NH Vienna-Airport

DAO's Profile Photo

IN THE AIRPORT

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2013

This excellent hotel is practically inside Vienna Airport. To get to it you simply walk out of the Departures Hall and go across a car parking area. It is really that convenient. The quick overview is that it offers: good rooms (on the right side of the building), restaurant, bar, quiet night’s sleep and even a train link to Vienna itself. All at the airport. In terms of my stay, I walked into the large reception area and was greeted warmly. I was given a run-down room on the left hand side of the building in a smoking room. After returning to reception I was given a non-smoking room on the right hand side of the building. These rooms are modern, beautiful and several times better than the smoking rooms. If you smoke I would recommend you smoke outside to take advantage of the better rooms.

My room was just warm and inviting. My large bed felt comfortable. Check! I had a desk, coffee/tea making facilities and a reasonable TV. There was also a sort of neat living room chair that had a small folding desk attached as well. My nice closet held plenty of hanging space, mini-bar, safe, place to put a suitcase, drawers, even some nice wine glasses. My room also had mirrors, several lamps and a telephone. The bathroom was awesome. It had mirrors, including a shaving mirror, nice bath, good shower, great towels and some very good toiletries. I really liked my bathroom. There was even another telephone in there.

The best part was a good night’s sleep. With a very comfortable bed, fully climate controlled room and sound-proofed windows – I never heard the airport. Fantastic.

In the very bottom of the hotel is a modern gym, sauna and steam bath. Entering the massive lobby/open bar area you find – well – the bar! Lively at night and opens first thing in the morning (9am). Nothing like a beer for breakfast before a VT Euro Meeting! They also have a nice looking restaurant called "Mundo" serving an upscale and international menu.

I stayed here one night because I we flying to Macedonia for a fantastic VT Euro Meeting. When I realised the only flights I could book left me in Vienna overnight I wanted something convenient, comfortable and quiet. It was. And the other great thing was when I returned, they were willing to hold onto my suitcase during a long layover. I was able to walk to the train (100 meters) and go into Vienna for a few hours of sightseeing. I just asked when I stayed and confirmed the day I was coming back to the airport. I tipped them a small amount for letting me do this. Great service.

Unique Quality:
ROOMS
All rooms have air conditioning, minibar, 2 telephones, safe, satellite TV soundproofed windows, modern bathroom with bathtub/shower and very good mattresses. There are 2 categories of rooms:
• Standard Room
22.50 sq. m. (including bathroom). Free WiFi only in common areas
• Superior Room
28 sq. m. (including bathroom). Free WiFi, free entry into gym/sauna and 20% discount off in the bar & restaurant

FOOD & DRINK
• "Mundo" International Restaurant
• Buffet Restaurant
• Bar (seems to have no name!) looks like a library & piano bar. Lighter meals
• Dinning Terrace (Summer only)
• VIP Lounge

FACILITIES
• Gym, sauna and steam room and a message service
• Business Conference facilities (up to 600 people)
• Ice machines

Penelope4's Profile Photo

hotel at the Vienna Int'l airport

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 10, 2011

The location is great if you arrive late or if you need to fly out very early in the morning. I have no idea if somebody wanted to ruin the reputation of this hotel or the Night Manager was out of duty on the night I stayed there (January 14, 2011). At around 11 p.m., just when I have fallen asleep, came the pounding noise. The doors do not have anything where you can see who is outside. The mad person pounded on the door of almost all rooms. When it was my turn, I shouted back. The noise stopped for a while then it did the same on the neighbouring room. What a waste of money for me to stay in a hotel hoping that I will feel relaxed when I take my early morning flight. Never again.

Unique Quality: A stone away from the airport.

The best bed I've had. The bed is excellent for the back and neck.

Directions: At the Vienna International Airport

BillNJ's Profile Photo

Across the Street from the Airport

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 25, 2010

For my last night in Vienna (after my short trips to Budapest and Bratislava), I booked a room in the NH Vienna Airport Hotel -- primarily because my departing flight the next morning was scheduled for 6:25 a.m. I booked the hotel through hotels.com --- and received a discounted rate of USD $101.42 (including taxes and fees).

For my purposes, the location of the hotel certainly did not disappoint. The hotel is directly across the street from the airport -- so it is only a 2-minute walk from the hotel entrance to the airport entrance. Furthermore, the hotel is across the street from the stop for the airport buses and the airport bahnhof station (train station) from which you can easily travel to Vienna's city center.

As an added bonus, my bus from Bratislava to Vienna (which only cost 6 Euros) stopped at the airport directly across the street from the hotel.

While location is the biggest draw of this hotel, the facilities are also quite nice. My room was tastefully decorated with an emphasis on functionality -- and the bed was extremely comfortable. Also, the attendants for check-in and check-out were both efficient and friendly.

Since I did not eat at the hotel, I cannot comment on the breakfast or the restaurant. However, before retiring for bed, I had a beer at the hotel bar -- which is nice (albeit a little expensive).

My one complaint would be that there was a per-minute charge to connect to the internet with the hotel's computer. If you have your own computer, there is free Wi-Fi available.

In a nutshell, I was very satisfied with the convenient location for the purpose of my 1-night stay-- and would definitely consider staying here again if I have a very early flight departing from Vienna Airport.

Unique Quality: Extremely convenient location across the street from Vienna Airport, the airport bus station (including the airport bus from Bratislava), and the airport bahnhof (train station).

Directions: Across the street from Vienna Airport.

rcsparty's Profile Photo

Travellers convenience

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 26, 2006

The NH Vienna has gone through a complete facelift over the last couple years, and is great for travellers arriving late or leaving early from the airport. The rooms are nice and the hotel bar is ok. The breakfast is very good. It is also easy to catch the train from the airport to the city center. You can't beat the convenience of walking out of the arrivals terminal, crossing a small taxi lot, and checking into the hotel.

Nearby NH Vienna-Airport

• Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Vienna Travel Forum

Need advice about Vienna, Austria? Visit the Travel Forum for Vienna and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vienna hotel reviews

Kaffeehaus
ball - season & carneval
Walzing away
Things to Do
Practical info for the Museum of Military History.