Vienna Hotels

• Odiseya profile photo Odiseya
  • Reviews: 904

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Porzellaneum: Old dormitory

In this year (2013) I was visit city twice but only once stay here and for only one night because I was on my road trip to Balaton lake region in Hungary (according my trip plan). It is also one old building from 19th century, nice and during school time is dormitory.

Why stay here:
1. Location - near Old city center
2. Services - good communicative and friendly, 24/7 services, informative and all spoke English (but in person, because I didn't receive any answer on my email question). You get a free map and some info brochures. Staff very helpful!
3. Luggage storage - free
4. Nice architecture of building with relaxing backyard with tables insides (fantastic!!!)
5. Nice snack bar with low costs.
6. Sink in room, clean and new (no bathroom).

Why not stay here (much more reasons, unfortunate):
1. Room are dirty and near window and on floor below window I notice a blood stain and on sheet on bed (awful and frightening!). They left new bedclothes, so that was good.
2. Bathrooms and toilets are shared and in time of my visit, toilets near by was completely out of work.
3. Noise - from outside (because is metro station and street near by) and inside (about in 3 h in morning some guest are yelling, I guess under the influence of alcohol. But I dint scare, it seems to be on different floor).
4. WiFi is available in all areas and costs EUR 1 per hour (unfortunate, I dint turn of WiFi searching on my notebook when I put to charge and it was completely "frozen" - still not sure what happens and guys on front desk cannot be able to repair because they dint know what happens). Internet are free in one of sharing room near front desk but in that time internet access was broke.
5. Crazy neighbors - in building across my room people seems to dint know for curtains (I respect, just I was surprise - dint stare, of course.)
6. View - road and neighbors, so no thanks!
7. Location: no near other public transportation so I need to walk a lot from metro station to hostel
8. Price - confusion with booking, otherwise, as I notice - less expensive then average
9. Check in time - not 10 or 11:30 as you can find online (and that was one of reason that I choose this place on first time), then in 14
10. No parking available
11. I was have small confusion about two stairs and one time I enter in garden instead of front desk (funny story, didn't happens again)
12. No elevator
13. Old furniture

Nice backyard and cheap snack bar.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Singles, School Holidays, Study Abroad
  • Written October 9, 2013

Hostel Porzellaneum

• aaaarrgh profile photo aaaarrgh
  • Reviews: 543

Hotel Mocca: Inexpensive, well-located and stylish hotel

It is amazing what an unusual front door and a lick of lime green paint can do for first impressions! However, Hotel Mocca is very stylish, clean and friendly. It is very well located for the main Westbahnhof railway station and 5 minutes from the Neubaugasse and Pilgramgasse U-bahn stations. Unusually for a hotel, our room was far bigger than it looked on the photos. We booked through Booking.com a couple of months in advance (and I notice rooms book up very quickly, particularly for weekends). Costs range from around 50 euros per night for a single room down to 25 euros each if you share a four person room. Free wifi included. An ample buffet breakfast is an extra 6.90 euros each per day. Otherwise there are shops for cakes and drinks nearby on the street.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written September 15, 2013

lime green door

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1250

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

AO Hostel: How not to run a hostel...

I just dont understand people who open up hostels that dont have a clue how hostels should be run.
I shouldnt seen the signs as we were queing to check in, the couple in front were complaining about their booking being cocked up.
So ,we went to check in and the girl asked me 4 times how many people. She even asked me after i'd paid her the cash!
Her english was bad and she asked for my passport twice.
The hostel itself, whilst it tries hard, with a bar, common area, WIFI, Tv etc, and the rooms are decent enough with ensuite, the hostel lacks atmosphere and friendliness and you would never meet people here, It was incredibly noisy at night with doors slamming and people just shouting.
Its located at Burgasse Stadhalle, near Westbnahof, not too far from the centre.
It was 38 euros for 2 of us, including 3 euros each for bedding for a dorm bed.

• Written January 6, 2013

• Airpunk profile photo Airpunk
  • Reviews: 2242

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arion Hotel: Not that close to the airport...

Well, someone might sell you the Arion Hotel as a hotel close to the airport. Indeed, it is a 10-15 minute drive from the airport away. That means that unless you have a car or want to pay an extra 20 EUR taxi drive (one way!) for a stay in a medium-range hotel, the argument of a proximity to the airport is not valid after all. There is a hotel shuttle service, however it is not included in the price if you have booked one of the lower price offers. As it is organized by a taxi company, paying for the service for yourself is no option compared to an ordinary taxi ride.
The hotel itself is okay with clean, modern rooms and a cold breakfast buffet with a huge choice. The restaurant was a little overpriced, but still OK to enjoy a drink at the bar in the evening. The staff is friendly, but I was disappointed when I asked at the reception for a direction to the nearest public transport station. The first lady did not speak any English or German and called her colleague. Together, they figured out (using a Slavic language I did not understand) how to get there, gave me a map of the area and sent me to the completely wrong direction. Only with the help of the map, I noticed the mistake and picked up the right way again. Other people at the reception seemed to be more competent. One bonus on the reception is that they sell snacks (like crisps and chocolate bars), soft drinks and beer 24 hrs.
That said, there is a public transport option – but a 15 minute walk away. I do not recommend this walk to everyone, especially not to people with heavy luggage or those who are scared of lonely areas around train stations and bridges in the hours of darkness.
I do not think that I will choose the Arion next time I arrive in Vienna. Surely, it will rather be a place with a better connection to public transport.

• Written July 10, 2012

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Puzzlehotel Appartement Schoenbrunn: Apartment near Schoenbrunn

I had two guests and although I have an apartment, I decided to look for a place where we all can stay because one of my guests snores very loud. I found one with two bedrooms and I was impressed with the photos. When we checked in, we were pleased that the terrace, the living room, the kitchen, the dining room and the bathroom were quite nice and spacious.

The kitchen with tea-making facilities, dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, cutlery, free water, juices, etc., was quite okay. What I liked most is the place's proximity to Schoenbrunn. We watched one of the yearly spectacles and it was so good to reach Schoenbrunn and our place in just a few minutes on foot.

Breakfast at the terrace was also quite nice. We liked the trees, the humming birds, the quiet neighbourhood and the free wifi.

• Written June 14, 2012
Tip Photo

kitchen with cups, plates, etc

• croisbeauty profile photo croisbeauty
  • Reviews: 7510

Sacher: 5 stars indeed

I didn't stay in this hotel (wasn't overnight in Vienna) but since it's among the best hotels in the world will offer a few tips to those who might be interested.
Hotel Sacher is perfectly located, right opposite to the Staatsoper (the Opera House) and very close to Ringstrasse and Kartnerstarsse, which are the shopping Mecca of Vienna.
Besides usual 5 stars hotel facilities, Hotel Sacher offer this one two:
- facilities for disabled people
- soundproofed rooms
- allergy-free rooms
- babysitting
- airport shuttle

Now, the question is, is it expensive accomadation, or yes definatelly. To me it is very expensive, to some other people maybe it isn't.
The accomodation for two persons is as following:
- superior room € 385

Hotel Sacher

• Mooball profile photo Mooball
  • Reviews: 5

Apartment Beethoven: Vienna's Best Studio Apartments

Apartment Beethoven is a self contained studio apartment with excellent amenities in the 3rd district of Vienna. It is very cosy with modern tv and electrical appliances. There is a tram stop almost outside the door and only 10-15 minutes walking distance to the inner city. Susanne Frid who owns this studio is a charming lady and extremely helpful. We stayed 11 nights in this studio and one night in Apartment Haydn which is a few buildings away. I would recommend this studio very highly to couples. There is a lift. Apartment is on the 4th floor.

The apartment is very comfortable and I loved the street scenes with trams etc. Apartment gets the early morning sun and is very charming. It is so close to the inner stadt and so easy to get anywhere by tram, bus or underground. The prices are very reasonable. In all there are four apartments owned by Susanne.

• Related to: Castles and Palaces, Music, Architecture
  • Written August 17, 2011

• MichaelFalk1969 profile photo MichaelFalk1969
  • Reviews: 2068

the rooms B&B: the rooms B&B

In short: A fabulous B&B with beautiful rooms in a location with great public transport connections (5 minutes walk to the next underground stop). Great breakfast, too. I sincerely recommend this friendly B&B.

economic - cozy rooms - good transport connections - located in quiet residential area

• Written June 30, 2011

• klasher profile photo klasher
  • Reviews: 213

Best Western Das Tigra: Quiet Location but Central

This hotel is located on a quiet residential street just a couple to blocks from St Stephen's Cathedral and the Hofburg Palace. The rooms had all the comforts one would expect from an American Style hotel. The U bahn is a 3 minute walk away. This was our last stop on our European trip and opted for a cab to take us to the airport. The fare was 50 Euros for 2 persons. We payed US $140 a night + breakfast.

• Written January 26, 2011

• Tanechka profile photo Tanechka
  • Reviews: 382

Carlton Opera: Nightingale song

This quite and not so much expensive hotel in the center of the city is a good choice for those who came to stay in Vienna.

So that we were in the hotel in June , we were lucky to sleep under the Nightingale song.
It's very rear for the big city.

• Related to: Family Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written January 19, 2011
Tip Photo

• berenices profile photo berenices
  • Reviews: 206

City Hotel Albrecht: Excellent place close to the airport

We were arriving on a late flight, and flying out the following morning, so needed a place that was quite close to the airport -- and this hotel offered an excellent alternative and a pleasant stay. The location is only 3 stops from the Vienna airport, although there is a bit of walk, about 250 meters from the train station.

It is not a fancy place, but everything was comfortable, new, and very clean. The room we had was spacious, the beds comfortable, had a flatscreen TV with plenty of channels to choose from, and a minibar whose contents were not outrageously priced. The most memorable part of this stay was the breakfast which is simply outstanding, and hard to beat. I have stayed in hundreds of places, but this ranks as one of the best -- in terms of choices and of quality of food, of service. They will serve you, if you do not prefer the buffet, whatever you request in the way you want it done, e.g. cheese omelette or soft boiled eggs, or a sandwich, among others, without additional payment! The service staff were nice, efficient, and fast. The breakfast place itself is in a tastefully designed place, with plenty of light -- in short, breakfast here was just perfect!

The only downside was that the front desk staff did not speak English, and we had to call several times from our point of origin to find an english speaking staff to explain that we were arriving late. As check-in was only until 22:00, we were not sure how we could get inside. When we arrived though, we saw the key to our room posted on the hotel entrance, with our name on it. It seems this was their practice, as we also saw one addressed to another late coming guest. Another downside was that they could not give us precise directions to reach the hotel from the train station, so it was quite troublesome for us as we were lugging our luggages and late night at that, with nobody in the street to inquire from. It was quite confusing as well because near the station were relatively wide open space, and it was not so easy to located the street name and building number.

In any case, for those who decide to stay in this place, if taking the train from the airport, the way is to go left of the direction of the train (the other side where there is a gas station is already Vienna side, not Schwechat where the hotel is), and go for a bit over a couple of hundred meters crossing about 3 short blocks. If you see a kind of bar restaurant on a big corner lot, the hotel is already close, but keep to the main road.

In short, I would highly recommend this hotel for a quick, convenient, and nice stay.

the BREAKFAST! if only for the breakfast, this hotel is worth staying at. the raves were indeed true!

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 14, 2010

• selmaa profile photo selmaa
  • Reviews: 1

Vienna`s apartments

We enjoyed our stay in Vienna, this such lovely city, especially with this great apartment in the center of Vienna - it was very clean and we are a little bit like at home in this apartment. All was fine and we`ll come for sure back.

• Written September 3, 2010

• EvaLuna67 profile photo EvaLuna67
  • Reviews: 11

Hotel Altstadt Vienna: Boutique hotel in Vienna's oldest district

Art – combined with old fashioned charm and uniqueness! A carefully renovated patrician house from the 19th century accommodates the 4-star hotel, which is located in one of Vienna’s oldest districts, the Spittelberg. It offers both, a historic ambiance and a close location to the city.

Charming hotel in a very unique location - yet within walking distance of the Museumsquartier.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Women's Travel
  • Written July 9, 2010
Tip Photo

• esksjo profile photo esksjo
  • Reviews: 1

SleepingInVienna.com: Fair option, pay same price up to 4 people

My husband, son and I just visited Vienna for a three day trip. We found this apartment to rent on VRBO.com Website. The apartment has just been remodeled, and we found it to be a good value for our money. There is a tram stop right in front of the apartment that brings you directly into the first district (Schottentor). Only minutes walking, there was a market - I think it was called the Brunnen market or so. One feature that we also really liked was the free wifi internet. If we come back to visit, we will def. stay there again.

free WIFI-connection

• Written August 28, 2009

• Ina08 profile photo Ina08
  • Reviews: 21

Apollogasse 15 - top 12 - 1070 Wien: Appartment in Vienna- Reside with Style

This furnished 90 qm apartment in a palace from 1880, with original chimney, doubble doors, parquet and 2 bed-rooms offer any comfort for 1-5 persons. Situated in a quiet street in the Center of Vienna. A good alternative for those who prefer self catering and the comfort of more space.

It features: TV Cabel, DVD, CD, Tel, free charge internet DSL Wirless Router, washing-machine, dishwasher etc.

• Written February 1, 2009