Hotel Am Parkring Vienna

Hotel Am Parkring
Orbitz.com Booking.com CheapTickets.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Penelope4's Profile Photo

Nice view and has Viennesse touch

I wanted to get away from Christmas blues so I booked a single room for two nights at Hotel Am Parkring (although I have my own flat in Vienna, ha!).

The receptionist was a typical Austrian hostess - quite charming and made me feel very special. I quite liked that particularly at Christmas time when I get very sensitive. Anyway, where was I...

Ah, the elevator is putzig. Very cute that is. The rooms are on the 11th, 12th and 13th floors - they provide very unique view of Vienna. My room was nicely furnished and the heating made me feel comfortable. The bed was soothing and the pillows are the best I've ever hugged. I actually wanted to bring them home (and pay for them of course) but I changed my mind. Anyway, the bathroom was good enough for one person like me. A bathtub was there and one can control the temperature of the water without much ado. And the hair dryer was okay and the towels look good and smell good too. The flat screen is wide enough for me and it has a great sound so I enjoyed listening to the radio as much as I enjoyed watching TV. The staff are so polite and friendly. I really liked my stay. And yes, I spent Euro 50 for my dinner but it was one of my fave dinner in Vienna so far.

I came with just a backpack and yet, the Bellboy still carried it for me and explained this and that. Quite cute. I will stay here again when I get bored in 2010 :D

Unique Quality: Great views, excellent food, genuine hospitality - that's what I am talking about.

The hotel does not have a gym of its own but the hotel will guide you on how to use the gym of the hotel just next to it (it's the Marriott, I think).

The location is great. There's a tram just across it. If you speak German, you'll be pleased to know that very near to it is a moviehouse so you can take the last screening. At the corner is a coffeeshop which is frequented by the intellectuals in Vienna (Cafe Prueckl); across it is a museum. In summer, you'll love the hotel even more because in front of it is a very nice park. I stayed there during the winter and I still enjoyed the stroll. A few meters away is the Schwarzenbergerplatz and as I like walking, I liked it when I reached the City Opera.

Cheerio!

Directions: You can take the fast train from the airport and then take the underground U-Bahn. Find out how to get off at U3 Stubentor station and from there follow the exit leading to Parkring and go to the right.

Comments