Schlossberggasse 8, Vienna, 1130, Austria

More about Hostel Hutteldorf

The RUBENS hall - KHMThe RUBENS hall - KHM

Hermesvilla, Vienna, ATHermesvilla, Vienna, AT

Kirche am Steinhof, Vienna, ATKirche am Steinhof, Vienna, AT

Pestsäule (Graben, Vienna, Austria)Pestsäule (Graben, Vienna, Austria)

Location and orientation- Vienna

by bogomil

Hi all,
Can you tell me whish oh this hostels are near to the RatHaus (City hall).

Or recommend me cheap hotel/hostel/appartment in about 10-20 min from this area?

Thanks/ Danke
Bogomil

RE: Location and orientation- Vienna

by btal47

I stayed at a hostel far from the center, but almost directly on a subway line. It wasn't inconvenient at all, and I had to get to the Rathaus almost every day for a conference. It would take 25-35 min to get there, but it's also a very nice hostel, very cheap, and quiet. It's called Hostel Hutteldorf, and is at the last stop of the U4 (green) line.

From Sudbahnhof to my hostel

by roco_mx

Hi, I'm planning on staying at the Hostel Hutteldorf which is on Schlossberggasse 8. I'll be arriving from Prague around 6 o'clock in the morning, and I was wondering if you knew how to get from Sudbahnhof to the hostel. Thanks

Rodrigo (MEX)

RE: From Sudbahnhof to my hostel

by brandi05

That's near the U4 station Hütteldorf.

There are a few options for getting to U4 from Südbahnhof. The simplest is probably taking tram 18 to Margaretengürtel.

Or you could take tram D to Schwarzenbergplatz (I think that's the 3rd stop) and walk over to Karlsplatz (some 5 minutes, ask for directions), which has the added bonus that you'll see Karlskirche on the way. Alternatively, you can stay on the tram until Opernring (that's some 2-3 stations more), catch a glimpse of the State Opera, and board U4 from there. That's also Karlsplatz station, just a different end of it.

RE: RE: From Sudbahnhof to my hostel

by brandi05

Um, I forgot: using public transport, it'll cost you 1.5 EUR (don't forget to buy a ticket before boarding a tram - vending machines can be found in the main hall of Südbahnhof).

If you prefer taxis, expect less hassle, but about ten times the price.

RE: From Sudbahnhof to my hostel

by roco_mx

thanks a lot for the info.
Rodrigo

RE: RE: From Sudbahnhof to my hostel

by devilinme

Hi Rodrigo,

Since its already August, I figured you must have returned from your trip?
I'm planning the same route too.

I am thinking, can I take the
a) S-Bahn from Sudbahnhof Landstrase and then, U4 to Hutteldorf?
b) S-Bahn to Hutteldorf direct?

From the metro map, both does seems possible.
Pls enlighten me.
Thanks.

Travel Tips for Vienna

Go to the Prater The Prater...

by houba

Go to the Prater The Prater in Vienna is the expansive area (6,143,984 m²) close to the city centre where the Viennese go for recreation. Due to regulation of the Danube and extensive use of the park for recreation activities, relatively little remains of what was once a vast river basin used as the imperial hunting ground; today the area offers a wide variety of open spaces, ranging from natural landscape to city park. You can find here the Giant Ferris Wheel (Riesenrad)Its 65 m high and weights 430 t. The construction of steel is build in 1896/97 by the english engineer Walter Basset.

Tourist from where?

by manuelEB

They smiled but they did not answer...
But at least they show -with their fast walking- they way to the main gate of the Summer Palace, a landmark in Vienna and a source of smiles for those who remember the old films with Romy Schenneider The fondest is the beer and the girls but I am afraid you are asking for a different kind of fondest...like beers and girls. Never mind.

Old Vienna

by socrates_07

I don't know if I should call the following photos and informations 'General Tips' but I think I can call this new serial general informations.
I like old photos, especially if you see how the places or buildings has been changed in all these years. So I thought, maybe some of you also would like to see the development of Vienna.

Well, lets enter the time machine!!

In the next days this page will be finished. I will add some comments and upload more photos...

Gloriette III

by iandsmith

Even when I was walking away through the forest, it still beckoned me to take another picture.
It's a standout from the main palace or most places in the garden and was deliberately placed thus.
You can just imagine the Hapsburgs doing some Sunday afternoon entertaining here.
It was designed in 1775 by Hohenburg.

Saturday and Sunday breakfast

by FRONA

A lot of Vienese and foreigners like to enjoy relaxed Saturday and Sunday breakfasts or so called brunches outside their homes. Usually its a socialisation thing for couples or friends. It is very popular to sit outside and eat from March-November> Saturdays brunches are most popular on Naschmarkt that is NOT open on Sunday. Other very popular places include Quadro, Point of sale, Kunsthalle, Rochus, Hermann, Amarcord and Floriani. My favorites are Naschmarkt Deli, Kunsthalle and Point of Sale in summer and Floriani and SALZBERG in the winter - indoor.

Comments