Kirchberggasse 6-8, Vienna, Vienna, 1070, Austria

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• themajor's Profile Photo

A GOOD HOTEL - SPOT ON FOR SPITTELBERG!

A cut above the normal tourist class hotel in Vienna, the K&KMT has a modern interior and is great value for money. Although not dead centre, it is well situated a short walk from the Inner Ring, just behind the Natural History museum and Museums Quartier. With nice clean and comfortable rooms, lovely buffet breakfast and a bar ( 'er...not for breakfast though! ), It's in a pleasant part of the city and well situated for Christmas travellers who want to fall out of bed and head for the Spittelburg Market - which is, in my opinion is one of the very nicest. Plenty of tram/underground stops nearby for those wishing to go further afield.

The lack of a restaurant might prove a bit of a bind for those disinclined to go walking at night but the bar does serve hot snacks. In any case there are plenty of decent places where you can dine nearby. All in all a good choice in the middle range, and in the past there have been occasional 4 for 3 nights type bargains to be had! A good safe choice.

Directions: Stroll a short way behind the Naturhistorisches Museum and the Museumsquartier and you're there!

More about K+K Hotel Maria Theresia

K+K Maria Theresia – Even better in person!

by TripAdvisor Member XtallTraveler

Where do we begin? My sister and I spent the week after Thanksgiving in Vienna to see the Christmas markets and based on reviews from trip advisor opted to stay at the K+K Maria Theresia. From the moment we entered the hotel we found the staff friendly and welcoming. The lobby was inviting and our room was great and a lot larger than we expected. We loved the warm bathroom floors; especially when walking around in our stocking feet. The buffet breakfast offers quite a selection of hot and cold items so we started off each day well-fortified. The hotel is located on a quiet street, but you are never far away from shopping, restaurants (we enjoyed quite a pleasant meal at an Indian restaurant up the street), and the underground if you wished to go further a field. Room service was great and the staff that cleaned our room very efficient; having the room ready and waiting for us even after we’d returned to drop off purchases a few hours after leaving. We would highly recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone who finds themselves in Vienna and will definitely stay here again for our next visit!

Love the Maria Theresia

by TripAdvisor Member NatashaDublin

Myself and my husband stayed at the K+K Maria Theresia Vienna 27-29 January 2006 (due to the good comments on trip advisor). We got a taxi from the airport for €36 because we arrived late. On arrival to hotel I was nervous because it was down a side street but once inside I realised we'd made a good choice. Hotel is very modern and all staff are extremely friendly. There is a small bar but no restaurant, although they have a small food menu in the bar.
I would highly recommend an Italian restauarnt/pizzeria beside hotel called I RAGAZZI,(you may need to book it), it looks simple but has great food and really resonable, we had a 3 course meal with wine for €60. We ate there 3 times because it was so good so didn't miss a restaurant in the hotel at all. Hotel location is good, close to Museum Quarter but a good 15 minute walk to Stephens Catherdral but transport is very cheap. Also there's a great shopping street near hotel. If you want bars for young people go to the Bermuda Triangle, lots of Austrians out here. Then there's the Sky Bar on Stephensplatz but it's expensive at €11 for a vodka/coke and a little too posh for me.
The only bad thing I can say about the hotel was that there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom. Bear in mind when booking your trip to Vienna that it practically shuts down on a Sunday so save this day for sightseeing as no shops open.
If going back to Vienna I would stay in this hotel again.

very efficient staff

3 friends shared a comfortable room last week. The location was great-adjacent to spitleburg, which had a number of interesting cafes, short work to the shopping street, and to the U stations . Breakfasts were good, but above all, the staff were just great. I suffered from a bad back - and they took very good care of me. I had to stay in the hotel room to rest- and immediately, Maureena, the receptionist, sent me a kettle of hot water, lots of towels. She also arranged the sending of some of my stuff back home by post, so I need not carry them to the next country of destination. Cleofe, my countryman, who worked in the hotel restaurant, sent me a reflexologist. Overall the staff were super friendly and accomodating. I hope all K& K hotels all over are like this.I would put them on top of the list when choosing a hotel next time I get to travel again.

First K & K experience was a great one!

by TripAdvisor Member theatomicjeffTexas

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last week and enjoyed our stay very much. We found the hotel staff to be excellent; they were always helpful and accomodating. I found the room to be clean and more than adequate for our needs. The rooms were always made on time and the cleaning staff never intruded on us too early in the morning. Breakfasts were superb; items served were hot/cold cereals, bacon/eggs, meat cuts, variety of breads, juices and fruits, etc., If you can't find something you like then you're too picky. We had room service every night and found the dinner menu to offer enough variety for our 4-day stay. A coffee maker in the room would have been an added plus. Again, the staff was excellent in all categories.

You get a pretty good hotel here. The interior is better than exterior. I would definitely stay there again. I'm the type than can be happy with most Best Western chains and use them often to save vacation money to other vacation-related activities. This was my first K&K experience and I will use them again.

Great 60th Birthday

Stayed four days 9th Nov with family - wife and 3 daughters 15,17,33. All found stay really enjoyable. location great for me cos i wanted to visit museums. Ubahn & trams nearby as are very good & reasonable restaurants. Staff very friendly and attentive. beakfast just the job. Good, clean, well maintained rooms nice decor throughout(could do with tea/coffee maker). Not typical austrian I guess but good value if you can get the right package - I used expedia. all in all would definitely use again if chance arose

Would stay again

by TripAdvisor Member katehighlands

I booked this hotel through go-today.com for 3 nights and was very happy with the Spittelberg location (could walk to everything, lovely Christmas market), cleanliness (room and bathroom were extremely clean), and overall experience. The breakfast had a nice variety and the hotel is in a safe, quiet area. The hotel seemed well run and staff was helpful, although neither are overly warm. There is a free internet computer in the lobby, avail 24 hrs. Tip: if you want to take a tour of Vienna via tourbus, most likely you'll be picked up in a minivan, which will then shuttle you to a big tour bus at a central location. Verify how you will get back when the tour is over. When we finished the tour, we had to make our way back to the hotel via cab. Luckily we were prepared to do that.

Vienna, Opera and Museums, nice hotel also

by TripAdvisor Member unixman72000

We stayed in the Maria Theresia for a mid-week break, September 2005 just gone. Sorry about the long time to post now it's December, but this was a really nice hotel, just outside the city centre, but close enough for the museums and the opera. Now that's something I can really recommend! But back to the hotel, food excellent, rooms clean, bright and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. I can recommend this hotel either for business or holidays.

Good Solid Hotel Choice

by TripAdvisor Member Offseason

We stayed at the K&K Maria Theresia from 12/16/05 to 12/19/05.

Pros:

Quiet location just outside the “Ring”
Close to the subway station and trolley stops
Convenient access to the main train station (we took the subway)
Clean, high quality rooms
Good breakfast buffet
Free in room internet access
Good value

Cons:

We probably would have preferred being closer to Stephensplatz but that is a personal preference item
We had a reservation at the K&K Palais but they screwed up our reservation and had to taxi us (they paid for it) over to the K&K Maria Theresia. Other than losing thirty minutes in the shuffle, no big deal. They were very professional about the whole thing.

Summary and Tips

We would highly recommend the K&K Maria Theresia. The quiet seclusion with convenient transport access was great.

Comments