Philharmonikerstrasse 4, Vienna, Vienna, A-1010, Austria

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• aflaneur's Profile Photo

Obligatory Iconic Hotel

Sumptuous and full of so much history that it's a must see kind of place. The look straddles a gray line between luxe trappings for the well-connected and well-to-do and, well, a high end bordello. That's the risk in a theme dominated by reds and gold.

Unique Quality: My stay was during a period of renovation, so I can't give any good testimonials...but upon completion I look forward to returning.

• robin_h1006's Profile Photo

One bottle of Original Sacher Cuvée in the room upon arrival

Daily buffet breakfast

One Original Sacher-Torte as a farewell present

One Original Sacher Herz - pralines with a luscious hazelnut cream filling

Once we arrived at the Sacher, we were greeted politely, told that our room was ready, and we had been complimentarily upgraded. This was at 8:00am in the morning which is unheard of. All of our baggage dissapeared with the porter and we were given a personal tour of the hotel. After being shown our room, we went down to breakfast. The breakfast buffet at the Sacher had to be the best breakfast in Europe.

After returning from a museum the
    champagne and pralines arrived and was outstanding.

Dinner that night was also very enjoyable. The wine list was excellent and the service was impeccable. They were also more than happy to substitute dishes on the predetermined 4 course dinner menu.

Overall, It was a great experience and every need was attended to. All the staff called us by our names, which was a great touch, especially as we were staying but one night.

Unique Quality: Great View of the Vienna State Opera.

Romantic Restaurant.

In the middle of the pedestrian shooping area and across the street from the Tour bus office.

Where else can you stay and have the ORIGINAL Sacher torte?

Beautiful Rooms

Directions: Across from the Vienna State Opera.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Hotel and Coffee House. How Can You Go Wrong?

First, it should be clear by viewing the price of the hotel that I have not stayed here. BUT!! I have had their coffee in the coffee house that is attached, and is the reason for this place being famous. So, I thought I would research it a bit and then write a tip on it. This is a top-notch hotel apparently. It is rated a 5 star hotel by most internet sites I visited. I can tell you that it is in a prime location, not far from the Stephansdom, Viennese State Opera and metro stations, making everything accessible. Plus, did I tell you about their cake...

Room rates for a double start at 229 Euro, up to 1,300 Euro for a suite, per night.

• Wilson's Profile Photo

Vienna is quite expensive, so...

Vienna is quite expensive, so be prepared to pay. If you want to be pampered, stay at the Hotel Sacher.
    around 3000 Sc

Unique Quality: It is Vienna's most famous hotel and now home to the famed Sacher Torte (chocolate cake which everyone must try but I thought it was a bit dry). If you want excellent service and the finest Vienna has to offer, then this is the place for you. (Or, just stop in for the cake!!!!!)

Directions: It is located right in the heart of the inner ring (center of Vienna) on Philarmoniskerstrasse 4.

More about Hotel Sacher Wien

Hotel Sacher, ViennaHotel Sacher, Vienna

Hotel Sacher ViennaHotel Sacher Vienna

Restaurant Rote Bar, Hotel Sacher, ViennaRestaurant Rote Bar, Hotel Sacher, Vienna

Restaurant Anna Sacher, Hotel Sacher, ViennaRestaurant Anna Sacher, Hotel Sacher, Vienna

Shop Near Hotel Sacher

by surfgirl583

Many years ago I visited a small shop very close to the Hotel Sacher that sold handmade ceramics, including small ceramic Christmas trees that you could attach small candles to. I think it was a business that had been there for a very long time, and I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is still there and its name and exact location.

Re: Shop Near Hotel Sacher

by Goscherl

Surfgirl,
I think I know the shop you are talking about, on the Kaertnerstrasse called Wiener Werkstaette. I used to shop there often, the last time in December 05. But when I was in Wien in October 06, I found much to my disgust that it doesn't excist any more. Unfortunately many of the wonderful old stores are being bought up by international chains which can afford to pay higher rents. Quite a few of my favorites have disapeared in the last few years.
Are you staying at a hotel? Most concierge personel is very good at helping you find the kind of store you want.
Rune

Re: Shop Near Hotel Sacher

by surfgirl583

Thanks for your help...sad to hear it is no longer there.

Comments