Laxenburgerstrasse 19, Vienna, Vienna, 1100, Austria

AMOMA.com Priceline.com Booking.com

• globetrott's Profile Photo

a perfect hotel

Hotel Kolbeck has a perfect location along the metro U1 and within just 10 minutes you will be at Stephansplatz or at the Opera. They also have an internet-point with free internet-access for their guests.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers cheap rooms and an excellent breakfast-buffet, a lot of restaurants and cafes are around the corner, in the pedestrian-zone of Favoritenstrasse.
    Singlerooms start with 42 euros p.p.
    doublerooms with 29 euros per person
    an extrabed is 15 euros
    and breakfast is included in these prices !
    children up to 13 are free of charge
    within the parents-room
    From Monday 08.00am till Friday 05.00pm the fee
    for the garage is 15 euros for 24 hours
    Fri 05.00pm till Mon. 08.00am it is just 3 €

Directions: Laxenburgerstrasse 19, that is between the metrostations Suedtiroler Platz and Kepplerplatz

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Grand old building.....

My stay at the Hotel Kolbeck was very pleasant for the most part. The building is well located in Favoriten on a pedestrian plaza competely surrounded by shops and restaurants. The tram stops right outside the door and the underground is a short walk away. The staff were all courteous, helpful and efficient without exception. Breakfast is included in the tariff and is extremely good. My room was huge with beautiful polished floor and a newly renovated bathroom with separate toilet.

Unique Quality: My only complaints were that there was no lift and I had to lug my bag up a lot of steps. There was no fan in the room and as it was very hot, I had to leave my window open at night to get some fresh air. This would have been fine only the trams stopping right outside made for an awful racket which went on until late at night. This is a common failing in many three star European hotels. My suggestion would be that they put a small fan in each room, put up the tariff by one euro per day and they would all be paid for in a month or two. This would also make for some better rested guests.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo

Comfortable and convenient

I found the Hotel Kolbeck (Photo 1) by trawling through seemingly endless accommodation websites. What were my criteria? Essentially, a place that was clean, comfortable, well-run, with breakfast and preferably free internet, and at about the two star price range. It also needed to be convenient to shops, restaurants and transport to the city. (Those are my usual starting point – NB: your needs and priorities may be different).

I’m glad to say that the Kolbeck admirably met our criteria. It also had very pleasant staff. The one small negative, which I’d discerned from my web-searches was that, being in an older (1848) building it had no lift: climbing the stairs to our second floor room was not onerous and probably did us both good!

Because of our airline flight we arrived at 0800 – long before any possible check-in. Murat, the gentleman on the counter, kindly took our bags into the luggage room, offered us breakfast (we’d just had some at the airport, so declined), then gave us a map and an excellent briefing on getting about using Vienna’s public transport system.

Our double room (which overlooked the pedestrianised plaza alongside) was fairly plain but newly-refurbished, spotlessly clean, with a good ensuite and reasonably quiet (Photos 2,3). Breakfast (which we enjoyed outdoors when possible)(Photo 4) was quite reasonable, and all our other criteria were well-met: restaurants and shops aplenty were nearby, the tram passes the door and the main metro line into the city was about 200 metres distant. I should note that this is more a “working/retail” rather than a “tourist/upmarket” area, but it always felt respectable, safe and comfortable.

Unique Quality: Free internet (with quite good speeds, but only one computer) is available to residents on a ‘shared’ basis.

The reception area (Photo 5) has a distinctly old-world charm and a small display of memorabilia about the hotel, which has been run by the same family/family company for over a century, plus a photo of Franz Kolbeck who was founder in 1903.

The ultimate test: would we stay there again? Definitely.

Directions: FINDING IT: about 500 metres south of Sudbahnhof on Laxenburgerstrasse and facing Columbusplatz, tram line 0; Keplerplatz 200 metres metro line U1.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Hotel Kolbeck

On both my visits to Vienna I stayed in the family run Hotel Kolbeck. The hotel is located in a building from 1848 and offers several room categories for affordable prices. Included in the price is a buffet style breakfast and free internet access.

What I like about the hotel is its location near the South Station (Sudbahnhof) which offers great possibilities for day trips to Bratislava or with the Semmering Railway.

Directions: Hotel Kohlbeck is situated about 3 km south of the city centre. It has excellent public transportation connections: Tram #O stops just in front of the hotel and the underground stations Kepler Platz and Südtiroler Platz (U1) are only 5 minutes on foot.

• Hotel Kolbeck

I spend a night in this hotel during weekend. Found it to be reasonable comfortable for the levels of price, especially since thei include also breakfast.
    It also was one of the hotels in this price-range that had free rooms for booking with 4-5 weeks in adavnce; I tried to other 3 hotels but they were fully booked already so much time in advance.
    I took a room with common WC/bath; they were clean and well maintained from sanitation point of view, but not outstanding. Room access is done with electronic card, which is very convenient (from my point of view at least).

Directions: 5-7 min. walk from Keplerplatz U-bahn station - line U1

• mi5chelle's Profile Photo

Affordable two star hotel

I was there on Sept 11, 2001 for a conference and it provided simple but clean accommodation in an area near a Turkish neighborhood and market.

Unique Quality: No real special qualities but it was near public transport and a cool Turkish neighborhood.

Comments