Value Score Average Value
Good For Solo
Near the Westbahnhof (train station west)
The location is perfect if you are arriving or departing from Westbahnhof. The room I stayed in was the poorest so far from the Accor hotels I've stayed in so far. But the breakfast was great! Smelled nice, well-presented, and tasted very good!
Unique Quality: Near the train station, quiet. From Westbahnhof, you can take the bus to the Vienna International Airport. The trains go to neighbouring countries of Austria. A very convenient location.
Directions: Underground train station U3. Near Mariahilferstrasse - the longest shopping street in Vienna.
A bit of a dissapointment
I am an Accor chain of hotels fan. So I have obviously got the internet special price for a stay in one Mercure hotel in Vienna (out of five in the city). Mercure is a four star hotel so I've expected much. My dissapointments are the following:
1. We were not asked if we want a non-smoking room and we got a room on one smoking floor, so that in the midnight when a fellow neighbour decided to have a cigar you can smell the smoke,
2. There is NO WiFi in every room as written in the description of the hotel - you can come with your laptop in the lobby and have to pay 8eur/hour (!!), or wait indefinitely to catch the online desktop computer available;
3. The carpet in the room was very used and gives an impression of a three star hotel near a train station (though we were near a train station - but hey it's a four star hotel not so cheap);
4. Parking was 15eur/night .. wow that's a rip off .. 75eur just the parking.
So maybe you might want to try other hotels like Novotel (also four star Accor hotel).
Just next door to Westbahnhof
Hotel Dorint is a newly built hotel inside a traditional building just a few meters from Vienna's biggest trainstation "Westbahnhof"
Unique Quality: You simply get out of the train and take the exit on the upper level on the left, or you go down the escalator and turn to the left in front of the station.
about 100 meters to walk from there and cross 1 street.
Just opposite the hotel you can take tram 18 to Belvedere
or the subway to the opera
On my pic : The big parking in front of Westbahnhof with the hotel in the background !
Directions: Just about 100 meters from the trainstation "Wien Westbahnhof"
Popular Hotels in Vienna
Philharmonikerstrasse 4, Vienna, Vienna
Kaerntner Ring 16, Vienna, Vienna
Mariahilferstrasse 15, Vienna, Vienna
Kaerntner Ring 9, Vienna, Vienna
Explore the World
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Panama City Beach
- Monticello Inn - A Kimpton Hotel
- Holiday Inn Park View
- Quality Inn and Conference Center
- Renaissance Alexandria Egypt
- Celebrity Resorts Lake Buena Vista
- Hotel Nikko Mexico
- Mayan Palace Puerto Penasco
- Tempo Miami, A RockResort
- Rydges Reef Resort Port Douglas
- Holiday Inn Agra
- Harrahs Hotel Laughlin
- Microtel Inn & Suites Mactan
- Buffalo Bill's Hotel and Casino