super Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member 30statesJo

Just enjoyed a short break in Vienna staying at the Holiday Inn. Hotel is as you would expect from this hotel chain - very clean, spacious room, good facilities, well organised.

We stayed in room 204, which was at the front of the building, overlooking the street. Double glazing meant that there was little noise from the road and the black out curtains kept the light from the HI sign at bay! Would recommend this room, or those on the floors above - nice view of a typical Viennese street.

We ate at the hotel. Breakfast was a selection of cereal, pastries, cold meats and a small selection of hot food - bacon, sausages and scrambled eggs. Champagne was a nice surprise, so most mornings were kick started with a buck's fizz! We ate dinner at the hotel - traditional Viennese dishes and soups. The restaurant was quiet, but the food was very good; certainly comparable to the meals we ate elsewhere in the city. Service was excellent.

What made this hotel outstanding for us was the location, Margaretenstrasse. It is not in the city centre (as the name might lead you to believe). It is actually about a 15 minute walk from the hotel to the main shopping street, Kartnerstrasse - where you will find the Sacher hotel, State Opera and further along the cathederal, Stephansdom. We could walk to all of these quite easily, and when we were too tired or too full to walk, taxis were reasonable and plentiful. But being out of the city centre proper, meant that we spent time wandering around quiet streets, making our own discoveries and finding 'short cuts' to the Belvedere and the Naschmarkt.

We will definately return to Vienna (so much to see and do! four days was not enough!) and the Holiday Inn will again be our hotel of choice.

Comments