Sky Apartments Wien

Taborstrasse 52, Vienna, 1020, Austria
Booking.com

More about Vienna

S. Van Hoogstraten "Old man at window"S. Van Hoogstraten "Old man at window"

Hermesvilla, Vienna, ATHermesvilla, Vienna, AT

Kirche am Steinhof, Vienna, ATKirche am Steinhof, Vienna, AT

Josefsbrunnen (Graben, Vienna, Austria)Josefsbrunnen (Graben, Vienna, Austria)

Romantic days in Vienna

by jatt_rob

Hi all,

Quick question please…..I am looking at taking my partner on a romantic weekend away to Vienna. I know this is one place she would like to go and we are going in October for our 1 year anniversary.

I would like to make it very special so would appreciate it a lot if you could help in anyway.

Do you know of any really nice romantic hotels that we could stay in – Ideally nice rooms / views and close to the main sites so that we don’t have to rely on public transport?

Secondly, what are the main sites of Vienna?

Any additional information you can give would be much greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

Robbie

by Manara

You don't say how much you are willing to spend. If you are not on a tight budget I would suggest the Koening von Ungarn. A very old and very central hotel, very charming. A double room should cost about 200 euro. Here's the website: http://www.kvu.at
For the things to see, browse the Vienna Travel Guide in this website and you will find lots of tips. I recommend my own Vienna page for restaurant tips ;-)

by evaflora

I love vienna, you will enjoy. Go to see architectural sites of Hundertwasser - it is great! And i also went to see the house of dr. Freud. And, oh, dont forget to take a walk through main streets such as Mariahilferstraase. And something more - MuseumsQuartier is one of the biggest cultural sites of the world - you must see at least one museum there.

Have a great time! I hope i will return to Vienna soon too ...

Eva

by TheWanderingCamel

The Koenig von Ungarn has its merits - great location and a very nice restaurant but some of the rooms are quite dowdy and dull and it certainly doesn't have any great views unless you're partial to the tourist coaches that drive down the street from about 8am onwards thoughout the day ( a Mozart house is right next door). I have friends who love it and always stay there when they go to Vienna. I'm not sure that I would stay there again.

by GrumpyDiver

We spent about a week in Vienna a few years ago. Simply wandering the streets in the downtown area was a lot of fun. Coming from North America, the art and architecture was what we really wanted to see. My top list of attractions includes:

St Stephan's Cathedral;
Hofburg Palace, including the Schatzkammer (Treasure Museum) - jewels from the Hapsburgs;
Schonbrunn Palace; and
The absolutely bizarre Hundertwasserhaus

Travel Tips for Vienna

Visit the Vienna Opera House....

by elizab

Visit the Vienna Opera House. OK, so you'll have to pack something fancy and drag it all over Europe with you just for one night. It's worth it. We saw 'Der Rosenkavalier' and if the heavenly angels have an orchestra, it surely must sound like the Vienna Philharmonic. Attending the opera and strolling across the street afterwards for coffee and sachertorte at the Sacher Hotel.

Schmetterlinghaus

by iandsmith

To save you saying it again, it's just the butterfly house. Obviously a schmetterling is something with wings that undergoes a metamorphasis at some stage to get there. This particular one is perched on a Bird-of-paradise plant and kindly waited for me to set up my tripod to get a snap, unlike many of the others I would have loved to have shown you!

Maria Theresien Platz

by bugulma

The square is situated between Fine Arts and Nature Museum and in the centre of the square is a large statue depicting Empress Marie-Theresa of Austro-Hungaria, namesake of the square. The square was laid in 1819.

Hundertwasser Haus

by bugulma

The house was built in 1983-1986 by famous arcitect Friedensreich Hundertwasser (1928 - 2002). It is Vienna's most original public housing complex but not sure I'd be happy to have a appartments here and to live in such touristic pace.

Heuriger

by Jmill42

Heuriger is basically the Viennese way of eating and drinking. The traditional Heurigen are located close to the Wienerwald (the wine-producing region). This is located in Vienna's suburbs.
There are numerous places inside the city, though they apparently are not the real deal. So I asked for the best / well-known. I was sent to Grinzing, a town right outside of Vienna.

Check out my restaurant tip for Grinzing info.

Comments