Karntnerring 8, Vienna, A-1010, Austria

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel

great stay

by TripAdvisor Member wiggerl089

New hotel with a cosy atmosphere, just like a small Grand Hotel. Just a few steps away from Viennas pedestrian area Kaertner Strasse. Excellent service with quick check-in and very helpful staff. Amazing shower and bed- I never slept so well. Molton Brown amenities in the bath, complimentary coffee in room. Rooms spacious like suites in Grand Hotels.

If you are tired of big Grand Hotels with dusty carpets and a lobby busy like a train station, try The Ring- Viennas casual luxury hotel.

Luxury, and good value

by TripAdvisor Member Frade

Staff were exceedingly helpful. Room was beyond our expectations. Loved it!

Superb location, right neat the centre of the city, and only a few steps to the Karlsplatz metro station (which can be a bit seedy with drunks and druggos).

Great experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Tintin2

I had a great stay at The Ring in Vienna, the hotel is a beautiful property located in the very city center, rooms are big and comfortable with all amenities requested. Modern style very elegant and cozy atmosphere. Excellent service staff, I felt so spoiled. I enjoyed very much and definetely recommend this hotel to everybody.

A Winner!

by TripAdvisor Member TiaraNewJersey

I stayed at The Ring not too long ago, and was very impressed by this new up-to-the-minute hotel in a great location - right on the Ring, and just a short walk to Vienna's opera house. I was very impressed that such a "trendy" hotel would be in such a prime location and, at the same time, provided everything I have come to expect in a deluxe hotel. The rooms are large, the service was good, and the food in the restaurant emphasized the use of natural products and freshness. It was a great dining experience in a relaxed atmosphere facing the Ring. The hotel is definitely a winner in Vienna!

Mixed feelings

by TripAdvisor Member topsmed

As a regular visitor of the Grand Hotel, I wanted to experience its sister hotel the Ring.

Like the Grand Hotel, the Ring has an old facade but is mostly a modern building (modern decoration, unlike the traditional decor of the Grand). It has some of the qualities of a good four-star hotel and several weaknesses of the boutique style.

Strong points: large rooms with high celings, large bathrooms with separate rain shower (not in all rooms), good bed and bed linen, small but adequate fitness and sauna, kind staff.

Weak points: too few staff around, rooms are too dark, breakfast is a la carte and very poor value for money (about the same price as the buffet at the nearby Sacher!), the business corner is one uncomfortable desk in the reception area with a computer (not always working).

Because of poor air circulation, there is a constant tobacco smell (coming from the wine bar?) in the reception area.

Fantastic modern hotel, excellent service, in the heart of Vienna

by TripAdvisor Member LdnBusiness

My business colleague and I stayed at The Ring in Vienna in early September. The hotel was recommended to us by a frequent business traveller to Austria who had said that we should try it.

From the moment we arrived the staff at the hotel couldn't have been more charming or helpful. The decor and bedrooms were spacious and tastefully designed with Molton Brown toiletries it would appear throughout the hotel, this was a nice touch.

I would recommend both the Drings Bar and At Eight for drinks and dinner (fantastic Austrian cuisine) before taking the short ride to one of the many attractions in central Vienna. We just hopped on one of the frequent trams that run up the main Ring Boulevard.

On this experience we will definitely be staying at The Ring on our next trip to Vienna.

Geat find in Vienna

by TripAdvisor Member AndreaKing

Although I didn't actually use the spa, I did do a quick tour. So cool that it is on the top floor, with great views of Vienna (even from the sauna!) The rooms are modern, simple with a calm colour scheme. in room coffee machine is great for coffee drinkers (I only drink tea, but I won't take it prsonally!)- and the beds - like sleeping on a cloud (really!) Modern marble bathrooms Stylish bar on the ground floor - with lots of different types of Vodka - looked like the coolest people in Vienna were in there in the evening. The restaurant serves the most divine food 'Aroma Cuisine', although the decor doesn't do the standard on the food justice. Staff are friendly and efficient. The hotel really standsout amongst the other buildings - with feature lighting on the newly renovated traditional facade (did I mention it is directly opposite the Vienna State Opera - great loction obviously!)

best hotel in vienna!

by TripAdvisor Member kevnejbud

Brilliant hotel in perfect location. I tend to prefer small luxury "boutique"hotels, and this fits the bill perfectly. The room was spacious, modern, and with high end touches (top quality toiletries), nespresso machines, etc. The hotel is in perfect location, close to all the main sites in Vienna. The breakfast was not the usual buffet, but served according to a few fixed menus. All the foods was absolutely delicious. It may not be the best if in a hurry, but it works well if you have a bit of time. The hotel is quite new, so very everything feels fresh and vibrant. Also, the wellness area on the top floor is definitely worth checking. Great views in the sauna!

Exceeding expectations

by TripAdvisor Member LHOE

In my always busy schedule, I had to reserve so time to share my experiences about The Ring Vienna. Our stay in Vienna was short, but nevertheless an unforgetable experience. The Ring exceeded our expectations in every way imaginable. The location, beautifull rooms and excellent service makes The Ring the only choice of stay when you plan to discover Vienna.

Not just a bed for the night

by TripAdvisor Member utkik

Excellent rather new 5***** boutique-hotel opposite Grand Hotel. Small and cosy with a fantastic reception- and porter staff, they absolutely do it all with a smile :-)).

I liked my spacy room, simple but comfortably furnitured, great king size double-bed (for a tall swedish wiking) with dozens of pillows, definitely made my night. My room was clean and fresh. Only missed a water-tap, soap and a towel for washing hands in the separate toilet (you need to walk over to the bathroom for that).

Discovered a fascinating italian coffee-maker with different blends of tasteful espresso-coffees (cup-sizes-portions) ready to brew a fresh cup in a minute. Coffee-patrons were refilled on a daily basis, and if you ask you will get a bunch of tasty italian cappucino-bisquits to go in the restaurant (request with a smile).

I love great breakfast-buffets when travelling, but here they serve breakfasts of all kinds to your table. But no big deal, the restaurant itself is cute, relaxed and quiet although next to the busy Kärntner Ring boulevard.
My own fault that I had no time for the spa on the 7th floor, but Vienna kept me too busy. As simple as that.

I will definitely recommend this new exciting Vienna boutique hotel, only a minute or two from the busy center of town.

Servus!
Svante (a swedish wiking :-))

Comments