Intercontinental Wien

Booking.com IHG Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 38% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Inter-Continental

I really enjoyed staying here for 3 nights in early December. The room itself was a little small, but in the end it didn't matter much. The lobby bar in this hotel was always packed, much to my surprise, and had reasonable prices as well as live music in the evening. It was wonderfully decorated for the Christmas season. I did take a pass on the breakfast buffet, which cost 26 Euros pp, which I just refused to pay. Also the bellhops were incredibly helpful and amazingly nice, much more so than the stationed concierge in the lobby. I was looking for a hotel that was off the Ringstrasse for a little bit more quiet while I slept, yet still very close to the Inner Stadt, and the Intercontintenal totally fit that bill. It is literally across the street from the U-Bahn, and a short walk from the Wien Mitte station to catch the S-Bahn or the CAT. It is not much to look at from the outside, but the inside gives you that classical European feel.

Directions: Across from the Stadtpark, one block away from the Ringstrasse

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

5-star Luxury near Stadtpark

I typically do not get to visit many hotels in Austria because I usually stay with my wife's family when I visit. On this unique opportunity, I selected Vienna as the site for a very important conference that I coordinated for work.

At first glance, the hotel looks a bit worn down from the exterior, but upon closer inspection, you'll see that what looks like a dirty facade is actually a very delicate marble. The interior of this hotel is exquisitely ornate with a charmingly traditional motif. The service is fantastic and all the staff greeted me with courtesy and with a smile (perhaps because I spent a couple $100,000 there for my conference). The rooms in general were really nice, though small. I had a complimentary suite, but even that was relatively small compared to the suites of other European hotels I've been too. Rooms are very clean, some offer great views, and all rooms are equipped with broadband.

The hotel boasts three dining options. The Mediterraneo restaurant is the place for breakfast, lunch, or for dinner offering an impressive variety of food from which to choose during all hours. The breakfast and lunch buffets were quite impressive in terms of the maticulous prepartion of each morsel. The Café Vienna is a place to grab a late breakfast, or an afternoon coffee or tea. Then the Intermezzo Bar offers a variety of drinks, cigars, and live music. I suppose this last one is not really a dining option, but more of a lounge type.

The InterContinental Wien is a top choice when looking for the appropriate place to run that European business meeting. Its conference rooms, the services available, and the location make it superior. My favorite part of my conference experience is that they actually fulfilled my request to have Redbulls served at my meeting. There was not a soul sleeping! :)

Unique Quality: The InterContinental Wien offers much in terms of Viennese charm. The interior is exquisitely decorated in a traditional Viennese style and the 5-star service simply makes this hotel stand out. It's proximity to the Stadtpark, the 1st district, the city subway, and the ice-skating rink made this a very unique hotel. In terms of conference space, they have tons and with fantastic service! The price is a bit high, but for those willing to spend the money, or looking for a good venue for a business meeting, this place will not let you down!

Directions: Across the street from the Stadtpark

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

a Good city centre hotel

A very pleasent hotel if you can organise a room facing the park.

Unique Quality: Walk out of the door and across Johannesgasse and you will find yourself in an excellent park surrounded by trees and shubbery giving the impression you are out in the countyside.
    Vienna International Airport can be reached by City Airport Train within 16 minutes

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

Consistently good...

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Both times it exceeded my expectations. I like the size of the room and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The front desk is friendly and helpful. Vienna is so full of music, one time I came back to the hotel well past 11PM, the quartet in the lobby was still playing Mozart. Incidentally, this is where the OPEC holds the meeting when they are in Vienna, so if it is good enough for them, it is good enough for me! :0))

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hotel Inter-Continental Vienna

This to my eyes looks as the ugliest building in Vienna city. I mean, you hang around and enjoying beautiful architecture the whole day and then you have to go back to this hotel.

This of course is just my thoughts and not related anything to the good quality of this hotel.

Directions: Near the city park.

• Nothing to look outside, but brilliant inside

The building doesn't look that spectacular from outside, but wait until you get in.. it's very classy. Over 450 rooms will cater for every need and the location is central. We stayed in a Junior Suite and the room was all dreams come true, had separate room for clothes, living room, bedroom, bathroom with separate shower and wc. Also the Club Intercontinental is worth a try, and the view from their lounge is spectacular! Also the breakfast was excellent.

Unique Quality: Exceptional, friendly service and classy premises. We liked a lot!

• Magvictoria's Profile Photo

I liked it very much!!!

The location is excellent - it's about 5-7 minutes to reach the very centre.... and a metro station is just opposite to the hotel. We had a double room facing a skaterink and Karlskirche.
    They serve excellent breakfast!!Best I've ever had.
    The servise is great? the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: YOU CAN USE INTERNET BY the TV-set in your room!!!!!!
    The interior is very nice.....

Comments