Brest Hotels

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2605

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Bug

At the beginning of September 2011 we came by train to Brest without having booked any accommodation in advance. Nevertheless we had an idea of possible hotels from our Bradt Belarus guide book. Hotel Bug was our first choice due to its location near the train station.

Due to the many comments regading the name of the hotel, I have to say that it is named after the river Bug, which flows through Brest.

Just before we arrived at the reception, a busload of Polish tourists was about to check in. So we were a bit worried if a room was available for the coming 3 nights.

The friendly lady in charge offered us a room of the highest price level. Our twin-room #209 cost 246360 BYR per night, which in summer 2011 equalled approximately 33 Euro. It actually consisted of a bed room, a sitting room, a small corridor and an ensuite bathroom. The sitting room was equipped with a desk, a TV, a fridge, two armchairs and a large settee.

As our room due to the settee was also suitable for three people, we we had to change rooms after the first night to room #358. This room wasn't much smaller. The cleaning ladies helped a lot during our move, so it wasn't too much of a problem for us.

Breakfast was not included in the price and during our time in the hotel we didn't notice that breakfast was provided in the hotel's own restaurant.

Everything in Hotel Bug was a bit dated and soviet style, but that was actually exactly what we expected from our time in Belarus. The building itself with its high entrance hall is well worth seeing. It was constructed in 1958 by the architect G. Benediktov.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Trains
  • Written October 9, 2013

Hotel Bug

• melek02 profile photo melek02
  • Reviews: 15

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Belovezhskaya Pushcha hotel complex (#4): Hotel in Belovezhskaya Pushcha

Actually there are 3 hotels in the Belovezhskaya Pushcha hotel complex #1, #2, #4. The building #4 is the newest one and of course more expensive, but it is still very cheap by Russian or European standards. The single room is about 37 USD and the double room is 50 USD, unfortunately most of Belarusian hotels have more expensive price for non- Belarusian and non-Russian citizens, so it is better if you call them and ask.
Last time I have stayed here in May 2010, it was very clean (one of the most clean hotels I have ever seen), staff is friendly but I guess they can speak only Russian and as it is located in the National park it has huge and very green territory.
There are small indoor swimming pool and sauna (extra but still very cheap). Breakfast is included in the room price, actually they give you card for 5 USD, but you can eat really a lot for that amount of money in the hotel restaurant. There are 1 main restaurant, 2 cafes and 1 bar in the territory, they serve basic but tasty food.
Also they offer few bicycle tours, tour by bus around Belovezhskaya pushcha national park and also tour to Belarusian Santa Clause, who has special residence in the national park. National Park Zoo is located 1 min away.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Eco-Tourism, National/State Park
  • Written May 9, 2010
Tip Photo

Belovezhskaya Pushcha hotel complex (#4)

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vesta Hotel: in the heart of Brest

The hotel was built in 1994 and renovated in 2005. It is a small and cozy hotel

It is in the quiet part of the old city, near the city park.

In the morning one can jog in the park. The biggest Brest stadium is close to it.

Lenin Square is another attraction, that is round the corner

• Written April 28, 2009

Vest Hotel, Brest

Hostels inBrest: backpackers in Brest

Is there any backpacker style of cheap hostel and train station hostel in Brest ?
So far, none of this sort

train station luggage storage ?

yes, it is available at the station

By the way, any online street map for Belarus,

only in Russian

good yellowpages online for Belarus ?

• Written April 27, 2009

Hostels in Brest, Belarus: backpackers in Brest

So far, none of this sort

train station luggage storage ?

yes, it is available at the station

By the way, any online street map for Belarus,

only in Russian

good yellowpages online for Belarus ?

• Written April 27, 2009

• Carletto76 profile photo Carletto76
  • Reviews: 408

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gostinitsa Bug: Old styled hotel by the station

Following the suggestion of the Lonely Planet guide to Russia & Belarus, I went directly to the Hotel Bug in Lenina street to look for a room on my only night in Brest. The choice couldn't be better since there I found some wonderful people celebrating a wedding and I was invited to their party inside the Hotel's restaurant.
I don't have big memories of the hotel itself since I was quite drunk due to the vodka I had to drink at the wedding, by the way it surely is a very old styled hotel with wooden interior, quite a kitsch dining room, and very simple and clean rooms. It's also rather big and quiet even if it's on the main road and very close to the railway station.
They don't accept any credit card or bancomat, I remember it well since I was drunk and with few roubles left when I had to pay before getting the room, but the groom and his friends helped me with Russian speaking and some few roubles! :) By the way it's surely a cheap place, something about 15/20 euros for a single room.
I think I'll never forget the Hotel Bug anyway... and it has nothing to do with bugs, no worry! :))

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written November 8, 2007

• Dirim profile photo Dirim
  • Reviews: 132

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apartments for rent

In Brest there are not any hostels as far as I know. But, there are some other alternatives for budget travellers.

I have rented a 1 room flat which was quite OK in conditions with a kitchen and a bathroom. And I paid 10 USD per night.

And it was at the city center very close to ul. Sovetskaya. It is located at the corner of ul. Lenina and ul. Gogola. 2 minutes walk to theater and to the Brest Stadium.

The building on the photo is the garden of the building which I stayed, and at the back is the entrance of the building.

...and the kids living in neighbourhood were very friendly. :)

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written February 17, 2006

"Boug" or "Bug" hotel

We have taken double room. There was a colour TV (in reality it was black and white), phone, 2 beds, 2 chairs, table and very small toilet with a leaky sink. Showers are on the corridor.

Taking into consideration average Belarussian wages the prices are high. We paid 20 USD for double room for a night. Prices for Belarussians are 3-5 times cheaper than for foreigners.

N/a

Near noisy street.

sleeping car: "Gostinica"

You can sleep on the Brest Central Railway Station in a sleeping car (like in the train) !!!
It is standing near the pathway over the railway tracks.
This sleeping car is used as a kind of cheap hotel.

I have never used an accomodation like this - maybe when I travelled by a train.

It is very cheap. It costs less than 2 USD per night per person. But you can also take the entire compartment for app. 5 USD per night.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive

taken from other VT memeber and updated: List of Brest's hotels

"Introurist": 16 Masherova ave, tel. +375 0 162 202083;
"Belarus": 6, Shevchenk blvd.,tel. +375 0 162 221646;
"Boug": 2, Lenina Str. tel/fax. +375 0162 236170;
"Vesta": 16, Kropskoy Str., tel +375 0 162 237169
"Gostinica": Brest Central Railway Station - near passage over railways.

In "Gostinica" there is no bath nor WC as it is on railway station area.

• Written August 29, 2002

• minchanka profile photo minchanka
  • Reviews: 129

Some info about hotels in...

Some info about hotels in Brest:

'Intourist' 16, Masherova ave, tel. +375 (0)162 202083