Klimt Hotel

Felbigergasse, 58, Vienna, 1140, Austria
Klimt Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Vienna

View of the Palace from the inner courtyardView of the Palace from the inner courtyard

BirdsBirds

Schottenkirche, Vienna, ATSchottenkirche, Vienna, AT

Penelope4, BorneoGrrlPenelope4, BorneoGrrl

flights from vienna to Innsbruck

by vpas

Has anyone used Air Berlin flights from vienna to innsbruck.it is working out cheaper than the train for me,but want to know if there are any catches.the baggage rule is not too clear.we have three suitcases roughly about 15 kgs each.
let me know if this is permissible.
regards,

by vpas

oops!just found out about their baggage policy and it suits us.any other catches,please let me know!

by Maryimelda

Don't forget to factor in the cost of transport to and from the airport at both ends.

by vpas

no,i cant take the flight,because they do not operate on the times that is convinient for us.otherwise,it is not exactly cheaper,but it would have made sense timewise.since we were going to do a whole of travel by train,i thought it is ok to miss the scenery once!but i do know how worthwhile the train journeys are for that matter.and truly agree with you peter.
secretly would be happy to go by train on the first day,since i can really catch up with my husband and son enroute!!!just sitting on the train.
AND THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS.
regards from India

by vpas

oh Peter,how I wish I had known about the starcity tickets earlier.i had written so many queries in the forums regarding my itenary and yours has been one of the best suggestions,unfortunately,i have already made my bookings.but am just trying to redo the hungary austria bit,but it will also affect my prague!i cannot do krakow earlier than planned too!!omg!really wish you had read my europe itenary questions.
anyways ... no point in regrets.will try to redo and get back to you.in any case my family and i would like to meet you if you have the time in budapest.let me know.
regards,
seetha

Travel Tips for Vienna

Immerse Yourself in Vienna

by Jmill42

Vienna is a city rich in culture and the arts. Devoid of pretense, the city allows you to become fully involved in all of its offerings.
Its long, storied history of musical and theoretical superiority is held onto tightly by all of its citizens. The city itself retains its grace and splendor, and evokes a dignified feeling from those who participate in the vast cultural experiences it offers.

From the great museums, enthralling operas, and engrossing musical scene, Vienna has something for all.

Super Great Times...

by coceng

Another photo of Joe & Axel.
Joe is a sports journalist (also compete in the World Judo Champinships !) & Axel works for a movie/theater company. He selects movies to be shown in Vienna.
Apart from my excursions around Vienna, we were also discussing which days I should be staying with EACH one of them; They were busy people.

Another photo of me & them; Different angle...

Natur Historische Museum

by bugulma

The history of the earth and the breathtaking variety of nature can be practically experienced due to 20 million objects: From insects to gemstones and minerals and pterodactyls, the Habsburgs united everything under the roof of this museum near the Imperial Palace. Numerous taxidermy specimens of animals that are either extinct or threatened with extinction make the collection all the more valuable.

At night walk around the streets...

by CandS

We walked along Karntnerstrasse to Stephanplatz. We found heaps of street performers including musicians, an opera singer and some dancers. It was great! You could walk around for hours and find something new on each block. Our little bit of culture for the night. ;)

A NICE ORCHESTRA

by Hosell

While we were visiting the Hofburg Palaces area,we saw this nice military orchestra.It seems that it was a National Holiday in Austria,and the president open his residence to the public,we saw a very large line full of people and asked,because we were trying to find the entrance to one of numerous museums there,finally I found the right entrance!.
Anyway the orchestra was playing very nice music!!!.

Comments