Theobaldgasse 15, Vienna, Vienna, 1060, Austria

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Turska's Profile Photo

Lovely owner

It was most coldest summer for years,when we went to Budapest and Wien,and it made our stay litlle poor..But it´s not a town´s matter that it rains and is cold.I´ve visited Wien before,when I was 12years old,and I liked allready then.
    When we went to this pension,there was lovely old man to check us in.Heasked where we are from,and when he heard we are from Finland,he started to speak some Swedish(Finland is bilingual,and all people of our age SHOULD speak Swedish ,too.
    Then he asked,do we like animals?When we told,that we love animals,he took us to see his parrot!He put the parrot on my husbands sholder,and I took a picture.I don´t put that photo here,beacuse I´ve lost it from pc.
    Our room smelled wired-I belive there has been someone smoking,and they tried to fix it.We had our room made in Egyptian style-even the toilet-seat had Tutankhamon-face!For the price,this was good enough,but..

Unique Quality: ...I must put this in unique qualities.If the bathroom floor was wet,and you washed your hands in the sink,you got a little electric shock!!We couldn´t figure it out,how it happened-first my husband didn´t even belive it,but then he had it too!He even saw a blue lightline from the tap!Mysterios!
    Even so,we migh go back-beacuse of the nice owner,and the bird-and I saw in their pages,that they had taken a dog,too!!We love dogs!

• As bad as it gets

The place is suitable only for those with severe rhinitis since the smell from the bad plumbing in the WC's covers everything else. It is so intense that the hosts added automatic aroma-spaying devices to the rooms and the corridors. Do not even think of using the toilet in the rooms, flushing causes the filth to spout out of the washbasin and the shower tap up to 30 cm high.
    Otherwise, the rooms are furnished with old and heavily used furniture, the mattress on the beds are U-shaped and so is your spine after you sleep on it (IF you managed to sleep - the rosette around the chandelier has gone off the ceiling and was hanging dreadfully above our heads) .
    The cleaning lady seems to visit the rooms every day although we found used underwear and half-eaten apples and yogurt on the radiator and the windowsill when we first entered the room.
    Prefer anything else!!!!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Pension Mozart - Not Our Music

Pension Mozart is well situated 100 metres from Mariahilfer Strafe, the main upmarket shopping street, and just over 5 minutes walk to the museum quarter.However we were never happy with our room as it was not what we expected. We expected an ensuite bathroom, however we were given a room with a shower added to the room, just inside the entrance and we had to walk past/through wet mats each time we entered our room. Worse still the shower drain was half clogged and you stood in 2 inches of water. Complained to management twice but nothing was done. The breakfast room was very small, capacity for 6 people but they packed 12 in.
    I would not recommend to anyone and I believe you could do better else where for your money .

Directions: Near Museum Quarter

• tomnewby's Profile Photo

Great budget accommodation

I very much enjoyed my stay at pension Mozart, and will stay there should I return to Vienna. The Pension is very well-located, with all necessary services close by, easy access to the U-Bahn for exploring all areas of Vienna, and a number of very good restaurants within a few blocks. My room was very comfortable, and one of the largest I have ever had in Europe. A tremendous bargain for the money. This was the first time I had tried a bathroom-down-the-hall room (the room did have a sink and shower) and it was not a problem. (Rooms with toilet are also available.) I felt very much at home. I have only one regret--that I did not spend much time with proprietors until the morning when I checked out. They are both very friendly and interesting people and are wonderful hosts.

Comments