Vienna Hotels

Our Members Say

• Oleg_D. profile photo Oleg_D.
  • Reviews: 555

Excelent place for culture raids!: Fleming’s Deluxe Hotel Wien-City

I stayed in Fleming’s Deluxe Hotel for four nights in January 2014. I stayed in single room. I can say that room was big enough with everything necessary to comfortable living conditions. Bed was quite comfortable and convenient to have good sleeping. There was the TV set, air conditioner and central heating system. So, there was quite warm in the room and I have opportunity to regulate the climate in my room. Big wardrobe was equipped with the safe. Shower cabin was big and spacious.
Restaurant was excellent with plentiful and delicious food and drinks.
I should specially say that all staff at reception desk and restaurant spoke fluent English, was very polite and very helpful.
Hotel itself is situated in the central part of Vienna near the parliament and city hall. Metro station “Rathouse” is situated in two minutes walking distance from the hotel. And it took only fifteen minutes to get Kunsthistorische Museum or Hoffburg by walk. So, I’m totally satisfied and I can say I had pleasant stay in that hotel.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Museum Visits, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 14, 2014

• Odiseya profile photo Odiseya
  • Reviews: 656

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Porzellaneum: Old dormitory

In this year (2013) I was visit city twice but only once stay here and for only one night because I was on my road trip to Balaton lake region in Hungary (according my trip plan). It is also one old building from 19th century, nice and during school time is dormitory.

Why stay here:
1. Location - near Old city center
2. Services - good communicative and friendly, 24/7 services, informative and all spoke English (but in person, because I dint receive answer on my email question). You get a free map and some info brochures. Staff very helpful!
3. Luggage storage - free
4. Nice architecture of building with relaxing backyard with tables insides (fantastic!!!)
5. Nice snack bar with low costs.
6. Sink in room, clean and new (no bathroom).

Why not stay here (much more reasons, unfortunate):
1. Room are dirty and near window and on floor below window I notice a blood stain and on sheet on bed (awful and frightening!). They left new bedclothes, so that was good.
2. Bathrooms and toilets are shared and in time of my visit, toilets near by was completely out of work.
3. Noise - from outside (because is metro station and street near by) and inside (about in 3 h in morning some guest are yelling, I guess under the influence of alcohol. But I dint scare, it seems to be on different floor).
4. WiFi is available in all areas and costs EUR 1 per hour (unfortunate, I dint turn of WiFi searching on my notebook when I put to charge and it was completely "frozen" - still not sure what happens and guys on front desk cannot be able to repair because they dint know what happens). Internet are free in one of sharing room near front desk but in that time internet access was broke.
5. Crazy neighbors - in building across my room people seems to dint know for curtains (I respect, just I was surprise - dint stare, of course.)
6. View - road and neighbors, so no thanks!
7. Location: no near other public transportation so I need to walk a lot from metro station to hostel
8. Price - confusion with booking, otherwise, as I notice - less expensive then average
9. Check in time - not 10 or 11:30 as you can find online (and that was one of reason that I choose this place on first time), then in 14
10. No parking available
11. I was have small confusion about two stairs and one time I enter in garden instead of front desk (funny story, dint happens again)
12. No elevator
13. Old furniture

Nice backyard and cheap snack bar.

• Related to: Singles, Study Abroad, School Holidays
  • Written October 9, 2013

Hostel Porzellaneum

• aaaarrgh profile photo aaaarrgh
  • Reviews: 540

Hotel Mocca: Inexpensive, well-located and stylish hotel

It is amazing what an unusual front door and a lick of lime green paint can do for first impressions! However, Hotel Mocca is very stylish, clean and friendly. It is very well located for the main Westbahnhof railway station and 5 minutes from the Neubaugasse and Pilgramgasse U-bahn stations. Unusually for a hotel, our room was far bigger than it looked on the photos. We booked through Booking.com a couple of months in advance (and I notice rooms book up very quickly, particularly for weekends). Costs range from around 50 euros per night for a single room down to 25 euros each if you share a four person room. Free wifi included. An ample buffet breakfast is an extra 6.90 euros each per day. Otherwise there are shops for cakes and drinks nearby on the street.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written September 15, 2013

lime green door

Hotel am Konzerthaus, Vienna: Second Great Stay

We stayed in the Hotel am Konzerthaus for the second time this summer. The hotel is in an excellent location. It is close to Wein Mitte S-bahn, U-bahn (less than10 mins away). It is close to Stadtpark u-bahn (5 mins way) and Karlkirche u-bahn (10 minutes away). The hotel is excellent for exploring sights on the ring. It is easy to walk to the Stadtpark, Karlskirche, the Russian fountain, Belvedere Palace etc. There is a Spar and a Billa supermarket near the hotel (both on a street behind - the Spar is signposted). There are restaurants nearby,

Check in was very friendly (same man who checked us in last year). Our room was clean and comfortable, We had tea/coffee making facilities - quite a good selection of teas were provided. We had an in-room safe and a fridge/minibar.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel. It was pretty expensive at 18 Euros per person. We just bought stuff from the Spar instead. We did use the hotel bar which was small, nicely decorated and staffed by pleasant, friendly staff.

The room was lovely and quiet and we slept well.

The hotel provided free internet and it worked well. Check out was quick and efficient.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Konzerthaus, Vienna: Extremely Comfortable Stay.

We recently spent two nights at the Hotel Konzerthaus Vienna. To reach the hotel from the airport travel to Wien Mitte either by CAT or Schnell Bahn, then change to the U4 line and travel one stop to Stad Park. Exit the Johannesgasse exit, turn left onto Am Heumarkt, cross the road and go right the hotel is only five minutes walk away.

When we checked in, the man on reception was very welcoming, friendly and helpful, giving us a free city map, tourist leaflets and offering information about what to see and how to get around.

Our room was on the fourth floor it was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, so comfortable it was tempting to go to sleep for two whole days!! The room also had tea/coffee making facilities and an in room safe.

Small bottles of l'occitane shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower gel were provided in the bathroom together with soap, cotton wool, cotton buds, a nail file and a shower cap.

The room had lots of storage space.

We did not eat at the hotel, but it did have a restaurant and bar. There were two supermarkets very close to the hotel - walk back towards the Stadt Park underground and follow the signs to the Spar. There was a Billa further along the same street. There were several restaurants on Am Heumarkt and more in the Stadt Park.

If you went out the hotel and went the opposite way from the Stadt Park you could quickly reach the Ring and were within very easy walking distance to the Opera, Albertina, Karl's Kirche, the fountain to the Russian heroes, the Belvedere. The location of the hotel was excellent for sightseeing.

Our room had an air-conditioner.

Internet access was free and the connection was very reliable in our room. Computers and a printer were provided downstairs (I assume free of charge, though we did not use them).

I would be delighted to stay here again and heartily recommend it.

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mercure Josefshof Hotel: Great Stay.

We recently spent three nights in the Mercure Josefshof Hotel, Vienna. The hotel is in an excellent location for sightseeing being almost on Vienna's famous ring. However, it is located up a small side street ensuring it is nice and quiet at night.

To get there we took the schnellbahn from the airport to the Prater Station then changed to the U2 line and got off at Rathaus Station. You will arrive on the opposite side of the road from the rathaus. If you are facing the rathaus go right, you will cross Josefs Strasse then arrive at a smaller lane called Josefs Gasse. The hotel is on this lane.

Check in was friendly and efficient. Free maps and tourist leaflets were given to us without us having to ask. Our room was on the top floor of the hotel so had characterful sloping ceilings. The room was clean and comfortable. We had quite a large balcony with a table and chairs where we occasionally sat to enjoy the rain!!! The room had an in-room safe, plenty of storage space, no tea/coffee making facilities. There were some handy heated pipes in the bathroom for drying our wet clothes.

The hotel had a restaurant which we did not use. There were plenty of places to eat nearby. We did not track down a nearby supermarket, though there may have been one we missed.

Our bed was very comfortable and we always had a good night's sleep.

Internet access was free in the hotel for the first 72 hours of your stay, i.e. our whole stay. Just ask for a password downstairs at reception. However, the service was a bit unreliable; it came and went. Whenever we went down and complained, reception tried very hard to remedy the problem. They claimed they were intending to improve their system.

Check-out was quick and efficient and the bill was correct.

I would happily stay here again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

• Written June 22, 2013

• gaolei profile photo gaolei
  • Reviews: 287

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Adlon Hotel: A Small 3 Star Hotel In Vienna

This is a nice little hotel, a real surprise. It is clean, quiet hotel with a friendly staff. The rooms are big enough, and very clean. The breakfast is excellent for such a small hotel.

Like many three star hotels in Europe, the bed is not very plush. The king size bed is actually 2 small beds pushed together with no single bed sheet, It has 2 separate duvets that are a little small. The pillows were flat and not quite comfortable.

The best part of the hotel is the staff. They are extremely helpful and friendly. They knew the local restaurants and their recommendations were very good.

The hotel is also near the Prather subway station. This station provides access to both U1 and U2 lines.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written June 10, 2013

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1106

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

AO Hostel: How not to run a hostel...

I just dont understand people who open up hostels that dont have a clue how hostels should be run.
I shouldnt seen the signs as we were queing to check in, the couple in front were complaining about their booking being cocked up.
So ,we went to check in and the girl asked me 4 times how many people. She even asked me after i'd paid her the cash!
Her english was bad and she asked for my passport twice.
The hostel itself, whilst it tries hard, with a bar, common area, WIFI, Tv etc, and the rooms are decent enough with ensuite, the hostel lacks atmosphere and friendliness and you would never meet people here, It was incredibly noisy at night with doors slamming and people just shouting.
Its located at Burgasse Stadhalle, near Westbnahof, not too far from the centre.
It was 38 euros for 2 of us, including 3 euros each for bedding for a dorm bed.

• Written January 6, 2013

• Airpunk profile photo Airpunk
  • Reviews: 2211

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arion Hotel: Not that close to the airport...

Well, someone might sell you the Arion Hotel as a hotel close to the airport. Indeed, it is a 10-15 minute drive from the airport away. That means that unless you have a car or want to pay an extra 20 EUR taxi drive (one way!) for a stay in a medium-range hotel, the argument of a proximity to the airport is not valid after all. There is a hotel shuttle service, however it is not included in the price if you have booked one of the lower price offers. As it is organized by a taxi company, paying for the service for yourself is no option compared to an ordinary taxi ride.
The hotel itself is okay with clean, modern rooms and a cold breakfast buffet with a huge choice. The restaurant was a little overpriced, but still OK to enjoy a drink at the bar in the evening. The staff is friendly, but I was disappointed when I asked at the reception for a direction to the nearest public transport station. The first lady did not speak any English or German and called her colleague. Together, they figured out (using a Slavic language I did not understand) how to get there, gave me a map of the area and sent me to the completely wrong direction. Only with the help of the map, I noticed the mistake and picked up the right way again. Other people at the reception seemed to be more competent. One bonus on the reception is that they sell snacks (like crisps and chocolate bars), soft drinks and beer 24 hrs.
That said, there is a public transport option – but a 15 minute walk away. I do not recommend this walk to everyone, especially not to people with heavy luggage or those who are scared of lonely areas around train stations and bridges in the hours of darkness.
I do not think that I will choose the Arion next time I arrive in Vienna. Surely, it will rather be a place with a better connection to public transport.

• Written July 10, 2012

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Puzzlehotel Appartement Schoenbrunn: Apartment near Schoenbrunn

I had two guests and although I have an apartment, I decided to look for a place where we all can stay because one of my guests snores very loud. I found one with two bedrooms and I was impressed with the photos. When we checked in, we were pleased that the terrace, the living room, the kitchen, the dining room and the bathroom were quite nice and spacious.

The kitchen with tea-making facilities, dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, cutlery, free water, juices, etc., was quite okay. What I liked most is the place's proximity to Schoenbrunn. We watched one of the yearly spectacles and it was so good to reach Schoenbrunn and our place in just a few minutes on foot.

Breakfast at the terrace was also quite nice. We liked the trees, the humming birds, the quiet neighbourhood and the free wifi.

• Written June 14, 2012
Tip Photo

kitchen with cups, plates, etc

• croisbeauty profile photo croisbeauty
  • Reviews: 7367

Sacher: 5 stars indeed

I didn't stay in this hotel (wasn't overnight in Vienna) but since it's among the best hotels in the world will offer a few tips to those who might be interested.
Hotel Sacher is perfectly located, right opposite to the Staatsoper (the Opera House) and very close to Ringstrasse and Kartnerstarsse, which are the shopping Mecca of Vienna.
Besides usual 5 stars hotel facilities, Hotel Sacher offer this one two:
- facilities for disabled people
- soundproofed rooms
- allergy-free rooms
- babysitting
- airport shuttle

Now, the question is, is it expensive accomadation, or yes definatelly. To me it is very expensive, to some other people maybe it isn't.
The accomodation for two persons is as following:
- superior room € 385

Hotel Sacher

• Mooball profile photo Mooball
  • Reviews: 5

Apartment Beethoven: Vienna's Best Studio Apartments

Apartment Beethoven is a self contained studio apartment with excellent amenities in the 3rd district of Vienna. It is very cosy with modern tv and electrical appliances. There is a tram stop almost outside the door and only 10-15 minutes walking distance to the inner city. Susanne Frid who owns this studio is a charming lady and extremely helpful. We stayed 11 nights in this studio and one night in Apartment Haydn which is a few buildings away. I would recommend this studio very highly to couples. There is a lift. Apartment is on the 4th floor.

The apartment is very comfortable and I loved the street scenes with trams etc. Apartment gets the early morning sun and is very charming. It is so close to the inner stadt and so easy to get anywhere by tram, bus or underground. The prices are very reasonable. In all there are four apartments owned by Susanne.

• Related to: Music, Castles and Palaces, Architecture
  • Written August 17, 2011

• MichaelFalk1969 profile photo MichaelFalk1969
  • Reviews: 2015

the rooms B&B: the rooms B&B

In short: A fabulous B&B with beautiful rooms in a location with great public transport connections (5 minutes walk to the next underground stop). Great breakfast, too. I sincerely recommend this friendly B&B.

economic - cozy rooms - good transport connections - located in quiet residential area

• Written June 30, 2011

• klasher profile photo klasher
  • Reviews: 213

Best Western Das Tigra: Quiet Location but Central

This hotel is located on a quiet residential street just a couple to blocks from St Stephen's Cathedral and the Hofburg Palace. The rooms had all the comforts one would expect from an American Style hotel. The U bahn is a 3 minute walk away. This was our last stop on our European trip and opted for a cab to take us to the airport. The fare was 50 Euros for 2 persons. We payed US $140 a night + breakfast.

• Written January 26, 2011

• Tanechka profile photo Tanechka
  • Reviews: 382

Carlton Opera: Nightingale song

This quite and not so much expensive hotel in the center of the city is a good choice for those who came to stay in Vienna.

So that we were in the hotel in June , we were lucky to sleep under the Nightingale song.
It's very rear for the big city.

• Related to: Family Travel, Museum Visits