Brauergasse 5, Wien, Vienna, A-1060, Austria

Booking.com

• Great family -owned pension

Pension Kraml has huge bedrooms ,very clean and confortable ,with or without ensuite shower/toilet for a great price.The breakfast is superb and the owners were very kind.The location is also good ,near almost everything within walking distace or public trasportation.

Directions: it's a small street close to the Gumpendorfer Strasse.

• turnip2000's Profile Photo

Pension Kraml

For only 30 Euros you really get a superb place to stay. I realize that 30 Euros isn't "budget", but sometimes I just don't feel like a hostel and especially in a large city such as Vienna. I have stayed here six or seven times and was satisfied each time. Nothing special, but how much time do you spend at your pension anyhow? The breakfast room is actually next door in another building and is pretty darn sweet.

**I'm not sure if they speak English, but their website has an English section so I assume they do? Hmm..I'm a bit dubious about this one, but give it a shot.....

Directions: The next subway stations are close to our Hotel-Pension:
    Line "U 3" - station ZIEGLERGASSE (exit OTTO BAUER GASSE) - four stops to STEPHANSPLATZ (City center) - one stop to WESTBAHNHOF.

• Lovely Vienna Pension

Our room was absolutely enormous--larger than my first apartment. It was very clean and comfortable, with a couch as well as a small table and chairs.

Breakfast was a nice buffet each morning. Service was excellent; staff was always available and helpful. We had reserved a room not en suite, but we got one that was. When I got the bill, I commented that we had reserved at a lower price, and the owner immediately reduced the price to what I had been quoted.

The only downsides were that the room was on the 3rd floor (European), the floors were a little creaky, and it was three blocks from the subway station.

Directions: U 3 (direction Simmering) one stop to station ZIEGLERGASSE, exit OTTO-BAUER-GASSE. (U-turn at the top of the steps and then left on Ottobauergasse.) 200 m to first street on the left KÖNIGSEGGASSE, 50 m to first street on the right - BRAUERGASSE.

• Lensmeister's Profile Photo

Vienna's Best Pension

Always a pleasure.

Unique Quality: Central location in a quiet street. Close to the Westbahnhof.

Directions: Mariahilferstrasse. Within short distance (15 minutes walk) from the railway station Vienna-West
    Subway stations :
    Line "U 3" - station ZIEGLERGASSE (exit OTTO BAUER GASSE) -

More about Pension Kraml

Great family -owned pension

by bizi about Pension Kraml

Vienna's Best Pension

by Lensmeister about Pension Kraml

Always a pleasure.
This family run pension is close to Mariahilfe Strasse, and is good place to make as your base for your travels in Vienna. Central location in a quiet street. Close to the Westbahnhof.

by turnip2000 about Pension Kraml in Vienna

Lovely Vienna Pension

by meg2005 about Pension Kraml

Dying in styleDying in style

Austriabrunnen, Vienna, ATAustriabrunnen, Vienna, AT

Minoritenkirche, Vienna, ATMinoritenkirche, Vienna, AT

The Riesenrad in the PraterThe Riesenrad in the Prater

Recommended Pension in Vienna

by ramot418

I'm having trouble locating appropriate accommodation in Vienna for next month.
I would prefer a double room in a small family-run pension with private toilet and shower. It doesn't have to be in the center, but if not, it should be close to the metro - or at least to a good tram/bus route.
Any suggestions based on personal experience? Thanks.
(BTW, Pension Kraml - which is the type of thing I'm lookuing for - is fully booked).

by WStat

Hi,
recently friends have stayed at the Pension Adria, close to Viennas University and subway!
Have a look at http://www.tourist-net.co.at/hotel/adria/index.htm
Good Luck and greetings from Vienna!

by christine.j

I can recommend the Pension Dr Geissler, close to the centre, but not expensive. We really liked our stay there.

by stamporama

I also recommend the Geissler pension. The place we stayed in could accommodate 4 persons, had a separate bedroom and its own bath and sink, but the toilet is located outside and is shared with the adjoining room. The rate was reasonable and included breakfast. It's just around the corner from the Schwedenplatz subway station.

by ramot418

I finally found what seems to be a very good place - the Pension Shermin & Apartments (actually 2 buildings, 10 minutes apart). The location is great and the reviews are excellent.
Thank you all.

Travel Tips for Vienna

In a pub...

by DesertRat

In a pub (Gasthaus/Gasthof)

Here are three things to be aware of:

Toilet designators:

The number '00' on a door. This is often used in pensions, too, where the toilet is down the hall.

Damen = Women Herren = Men

Pissoir Another term often applied to the facilities, especially in Austria or Bavaria

Special Signs

Stammtisch -- If you see this word on a sign on a table, it indicates that the table is permanently reserved for the owner/publican and his own special friends. You must be invited to sit there.

Bread baskets -- Be aware that any bread brought to the table when you sit down is not free. If you eat any, you will be charged for it. When you ask for your bill, the waiter or waitress will ask you if you have had any. Usually they'll just say, 'Brot?' or maybe 'Brötchen?' with a questioning intonation.

Finding a table -- In a pub it's quite unusual to be seated by a waiter. If you look around and discover no completely free tables, feel free to ask someone who is seated alone if you can sit at his/her table. Just ask, 'Darf ich?' and point at the seat. They'll understand what you mean. Usually you will be permitted to sit down.

Comments