Mariahilferstrasse 49, Vienna, Vienna, 1060, Austria
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Vienna

Start the paradeStart the parade

Staatsoper, Vienna, ATStaatsoper, Vienna, AT

The Kaisergruft, Vienna, ATThe Kaisergruft, Vienna, AT

Fountain of the Danube SpritesFountain of the Danube Sprites

St Peterskirche.

by Maryimelda

Does anyone have a good photo of the interior (with the high altar) of St Peterskirche in Vienna on their travel pages that I could have a look at please? I am trying to update my Vienna page and am not 100% sure that the photo I am trying to place is indeed the inside of St Peters or some other church. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

by Kathrin_E

Website of Peterskirche: http://www.peterskirche.at
Virtual tour of the church with lots of photos: http://www.peterskirche.at/virtuelle_tour_1280x1024/index.html

Weblink courtesy of Google.

by Maryimelda

Thanks Kathrin. I have checked out that site and I was right. My photos are definitely of St Peterskirche interior. I appreciate your help.

Travel Tips for Vienna

ICE CREAM!!!

by asrai

When I was 15 I discovered the ice cream in Vienna and in 7 weeks spent about 80$ on ice cream cones!! I don't know how the ice cream compares with the rest of Europe but compared to anything in North America...it's heaven. The two best places for ice cream is at Tichy (on Mariahilferstrasse) and at Schwedenplatz! Definitely try the ice cream out!!! It's so good. If you're in Vienna in the winter most of the ice cream (Eis) places are closed but if you're desperate, you can find some at Shopping City Sud close to H&M.

Take the tram No.1 that goes...

by bumblebee

Take the tram No.1 that goes around the city center. It gives you a lot of good views of the important places, and you can just hop off if you feel you have to stay somewhere right now, and hop on later.

7th district - Neubau

by pakistanibrain

Neubaugasse is a shopping street that crosses the inner Mariahilfer Strasse in it's middle. It has a lot of specialized shops in different areas and is therefore the central repository for people wanting to buy something "special". So this is the place where you will most probably find very unique items to take home.

Neubau (that's how the 7th district is called) is one of the favourite residential districts for university students. So you will find a lot of young people here living in quite small flats (cause that's usually what a student can and wants to afford).

Volksgarten - Theseus Temple

by yooperprof

Dating from the 1820s, which "Graecomania" in Vienna was at its height, the Theseus Temple is a replica of a 5th century structure in Athens. It's a major focus of attention inside the Volksgarten, which is an excellent place to relax, to stroll, to people-watch, or tap a nap on one of the compfortably scattered benches nearby.

A lot of people I have spoken...

by Ilena

A lot of people I have spoken to say that the Viennese are unfriendly. I have not found this to be true as a rule. I have encountered a few rude or unfriendly people in Vienna but these have either been people in a hurry, arrogant shop assistants in tourist areas or people responding to my own behaviour. One of my Australian friends complained that the checkout operators in the supermarket did not chat with him. Personally, when I go to the Merkur to buy Manner Schnitten, I do not expect to make life-long friends with the person checking my purchase through. I suggest looking elsewhere for friends. I have found people to be quite polite and friendly and whilst having a coughing fit on the U4 one older lady even insisted that I take a packet of mints from her to help my cough. This has never happened to me in Australia.

Comments