Hotel Pension Walzerstadt

Hotel Pension Walzerstadt
Booking.com Priceline.com hotel.info

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel Pension in Vienna's 7th District

Before traveling to Vienna, I selected the Hotel Pension Walzerstadt for a few reasons. First, it was located close to the workshop that I was attending. Second, the quoted price for a single room (49 Euros per night) is very reasonable for Vienna. Third, there are some very good reviews on TripAdvisor (and elsewhere on the internet) with high praise for the kindness and customer service of the manager.

After arriving in Vienna Airport, I was able to reach the Hotel Pension Walzerstadt in Neubau (Vienna's 7th district) without taking a taxi. First, I took the Vienna Airport Bus from the airport to the Westbahnhof (West Train Station) for the price of 6 Euros. From the Westbahnhof, I walked a few blocks to the hotel. From the Westbahnhof, it was possible to take either the U3 underground line or a tram closer to the hotel -- but the walk was not difficult with my luggage on wheels.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I met Reza -- the hotel's manager. After a warm, friendly welcome, Reza gave me the choice of two rooms. He also showed me the location of certain room amenities such as the personal safe. The room I chose was large (for a single), tastefully furnished, and very clean. I especially liked the ample counter space in the bathroom.

For me, this hotel's greatest feature is Reza's kindness and friendliness. I stayed at the hotel for seven nights -- and, every time I saw Reza, he greeted me warmly. Unlike the forced customer service that you get at many hotel chains which seems based on marketing studies, the customer service that I received from Reza was the real thing -- he is genuinely a kind and friendly human being.

It should be pointed out that Reza is fluent in English, German, and his native Persian. He moved to Vienna many years ago -- and he is a very well-educated man. Since my German is minimal, we communicated in English.

Another nice amenity of the hotel is that you can use the computer in the reception area for free. Therefore, I was able to check my emails and look up other things on the internet concerning my trip.

I had breakfast every morning in the hotel for an extra 5,50 Euros. While the selection wasn't immense like some of the hotel chains, I found the breakfast to be fully satisfying and a great value for the price. Every morning, coffee or tea and a boiled egg was delivered fresh to my table. I could also help myself to orange juice, milk, muesli (which was terrific!), different types of bread (including a delicious brown bread), an assortment of jellies and jams, different types of cheeses, cold cuts, and an assortment of liver spreads (in small packages). At check-out, Reza only charged me for 5 of the 7 breakfasts that I ate in the hotel. This gesture of goodwill was unnecessary, but appreciated.

In a nutshell, I wholeheartedly recommend the Hotel Pension Walzerstadt for anyone seeking a reasonably priced accommodation in Vienna's 7th district. For persons seeking a luxury 4 or 5 star hotel and/or a prime location within the 1st district, this hotel pension is not for you. However, for persons who are willing to venture to the 7th district for maximum value, the Hotel Pension Walzerstadt is a great choice.

Unique Quality: Excellent hotel manager who provides warm and friendly customer service.

Great location within Neubau -- Vienna's fun and trendy 7th district.

Many wonderful restaurants within very close distance.

Convenient public transportation -- tram stops (both directions) directly outside of the hotel and the Zieglergasse U3 stop down the street (a 5-10 minute walk). Also, the Westbahnhof is within easy walking distance (about 15 minutes).

Free use of the computer (with internet) in the reception.

Fully satisfying breakfast offered for 5,50 Euros.

Directions: Located in Neubau (Vienna's 7th district) at the intersection of Zieglergasse and Westbahnstrasse.

Comments